Rumored Bo Nickal vs Jacob Malkoun Confirmed By Malkoun - UFC 302 - June 1st

BJJ doesn't give you great takedown defense and having an advantage off your back in MMA requires an insane skill gap in favor of the guy on his back.

Bo trained to compete against Gordon Ryan before getting into the UFC., he's not a scrub on the ground.

With that said, I'm tired of seeing him on main cards.

He's a 28 year old guy with a record that's not even UFC-worthy.

He was never even top 20-30 in world wrestling but they're marketing him like he's Karelin coming into UFC.
I agree he's obviously a great grappler, but Malkoun would actually have a threat whenever he dives his neck in for a takedown or on the floor.

The past guys he fought had absolutely nothing for him which makes this an interesting "test".

Honestly, Bo should just keep fighting journeymen for now. Fight often, and avoid unnecessary damage. Get some octagon time and experience in and rack up some more finishes. Make some highlight reels if he can. Take the small bumps in pay and maybe bonus a little.

He really should not be rushing to fight the elite MW's right away. Bo obviously has decent wrestling chops, but I don't think his game is as well-rounded as he thinks it is.

How many more cans are they going to feed him FFS
he should get cans. he shouldn't get ranked fighters or contenders.

It's normal for someone who is 5-0 to be fighting lower level competition, he should not be fighting a ranked fighter for atleast 5 fights if he wants to keep that fancy little 0 of his.

Feed him cans, but not main card slots on PPV's until he's done fighting cans.

Honestly, Bo should just keep fighting journeymen for now. Fight often, and avoid unnecessary damage. Get some octagon time and experience in and rack up some more finishes. Make some highlight reels if he can. Take the small bumps in pay and maybe bonus a little.

He really should not be rushing to fight the elite MW's right away. Bo obviously has decent wrestling chops, but I don't think his game is as well-rounded as he thinks it is.

Sound Advice, this is what O'malley did. It's how he built his name, his record, his highlight reel and became a familiar face.

Bo announced on his instagram story that the fight is not happening. Which is exactly what I suspected. Bo has been pretty vocal that he wants to return in late summer, maybe August. I want him to get on UFC 303, that's been proposed to him a few times and he has sort of indicated it's not his preference. There have been absolutely zero indications he has any interest in fighting on UFC 302.

Sounds like Malkoun was asked if he'd take the fight, he said yes and Bo declined.

Malkoun has really only lost one fight in the UFC and that was his debut. He clearly beat Brendan Allen and then got a Jones/Hamill style DQ against Chodey Bumdage.

Would be a decent fight if is happens. I'd slightly favour Bo but I think it would go to a decision and Malkoun would have his moments of dominance in the grappling. I just think Bo is more likely to do damage on the feet prior to the fight going to the ground and therefore get the decision

Another lame fight. When are they gonna give him a name? With this much hype why is he fighting tomato cans?

i can tell this fight won’t help bo’s career much. he’s not going to get much credit if he wins, even if it is a step up. he needs to fight someone with name recognition.

Back