Blood is just red sweat.

Left hook is complete shit but I expect that. I basically feel like I can only correct one little thing at a time. There is so much wrong and I am not a trainer so I feel like I am just getting some reps in for him and telling him that over a long enough period of time he will be a little better.

Rocky is a little bigger and apparently a lot better on the ground and 2.5 more months of training will pay off, especially because his opponent has never, and is still not training ground fighting.

I know what you mean, I had a relatively new guy working with me last week, I really wanted to help him but I just couldn't because basically everything was wrong, His footwork sucked, He'd do typical beginner stuff like switch to southpaw before throwing a left kick, I have no idea what he was doing with his Right Roundkick either, It just looked really arkward all I can think of is maybe he was tensing his leg trying to kick harder!!

I really did want to help him, I know its not easy to do, Especially keeping the stance when kicking we all have to work on it, But I couldnt correct one thing when almost everything is wrong, I think it's best to let them make the mistakes and pick up on them by themselves or through a trainer, And you just correct when they've got the basics down.

What would you say exactly is wrong with Rocky's hook??

I remember you saying about the fight, But surely it's not a sanctioned fight, Is it just a type of streetfight thing or what? How can this guy not be training for it? If that was the case then why would they set 3 months as the date and not nextweek??

Get a video of the fight? Puh-lease?

His buddy was saying they wanted to video tape it and do funny commentary on it which would be pretty awesome.

I remember you saying about the fight, But surely it's not a sanctioned fight, Is it just a type of streetfight thing or what? How can this guy not be training for it? If that was the case then why would they set 3 months as the date and not nextweek??

Its def not a sanctioned fight, and they did this all because they're idiotic.

Oh yeah I am supposed to go to the old MMA gym and spar with one of the pros since he is getting ready for a fight or something apparently. I'm a little worried about it because he always enjoys kicking my ass and going hard and my neck still hurts pretty bad. As long as we only box/kixkbox I should be ok though.

@ MMA gym

Dynamic Stretching bouncing warmup

2.5 minutes Bear Crawl Drills

Wheelbarrow Walk/Pushupslength of the matx3

Standing Techniques
Punches/knee/leg sweep techniques

Sparring
1 Round w/ G
1 Round w/ Country

Pads with J.

1 Round w/ Pro "C"

194lbs PWO!!!!

My cardio has taken more of a hit than I knew. I was surprised with how quickly and easily I was able to bear crawl, and my first trip down the mat doing the wheelbarrow/pushup drill I felt really strong, but halfway through the second I hit a wall.

Got really tired during the technique while I was using the bag instead of a partner, then alternated in with two other guys so I could get some rest. Felt really good on the techniques J was showing us. The footsweeps are awesome and I got them down quickly. The very last one I did was my best and I accidentally sent my partner on a ride. He about did an entire flip.

The last time I sparred with G I had C coaching me and telling me to do things I didn't feel were right for my style. I decided beforehand that if at any point he started coaching me I was going to ignore him completely but that ended up being a non issue. I beat the balls off of G and was still taking it easy on him. Tore him up with kicks and punches and while he hit me a few times while I was in the pocket, I actually stayed in there and made him pay for those punches, something I noticed C doing a lot of when he was sparring. All I ate today was 2 things of yogurt and some almonds and a 5 hour energy a half hour before training so I even puked a little in the middle of the round, but I came back with 45 seconds left and continued to give G a beatdown while only using my jab and inside leg kick per Coach's orders.

The second round with Country I was EXHAUSTED, but so much better than him that I could rest, keep my hands down, and still put the stamp on the kid. I didn't throw any kicks this round and my boxing felt great. Even when I was tired I was landing my jabs and avoiding his punches. Really seemed to have figured out the left uppercut and enjoyed throwing it following a jab or before a right cross. Country got very frustrated by the situation and did a little bleeding and was hard on himself...especially when I would completely drop my hands and surprise him with the jab coming from down low up through his guard.

