BLIZZCON 2018

You know you sold out when even the die hard retard fanboys boo you

This is one scenario when we cant blame China. For this was a Blizzard decision in changing their income stream with the Diablo IP.

See i find it to be lazy development. Battle for Azeroth expansion content is lackluster. Elements of Vanilla should have been implemented into BfA and their next expansion. Instead of acknowledging that their gameplay/content decisions since Wrath were wrong. Theyre creating two different games under the same IP while joining the subscription revenue together.

They’re at least giving the fans what they want with a vanilla re release. There’s been millions of players on private servers for the last 5-10 years playing on vanilla and asking them to bring it back. It might even attract some vanilla players into their newer expansions.

I haven’t played a mobile game since angry birds in like 2012. Why’s everyone pissed? Is it an expectation that it will be micro transactions coming out the ass or what?
I think its mostly because they built it up with the "Big Diablo news at blizzcon" tweet awhile back. If they hadnt said anything and just announced a Diablo mobile game, most people wold probably be like "meh, whatever". The timing of being 6 years since release, and what, 3 years since the xpansion? Then saying "Big news, people!" obviously set them up for massive disappointment.

I think its mostly because they built it up with the "Big Diablo news at blizzcon" tweet awhile back. If they hadnt said anything and just announced a Diablo mobile game, most people wold probably be like "meh, whatever". The timing of being 6 years since release, and what, 3 years since the xpansion? Then saying "Big news, people!" obviously set them up for massive disappointment.
Doesn't help the Game is a reskin of another Game and they're out sourcing it

Doesn't help the Game is a reskin of another Game and they're out sourcing it

Yeah, I do find the outsourcing troubling. It gives me a “this is the beginning of the end” feeling for Blizzard I used to know and love.

Not to say I didn’t already feel that way with Diablo 3, but this is much further than that.

China is becoming the bigger market. China will spend money on mobile.

Rainbow six siege just decided to censor their games for the china market

They’re at least giving the fans what they want with a vanilla re release. There’s been millions of players on private servers for the last 5-10 years playing on vanilla and asking them to bring it back. It might even attract some vanilla players into their newer expansions.

For active current expansion users it makes sense to associate the $15 monthly subscription fee with Vanilla access. Vanilla by itself isnt worth the $15 subscription fee. No secondary option shows specific intent by Blizzard which is troubling.

I'll stand by my original points about Vanilla when announced last year. Its a badly designed game with nostalgia of ones younger gaming years driving sentiment. Preach in his Vanilla demo review even came to this realization.

Rainbow six siege just decided to censor their games for the china market

Nearly every game in the Chinese market censors their game. This is normally done by creating two different assets and activating the censored version for Chinese users. Its a non-issue, Siege doing it this way is lack of developers to meet a release deadline.

For active current expansion users it makes sense to associate the $15 monthly subscription fee with Vanilla access. Vanilla by itself isnt worth the $15 subscription fee. No secondary option shows specific intent by Blizzard which is troubling.

I'll stand by my original points about Vanilla when announced last year. Its a badly designed game with nostalgia of ones younger gaming years driving sentiment. Preach in his Vanilla demo review even came to this realization.

Vanilla also has hundreds of thousands of people playing on private servers. Blizzard is even trying to shut them down. You may think it’s a badly designed game but there are hundreds of thousands that think BFA and legion are badly designed games. Vanilla servers will make lots of money for blizzard and give a large number of fans something they’ve been asking for for almost a decade now.

0f73bajjbbw11.jpg

Its official, Blizzard are now chasing their stock price.

Vanilla also has hundreds of thousands of people playing on private servers.

A free2play game that was micro-transaction by its Administrators is now an unknown initial price tag locked behind an additional $15 subscription. Thats just the initial cost. We're not getting into the fundamental flaws in the gameplay.

An theyre especially not addressing the sheer number of problems at Blizzcon with WoW's current expansion. Instead they just created a new 25 dollars of revenue from the remaining high end PvE raiders on alliance. By forcing them to race change for the DPS buff. While pulling off developers from the current expansion for the Vanilla re-release and the Warcraft3 reskin.

I leveled my main(Undead Mage), my rogue(BC) and warlock(Wrath) through the vanilla zones. Its a horrible game.

A free2play game that was micro-transaction by its Administrators is now an unknown initial price tag locked behind an additional $15 subscription. Thats just the initial cost. We're not getting into the fundamental flaws in the gameplay.

An theyre especially not addressing the sheer number of problems at Blizzcon with WoW's current expansion. Instead they just created a new 25 dollars of revenue from the remaining high end PvE raiders on alliance. By forcing them to race change for the DPS buff. While pulling off developers from the current expansion for the Vanilla re-release and the Warcraft3 reskin.

I leveled my main(Undead Mage), my rogue(BC) and warlock(Wrath) through the vanilla zones. Its a horrible game.

Lol its a "horrible game" that hundreds of thousands of people have been asking for and playing illegally cuz blizzard refused to bring it back for years. You think its horrible, cool good for you. A lot of people don't like Vanilla mainly because it requires a lot more grinding, team play and you actually have to work for your gold, gear and reputation. A lot of people think BFA and Legion are horrible because everything is handed to you on a silver platter, social interactions have gone to shit, everyone has the same transmogs and people only care about achievements. Subscriptions are going to shit and iirc Blizzard even stopped releasing subscription numbers because it was getting so bad. Vanilla will thrive despite you and other retail players saying that its "a horrible game." IMO, everything beyond wrath was horrible and Vanilla was the peak of social interaction(the best part of an MMORPG) in WoW.

We'll need to agree to disagree on mostly everything about Vanilla.

IMO, everything beyond wrath was horrible and Vanilla was the peak of social interaction(the best part of an MMORPG) in WoW.

The peak of social interaction occurred during the Wrath expansion. An argument can even be made this happened during MoP. For its when cross-realm grouping was first streamlined for content. What the cross-realm grouping eventually lead to was the separation of people from addons and eventual integrated systems.

Last edited:
LOL they changed the logo on their FB and Twitter back to D3.

Diablo Mobile is actually a decent announcement. Of course people want D4 and D2 remastered but I think those will come with time.

Hearthstone is actually a really good mobile game and blizzard usually supports their games really well.

Im not a huge mobile gamer but with phone speeds ever increasing mobile games will become more popular. As long as it doesnt kill data it could be big.

They also announced wc3 remastered which is big news for wc fans.

It wasnt the worst announcements. People are being too harsh

Yep, shame on them. They paid bunch of money and waited years for any news about their favorite game. All that multiple Diablo projects, they get mobile game, game that no one asked for. Shame on them for being angry on billionaires from Blizzard.

Hearthstone is actually a really good mobile game

Is this another outsourced game or developed in house? Not trying to be an asshole, genuinely asking since I don't play Hearthstone and don't know anything about it.

Back