Blah blah blah, race thread

Are we bigots ?
I think we all are. But that's in our makeup. It's stuffed down there and most people can filter for it IMO.
I think we're awesome, and we'll leave our prejudices behind. At one time, they were sensible and reinforced by lack of travel means.
As we mature as a species we're gonna be un-fucking-believable.

Meh, maybe not so many as you think. I'm broadly socially and economically conservative... but definitions of what's left and right are fluid these days
Don't say "fluid" in the war room, it tends to lead to bad places.

Don't say "fluid" in the war room, it tends to lead to bad places.
Someone say fluid?

Silver_Lining_Monochromatic_Moments_with_Fitness_Model_Sommer_Ray_2017_09.jpg

Dibs and I don't see how this version of "fluid" is a bad place...

Unless you're gay... or a straight female... or that weird asexual Japanese chef that chopped his member off.

My fingernails are longer, though.

Frankly, I think the entire "racial discord" is overblown. Even as a white policeman in N. Stl I got along with most people and even made some lasting friends. Seems the big mouths on any side of the racist nonsense are the only ones being heard while the silent (major) majority just roll our collective eyes and go on about our days being decent human beings to one another.
This. Same experience as well on my 3 yr stint as a LEO.

I'm not sure if this makes things any better or less violent.
It's a great start. A lot of mistrust and violence occurs because one group is eating from the other's bowl, so to speak, a competition for resources. Traditionally, these resources were precious and not only worth protection, but protection was necessary.

In a utopian society, that pressure has been outgrown because there's plenty for all.

Just as a counterthread to all the "brown people are terrible" threads, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to speculate on the following premise:

We've reached a utopian society worldwide. Every person, all over the world, has an equal chance, equal opportunity to advance their station in life, and a good free education.

I think prejudice essentially disappears. I suspect that people of all cultural backgrounds worldwide would achieve great things and we wouldn't be wasting so many of our potentially great minds the way things are now.

Say on, philosophical Sherbros.
This is certainly utopian, i.e. it is never ever going to come to fruition.

And anyways with a large enough group of people (even just hundreds) people will split up into groups. Look at highschool.

My prediction:
The future will have tribal problems like has been the case since time immemorial , but it will be much more complex and harder to notice. Genetic engineering , to produce super humans (think CRISPr/CAS9 genome editing) . China is already one of the leaders in genome editing research and practice. With A.I. , singularity and genome editing, we will get super elites. Going down the most pessimistic road on what the future entails regarding aforementioned technology: Certain nations and ethnic groups will pull ahead of others, because while we (the US) are rather diverse , essentially homogeneous powerful nations like China will use such technology to advance 1 race in particular. Probably the same could be said for Israel, Saudi, Japan, Korea

Back