After that round I got a little rest before J grabbed me for some pad work. We could both tell my punches were much crisper than the last time we worked together. My left hook was coming directly from my face instead of dipping and looping wild, which is also Rocky's problem. It's funny, you guys see how little striking I do, but I felt like while I was in that environment everyday my striking was actually getting worse, and some time away seems to prove that I've improved more with the little I've done with Coach and on my own than I did there. I was fucking exhausted during this though. I was trying to put a lot of hips and power into my punches and I was already tired and feeling shitty so this really worked me over. Luckily I got to rest for two rounds while C went with some noobies before sparring with me.

Coach told me I was limited to a jab, cross, overhand right and left body jab and said it was going to suck getting hit while I can only do so many things but the important thing was to help out C for his fight later this month. I get that and I think it is a good thing. I needed to get beat on and those are actually good tools of mine...well relatively good, not saying I'm good.

To start I was moving, blocking punches, keeping my jab out there and occasionally throwing a right off an angle, but he was throwing quite a few leg kicks, none of which landed solid or hurt at all (we were both wearing shin guards but I was also getting out of the way just enough where they didn't have much power.) I landed some decent jabs and one very solid right cross which got kudos from Coach and him. Landed to the body with the jab only a couple times. He landed the most punches from inside where I was not moving enough and he was cutting me off and throwing lots of punches. I covered and didn't take all of them, but he hit me several times in a row and disoriented me that way a couple times.

With a minute left I was fucking exhausted. My jab had NOTHING on it, but I was moving my head back, tucking my chin and catching his punches on the shoulder. My right was only allowing me to keep him off me a little bit, if he moved away he could avoid it but if he came forward I landed it on his gloves or glanced him.

I don't remember exactly what I threw with less than 30 seconds left, and I didn't see it coming at all, but when I was immediately on the ground with my feet sticking straight up and my upper body in a crunch position looking through the front window I knew I had gotten hit with a head kick. Everything was kind of like waking up and thinking you're still dreaming, everything was kind of slowed down. C said, "He's out." and walked away and Coach said something else to me which I can't remember now, but I remember immediately thinking that this happened to me in a dream just a few months ago EXACTLY.

I was never out like lights out, but I don't remember the fall and I felt a little off for a while...kinda still do.lol Didn't hurt at all though and it was good to get put down like that and experience. I haven't been flat out dropped like that since a drunken boxing match in high school, and I was drunk enough so that I don't remember any of that.

Sprained one of my toes, got a new black eye, tiny bit of a mouse. Would love to say mroe but I gotta go!

How do you throw your body jab? I know you don't like describing striking techniques so I apologize in advance, but the body jab is one of my favorite techniques and really sets up probably 40-50% of my game.

Without getting all heavy into technical dissection here, make sure you're pushing off of the back foot into a step, and landing the jab at the same time that your stepping foot makes contact with the ground. I don't care how tired you are, you'll be putting your svelt 194 pounds behind it... maybe with more of a THUD than a SNAP but it still doesn't feel great and it scores, off-balances your opp, and plays the role of a set-up punch perfectly.

Also, I'd usually emphasizing the corkscrew motion of the punch and the sharp retraction, but with a body jab sometimes try ending the punch with more of a shove than a snap. This will offset your opponent and fuck up their chances of an immediate and weighty counter, and also give you a little extra zip on your footwork to get back out of range. Don't do this every time, because you're taking some mustard off of the punch... but as a feeling-out tool I find it's a relatively safe technique to gauge your opponent and not really risk much.

end transmission

Maybe you should eat more than a handful of almonds and a 5 hour energy for the day.

Thats some weird shit right there!!!

Why don't u lift weights anymore??

I originally took time off due to injuries, and I focused on cardio and weight loss. I started back to once a week lifting for 4 weeks then got the new job and just haven't gotten back to it. Honestly about everything I do when lifting hurts something though so it's hard to get too excited about coming back to being a weak jab, being in pain all the time, and watch my performance suffer through the rest of my training. I need to start back soon though, slow and easy. Strength is never a problem when rolling though, everyone I roll with says I feel very strong which is surprising because my numbers were never good, but it is pretty awesome to rag doll dudes who out lift me.

