Black Sails (Starz)

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Anyone watch this? I just watched the first episode and wasn't exactly blown away. Should I stick with it? I dont have a lot of time to watch tv so that's why I'm asking if it's worth my time. I like the concept.

I bailed after the first episode as well, years ago. Don't feel like I missed much. I thought the tone of the series looked way off...reminded me of the Jason Momoa Conan remake.

I bailed after the first episode as well, years ago. Don't feel like I missed much. I thought the tone of the series looked way off...reminded me of the Jason Momoa Conan remake.
Exactly. Feels like more of a daytime soap opera than an epic series

@LEGS MAHONEY keeps blabbing at me about it n some hot pirate chick. Then he tried to get me to watch by posting men at me from the show that he thought were hot.

They were not hot.

@LEGS MAHONEY keeps blabbing at me about it n some hot pirate chick. Then he tried to get me to watch by posting men at me from the show that he thought were hot.

They were not hot.

The charles vane dude LITERALLY LOOKS LIKE UNCLE BENJEN AND U WANNA BANG HIM

also im nearly done with it and thought it was brilliant. Love the shows portrayl of blackbeard especially.

It's a good fun show that gets better in time. Good characters especially Blackbeard, Vane, and Long John Silver. The one prostitute who looks Blaxican(half black half mexican) is a smokeshow.

Anyone watch this? I just watched the first episode and wasn't exactly blown away. Should I stick with it? I dont have a lot of time to watch tv so that's why I'm asking if it's worth my time. I like the concept.

I loved this show, and couldn't understand why people weren't into it.

The story, acting and production values were off the charts.

I liked it, thought it was better than Vikings and Vane is the goat alpha.

It's a good fun show that gets better in time. Good characters especially Blackbeard, Vane, and Long John Silver. The one prostitute who looks Blaxican(half black half mexican) is a smokeshow.
This smokeshow word. I hate it. It doesn't even make sense. A smoke show is something to disguise something else no? Like let me escape while people can't see through this cloud of smoke!

Lol sorry not singling you out personally it's just been irritating me lately.

Ah yes toby stephens acting was superb as well. The whole resson i tuned in at first was because i remembered him from the james bond movie and was blown away by his delivery as flint. Such a good multi layered character

It gets better – that I can say, while seasons 2 and 3 are magnetic; I almost bounced early on as well. If short on time, perhaps relegate season 4 to a background-runner while you do otherwise. Moments are there come the final season that remind you why you're sticking it out but it hasn't the magic and majesty of what got you to that point, if that makes sense. Just my takeaway.

This smokeshow word. I hate it. It doesn't even make sense. A smoke show is something to disguise something else no? Like let me escape while people can't see through this cloud of smoke!

I find it pretty cringey, sounds like something my 80 yr old grandpa would say, also bryan callen uses it so it's definitely off limits for me.

My eyes are hazy from a long night of drinking, I read the title as "Ball Size", leaving disappointing. Carry on

I see what you are saying. It's been used so much on sports websites it's become a meme. However, in this case it is justified, she's fine.

I see what you are saying. It's been used so much on sports websites it's become a meme. However, in this case it is justified, she's fine.
To me, when someone says smokeshow, I think like the makeup is a smokeshow hiding her ugliness. Or those fitted yoga pants are a smokeshow for cottage cheese. Ya dig? I'm thinking.smokeshow means smokescreen unless those 2 words aren't synonymous and im the actual idiot here lol.

At any rate, that chick is legit stunning.

It’s a good show too. Not GoT level but certainly premium quality.

Back