Black woman gets probation for kidnapping white mentally ill man who was tortured on Facebook Live

Lol gimme a break. Three white people kidnapping a black mentally handicapped dude and torturing him for three days would be an international story. Get the fuck outta here.
and it would be called Trump’s America, and the implication that this is the mindset of all his voters.

I've heard of people getting like 8-10 months in county jail specifically ask to be sentenced to 366 days, because over a year means they have to go to prison which is a much nicer facility where you can go outside, have a workout room, library, ect.

That’s true

toiletpaperracist.jpg

Lol gimme a break. Three white people kidnapping a black mentally handicapped dude and torturing him for three days would be an international story. Get the fuck outta here.

Did this blow up as a new story? Does anyone remember hearing about this? I did not, but maybe I missed it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ball-coat-hanger-rape-teammate-john-rk-howard

An Idaho prosecutor’s declaration that an alleged rape of a black, mentally disabled football player with a coat hanger by his white team-mate was not a sex crime and was not racially motivated has sparked mounting criticism among campaigners against sexual assault.

John RK Howard was initially charged with felony forcible sexual penetration by use of a foreign object, but on Friday, the 19-year-old reached a plea bargain that allowed him to plead guilty to a felony count of injury to a child. The deal will allow Howard to avoid prison time unless he violates his probation, the Twin Falls Times-News reported.

Lots of right wingers in the WR are concerned about being victims in the growing abuse of the mentally handicapped.
I think it has more to do with disgust at people being excused from horrible crimes because of identity politics. A crime which almost everyone would universally agree was disgusting if it were not turned into a race issue.

I think it has more to do with disgust at people being excused from horrible crimes because of identity politics. A crime which almost everyone would universally agree was disgusting if it were not turned into a race issue.

What are acceptable reasons to excuse someone from horrible crimes? I would like to keep this in mind the next time right wingers on this board excuse people from horrible crimes. Which does happen, just so we're clear on that.

What are acceptable reasons to excuse someone from horrible crimes? I would like to keep this in mind the next time right wingers on this board excuse people from horrible crimes. Which does happen, just so we're clear on that.
I don't know. Can I go let say, burn down a black church and say its OK because a black person did something bad once? Can I beat gay people because one made me feel uncomfortable one time or better made some other straight white person uncomfortable?

Stop with the intentional ignorance already.

After nearly a year in Cook County Jail in Illinois, 19-year-old Brittany Covington was freed on four years of probation after a plea deal was reached Friday. Covington, a black woman, had been charged with a hate crime and kidnapping in connection to the torture of a white mentally ill man. From December 31, 2016 to January 2, 2017, Covington and three other black defendants, including her older sister Tanishia Covington, Tesfaye Cooper and Jordan Hill, all held the mentally ill victim in the Covingtons’ apartment. Brittany narrated multiple graphic Facebook Live videos showing the man being hit and kicked, having his clothes cut off with a knife, being forced to drink from a toilet, and being ordered to say, “I love black people.” He was also called a supporter of then-President-elect Donald Trump. Her probation bars her from contacting Cooper or Hill or using social media. The other three defendants’ plea deals are being negotiated.
https://www.rt.com/newsline/412543-facebook-live-torture-hate-probation/

What is happening in our world?

Probation? Death penalty would be more suitable- for all involved.
I hope the cunt gets hit by a bus.

i just googled the charges and it says the plea deal included dropping kidnapping charges as well as other charges so obviously there were a few. Plus the judge released a statment saying he choose not assign jail time since she would probably not have come out any better and this gives her chance to get her life back together. So clearly there were other charges and there was the option to sentence more time so no the DNA did not get every bit a of punishment possible.

The system is horrible. Just "drop" kidnapping charges???
As if it were J-walking.

I don't know. Can I go let say, burn down a black church and say its OK because a black person did something bad once? Can I beat gay people because one made me feel uncomfortable one time or better made some other straight white person uncomfortable?

This was pretty dumb, but....

Stop with the intentional ignorance already.

Do you understand that you're typing this in defense of someone complaining that violence against right wingers in the War Room and the lack of justice for them is comparable to the news story in the OP? I feel like you do not and that your feelings got hurt so you started typing stupid shit.

Isn't the punishment for kidnapping usually a life sentence? That's what all 4 of those thugs deserve.

1.) She probably got that deal for ratting on the other three

2.) All they could probably prove is that she held the camera

3.) Sometimes prosecutors give defendants enough rope to hang themselves

4.) I imagine that sentence has a "poison pill" thing in it that if she violates her probation in any way she might have to spend the full 4 years in custody. That's how WA does a ton of their drug violation sentences. 2-3 years probation but if you mess it up you end up going into prison for 2-3 years.

Yet another "Hey, look what a black person did" thread.

1.) She probably got that deal for ratting on the other three

2.) All they could probably prove is that she held the camera

3.) Sometimes prosecutors give defendants enough rope to hang themselves

4.) I imagine that sentence has a "poison pill" thing in it that if she violates her probation in any way she might have to spend the full 4 years in custody. That's how WA does a ton of their drug violation sentences. 2-3 years probation but if you mess it up you end up going into prison for 2-3 years.

A common sense post?

200.webp

Back