Movies BLACK WIDOW (Debuts with $80 Million at the U.S. Box Office)

If you have seen BLACK WIDOW, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: December 3, 2019

First Trailer for BLACK WIDOW Starring Scarlett Johansson [Updated with Final Trailer]

Update: January 10, 2018

Marvel’s BLACK WIDOW Movie in the Works With Jac Schaeffer Writing

ojRl60u.jpg

Marvel is finally pushing ahead with the highly anticipated “Black Widow” standalone movie starring Scarlett Johansson, with Jac Schaeffer penning the script.

Sources say this is still very early development, as the film has no greenlight, but naming a writer is the closest the studio has come to moving forward on a standalone pic. Marvel President Kevin Feige met with several candidates before tapping Schaeffer, and Marvel execs met with Johansson to discuss what they wanted from a “Black Widow” writer.

Schaeffer is an up and coming scribe who broke out with her Black List script “The Shower,” a comedy about an alien invasion during a baby shower which caught the eye of Anne Hathaway, who quickly attached herself to star in the pic.

Hathaway was so impressed with her work that she soon tapped Schaeffer to write “Nasty Women,” a new female-centric take on “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” that also stars Hathaway.

Fans of the character have been pushing for her to get own movie since she first appeared in “Iron Man 2” and with the latest phase of Marvel films coming to a close, Marvel saw this as the best time to move forward with the project.

Johansson has appeared as the character in six films, the next one being this summer’s “Avengers: Infinity War.”

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/marvel-black-widow-jac-schaeffer-screenwriter-1202643908/

If this doesn't succeed Johansson just isnt lead material.

I hope she goes back to being a redhead for this. She so doesn't suit being blond.

I don't have much to say about Black Widow, but "Nasty Women" sounds like a serious piece of crap.

You ever been to the movies?

Have you seen Lucy or Ghost in the Shell?

But, those movies weren't the best because of Scarlet Johansson.

Hopefully Marvel will be inspired by Wonder Woman and be a much better film than than Johansson's other movies.

Have you seen Lucy or Ghost in the Shell?

But, those movies weren't the best because of Scarlet Johansson.

Hopefully Marvel will be inspired by Wonder Woman and be a much better film than than Johansson's other movies.

I loved both of those movies. She’s the current queen of sci-fi in my opinion.

I always felt that Black Widow and Hawkeye are better support characters than standalone films.

Female James Bond type movie. Didn't Charlize just beat her to it with Atomic Blonde?

Which I don’t understand since I saw them both for full price and bought them.

I've loved my share of movies that ended up not making money, sadly.

But I understand why they're not highly reguarded.

I'm actually incredibly surprised they waited so long. Everyone in the Avengers got a spin-off except her. (Hulk got plenty of movies Mark Ruffalo or not so I don't count that)

Female James Bond type movie. Didn't Charlize just beat her to it with Atomic Blonde?

And JLaw has a movie coming out where she plays an elite Russian spy/assassin. Some people even remarked that the trailer for Red Sparrows was Lawrence cos-playing as Black Widow.

Other than being played by one of the hottest women in the planet Black Widow has zero appeal to me as a character.

Yup. Too many soyboys get insecure when there is a woman on screen not having sex.

I think its the SJW soyboys that say 'Women can kick as much ass as men! Ronda Rousey would beat up a male UFC fighter! Serena Williams is one of the best tennis players ever and could beat most of the men!'

Back