How do you throw your body jab? I know you don't like describing striking techniques so I apologize in advance, but the body jab is one of my favorite techniques and really sets up probably 40-50% of my game.

Without getting all heavy into technical dissection here, make sure you're pushing off of the back foot into a step, and landing the jab at the same time that your stepping foot makes contact with the ground. I don't care how tired you are, you'll be putting your svelt 194 pounds behind it... maybe with more of a THUD than a SNAP but it still doesn't feel great and it scores, off-balances your opp, and plays the role of a set-up punch perfectly.

Also, I'd usually emphasizing the corkscrew motion of the punch and the sharp retraction, but with a body jab sometimes try ending the punch with more of a shove than a snap. This will offset your opponent and fuck up their chances of an immediate and weighty counter, and also give you a little extra zip on your footwork to get back out of range. Don't do this every time, because you're taking some mustard off of the punch... but as a feeling-out tool I find it's a relatively safe technique to gauge your opponent and not really risk much.

end transmission

Its a good thing you came in and dropped this on me. I'm familiar with the mechanics you just described but I wasn't doing much of any of that yesterday, and reading that gives me some insight onto how I need to be doing things.

Maybe you should eat more than a handful of almonds and a 5 hour energy for the day.

Thanks Captain O. I hardly ate anything today either though and I am about to have Rocky over to beat on. I had been feeling a little bad about the beating I gave him the other day, but I know I haven't hit him as hard as I got hit yesterday so I am going to get some good work in today.

I don't remember exactly what I threw with less than 30 seconds left, and I didn't see it coming at all, but when I was immediately on the ground with my feet sticking straight up and my upper body in a crunch position looking through the front window I knew I had gotten hit with a head kick.

Would love to say mroe but I gotta go!

Talked to Coach today when he called to see how I was feeling hahaha. Apparently he threw the kick off of the jab I'd been throwing. I was thinking how well I was doing for being so tired at throwing the jab and leaning and covering with my shoulder, but Coach said every I did that I leaned over and dropped my right hand. I did it several times before he finished with the head kick and put me down.

It's awesome to hear the details like that from another perspective so I can know what I did wrong and how my mistakes led to serious consequences.

Felt pretty retarded all night last night but I did go on a date with this 19 year old chick, so that's cool.

Awesome, it's important to get some quality beating done on some weak ***gots. Whup his ass!

I wanted to say something postive about all the work you've put in both in the gym and at actaul work, but then you got ko'd and now I just want to fly down south and avenge you.

Awesome, it's important to get some quality beating done on some weak ***gots. Whup his ass!

...I don't know how to take this.

I wanted to say something postive about all the work you've put in both in the gym and at actaul work, but then you got ko'd and now I just want to fly down south and avenge you.

No its good. I needed it and I'm actually happy with what I learned from it.

Dynamic stretching/shadowboxing/flying knees

Holding pads for Rocky

Chins

Employee emergency, had to leave.

Sparring2-3minute rounds (much longer than 3 minute rounds because we took several breaks in between.)

Stretching

20 right leg kicks on the bag

5 minutes jump rope

40 squats
25 pushups
5 chins...meant to do more but forgot

pads, working the jab and cross individually, then together, then the hook alone, then the 1-2-3 combo.

2 rounds sparring with me

2 minutes sparring with Clampett

In the first round I was throwing some volume in the beginning, but started slowing down waiting for him to do something. I walked in on him and stood in the same place waiting for him to punch just moving my head and feinting which was throwing him off. I started thinking about a left uppercut and I sat there and thought about it for seriously ten seconds, then he came leaping in, I threw it and he hit the ground and popped right back up so quick it was hilarious. We took about a minute break to make sure he was ok, and he was, his head wasn't fucked he was just caught with a punch he didn't expect while he was coming forward and off balanced.

