Black woman gets probation for kidnapping white mentally ill man who was tortured on Facebook Live

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
After nearly a year in Cook County Jail in Illinois, 19-year-old Brittany Covington was freed on four years of probation after a plea deal was reached Friday. Covington, a black woman, had been charged with a hate crime and kidnapping in connection to the torture of a white mentally ill man. From December 31, 2016 to January 2, 2017, Covington and three other black defendants, including her older sister Tanishia Covington, Tesfaye Cooper and Jordan Hill, all held the mentally ill victim in the Covingtons’ apartment. Brittany narrated multiple graphic Facebook Live videos showing the man being hit and kicked, having his clothes cut off with a knife, being forced to drink from a toilet, and being ordered to say, “I love black people.” He was also called a supporter of then-President-elect Donald Trump. Her probation bars her from contacting Cooper or Hill or using social media. The other three defendants’ plea deals are being negotiated.
https://www.rt.com/newsline/412543-facebook-live-torture-hate-probation/

What is happening in our world?

After nearly a year in Cook County Jail in Illinois, 19-year-old Brittany Covington was freed on four years of probation after a plea deal was reached Friday. Covington, a black woman, had been charged with a hate crime and kidnapping in connection to the torture of a white mentally ill man. From December 31, 2016 to January 2, 2017, Covington and three other black defendants, including her older sister Tanishia Covington, Tesfaye Cooper and Jordan Hill, all held the mentally ill victim in the Covingtons’ apartment. Brittany narrated multiple graphic Facebook Live videos showing the man being hit and kicked, having his clothes cut off with a knife, being forced to drink from a toilet, and being ordered to say, “I love black people.” He was also called a supporter of then-President-elect Donald Trump. Her probation bars her from contacting Cooper or Hill or using social media. The other three defendants’ plea deals are being negotiated.
https://www.rt.com/newsline/412543-facebook-live-torture-hate-probation/

What is happening in our world?

Sickening. Kind of what is happening in the WR right now.

Eh she did a year in county jail which is horrible especially cook county. Plus given the type of person she is she is guaranteed to violate probation a few times in four years.

Did you know that it's racist to talk about black people like this?

She should be shot. Just being honest. Given her life choices thus far I suspect that is still a real possibility.

she was most likely given a plea deal for ratting out the other guys which is why they gave her a light sentence

White Privilege!!
1 year, that’s it? That DA can fuck off.

What would you have charged to her with to get MORE than one year in jail and four years probation?

This looks like (1) Assault/battery and (2) unlawful restraint

I know the white victims here want to claim their white victimhood, but just looking at the law, it looks like the punishment was probably as much as the DA could wring out of the facts.

Eh she did a year in county jail which is horrible especially cook county. Plus given the type of person she is she is guaranteed to violate probation a few times in four years.

This too. I've never worked in Cook, but its county jails are nationally renowned for being scary as shit.

She should not have kidnapped and tortured that retarded white boy, that was the wrong thing to do.

County jails are 10x worse than fed prison.

Anyway I'd give them all life at minimum.

What would you have charged to her with to get MORE than one year in jail and four years probation?

I know the white victims here want to claim their white victimhood, but just looking at the law, it looks like the punishment was probably as much as the DA could wring out of the facts.

Do hate crimes carry extra time in sentencing?

<LikeReally5>

she was most likely given a plea deal for ratting out the other guys which is why they gave her a light sentence
seeing as how they were all on video doing it, i doubt the prosecution needed much in terms of ratting each other out.

Back