Blizzard will have sort of announcement in regard to Diablo series during Blizzcon

Why on earth would they announce a mobile game at a convention attended by PC gamers? Do they not know their audience?

All i see is a Diablo fan upset over a bad game announcement, small element of semi-related gaming journalists/editors/developers angry about being questioned publicly in a Q&A session and now the anti-circle jerk to those certain gaming journalists/editors/developers. Making it purely about fringe versus fringe now.

Topic is pointless to discuss any further.

All i see is a Diablo fan upset over a bad game announcement, small element of semi-related gaming journalists/editors/developers angry about being questioned publicly in a Q&A session and now the anti-circle jerk to those certain gaming journalists/editors/developers. Making it purely about fringe versus fringe now.

it's pointless to discuss, guys! see, look - you know it's pointless because i just made a post about it, and i obviously lead by example!

<LikeReally5>

and lolz @ fringe. i guess wanting real games and actual journalism makes one an extremist now.

Just wait for the response when Blizzard tries to charge $9.95 for it.

I'd prefer $19.99 and no IAP/minimal cosmetic IAP. Mobile needs someone to do that to start legitimizing the idea of actual games on the platform, and not just casual IAP cash-grabs.

t's pointless to discuss, guys! see, look - you know it's pointless because i just made a post about it,

You brought up gamergate(for some reason) and another poster said it was "the media" going after someone. Topic at hand has irrelevant topics associated with it now. Since these past events trigger irrational emotion based responses.

lolz @ "irrelevant"
uber lolz @ "someone"

perfect 5/7

if you think i brought up gamergate, you should try using your eyeballs.

if you think i brought up gamergate, you should try using your eyeballs.

Examples:

'but gamergaters are just a bunch of misogynists!'

imo, the biggest factor in the recent trend is the whole trigglypuff/gamergate/echo chamber nonsense that went mainstream.

i mean... it's been a couple years since the gamergate fiasco... and plenty here still support those fuckers (ie: ign, gamespot, etc). they'll keep up their bullshit as long as people still click it.

ffs, some of those asshats even mention gamergate and misogyny in the above tweets. NPCs gonna NPC.

giphy.gif

Imagine hating your fans so much you bring out a mobile game as the big reveal. Looks like Activision took over this years Blizcon

Examples:

giphy.gif

...exactly. now try using your eyeballs, like i suggested. it's as if it was here before i said it, or something.

you act as if i denied mentioning it, when you accused me of starting it.

That's gold! Someone stitched together different gaming "journalist" tweets, what a bunch of disconnected shills.

6mgpttba94w11.jpg
Holy shit, look at their pictures. It's like they were trying out for the part of pretentious hipster and didn't get the role because they took the character too far.

I'd prefer $19.99 and no IAP/minimal cosmetic IAP. Mobile needs someone to do that to start legitimizing the idea of actual games on the platform, and not just casual IAP cash-grabs.

I'd prefer a $59.99 console/PC release.

I'd prefer a $59.99 console/PC release.

I have somewhat of a vested interest in mobile turning around. And they’re making a mobile game.

Can’t always get what you want and I’m trying to keep my panties as untwisted as possible.

Thousands paid thousands to be at that event, and millions of Diablo fans were either watching, and going to watch (not sure if it was live streamed). Blizzard teased a big announcement weeks/months out, enticing their fans to attend, only to showcase a title on a platform no one in that audience wants to play on.

Blizzard can make whatever game they want, but to announce this reskinned POS, in conjunction with a notoriously shallow/ microtransaction-laden dev team, at the end of an event where their hardcore PC fanbase is 99.999999 % of the audience, shows maximum ignorance.

In light of so many game developers, or movie studios, dragging once beloved IP's through the mud with terrible/lazy/disconnected cash grabs, of course this is a worthy subject to discuss.

Blizzard seems to have a huge clash between their devs and their publicists. I remember the first year I went to San Diego Comic Con was about 5 years ago or so and I was excited to go see the Blizzard panel. I dunno exactly when it was. Overwatch hadnt been announced yet and they kind of alluded to it, which was probably the highlight of the panel.

Anyway, my brother and I were kind of excited because theres all sorts of cool shit we're thinking of them showing. THen they announce the panelists and its a cool assortment of old and new school devs. And what do they show? Im not even shitting you, the WHOLE panel presentation was videos of their new line of furby/plushy squishy whatever the fuck toys. That was it. And honestly, the devs didnt seem very comfortable with it at all. You could just feel the disappointment in the room and an aura of "wtf" permeated everything.

Once they opened up the Q&A there was some cool stuff. But Jesus. To this day my brother and I still just bring that up and say "WTF were they thinking? Its fucking Comic Con and everybody here is a gamer. Nobody went to the panel hoping to hear news about stuffed animals".

game will be free and a complete chinese p2w grindfest its made by NetEase who are well know for being on the fulll pay 2 win spectrum of mobile games

That's gold! Someone stitched together different gaming "journalist" tweets, what a bunch of disconnected shills.

6mgpttba94w11.jpg

Welcome to the age of never asking the tough questions again, cause the gravy these assholes get from all these big companies is too hard to pass up. There is no shame anymore. None.

Diablo used to be my favorite franchise ever. It's just sad all around. I'm glad people like Brevik had the balls and spine to leave this dumpster fire on their own terms.

Back