I spent the rest of that round walking him down and not throwing any punches and for the most part he didn't either. He just backed away from me. I finally threw a couple and that got him to throw back, but I want him to try to hit me when Im standing in range not throwing any punches. I'm trying to give him free shots and let myself work on defense and he doesn't even try until he's pushed.

Second round he did much better. He didn't land a single punch in the first, but in the second I came forward agressively without throwing punches and he finally opened up and landed two on me. Towards the end I started punching back and caught him with a left hook as he moved away. once again he hit the ground and popped right back up. I really didn't want to knock him down a second time, so after that I gave him some rest and didn't throw punches the rest of the round.

He did very well against Clampett and it was good being able to watch him, see how he does against less experienced people, and see that he listens to instructions very well. Everything I told him to do he did and it made a huge difference. Clampett landed some good shots, but Rocky definitely could have taken his lunch money.

I led him through some total body stretching that was good for both of us, then as they were about to leave we decided to kick the bag. He surprised the shit out of me being able to kick as well as he did. Every other green person I've seen try to throw a kick looked horrendous, but his weren't that horrible.

What's scary is the difference in sound and effect between us kicking it. Mine were much harder than his, but then there are a ton of guys who make my kicks look like shit. It's just crazy to think about.

It's been brought to my attention that I've been describing my training partners in a way that makes me look like a dick and a douche. I can see that and I apologize to the Bros for shaming our status. I don't always come across the way I want to in person, so I'm not surprised at this in the least. I've been called an asshole enough to know it's either really true or I just do a really good job of making people think that it is. I'll just admit I was being a douche and try to be better about it in the future and explain a little about my training partners right now.

Coach and UFC are worlds ahead of me and I respect them both a ton for their talents. I feel that even if I may catch them they have so much more to teach me and I'm not qualified to teach anyone.

The Pros are both way better than me and I have a ton of respect for them as well. I don't like C's coaching style, but personally and as a fighter I like him.

The other guys at the old gym, I am definitely a little more harsh in my descriptions of them. Not that I don't like them, but I don't know them and if they smell bad I write about it and if they're not very good technically I don't usually feel bad mentioning it.

I am too much of a dick with Rocky too and I need to be nicer to him. He says if I went to pick up chicks with O.J. Simpson I would still be the asshole.

It's been brought to my attention that I've been describing my training partners in a way that makes me look like a dick and a douche. I can see that and I apologize to the Bros for shaming our status. I don't always come across the way I want to in person, so I'm not surprised at this in the least. I've been called an asshole enough to know it's either really true or I just do a really good job of making people think that it is. I'll just admit I was being a douche and try to be better about it in the future and explain a little about my training partners right now.

Coach and UFC are worlds ahead of me and I respect them both a ton for their talents. I feel that even if I may catch them they have so much more to teach me and I'm not qualified to teach anyone.

The Pros are both way better than me and I have a ton of respect for them as well. I don't like C's coaching style, but personally and as a fighter I like him.

The other guys at the old gym, I am definitely a little more harsh in my descriptions of them. Not that I don't like them, but I don't know them and if they smell bad I write about it and if they're not very good technically I don't usually feel bad mentioning it.

I am too much of a dick with Rocky too and I need to be nicer to him. He says if I went to pick up chicks with O.J. Simpson I would still be the asshole.

i admit I didn't read this, but it was no doubt about destruction.

I apologize to the Bros for shaming our status

LOL the 'bros' status was shamed from its inception. This just added to it significantly.

*slow clap*

Ath.....Ath....Ath...Ath. Ath. Ath. Ath! ATH! ATH!

Woofwoofwoofwoofwoof.

You don't come across as a douche IMO. Nothing wrong with being confident and telling it like it is. If you wouldn't be afraid to say it to a person IRL, then there is nothing wrong with typing it.

Putting on some fake humility isn't really all that noble.

Back