Bobby Knuckles??

It’s his fuckin name in La Cosa Nostra.

Now, shut up about it. What happens in La Familia...Stays in La Familia.

stupid.gif

I like it and use it because it's a silly moniker. Some of these guys try so hard to be 'alpha' and they could use a tail whippin' from a guy with a silly moniker. Whittaker just knocks people out and stays humble. Sucks for those that get in the path of bobby knuckles.

@Arkridge Anik did NOT make it up. On the Co Main Event Podcast, the hosts invited their listeners to come up with a better nickname than the Reaper. One of their listeners submitted "Bobby Knuckles", and they ran with it.

EDIT after a little quick Googling: the listener's name was Colby Hentges.
Well done sir for the correction

Well done sir for the correction

{ladylike blush and graceful curtesy}

I'm a habitual CME listener. They have a clutch of alternative nicknames — "Sweet and Sassy" Mousassi, Ilir "the Bricklayer" Latifi, Pretty Tony Pettis etc. But Bobby Knuckles is the only one that's caught on in the wider world.

feel the same way

Bobby Knuckles is one of the coolest nicknames in mma.

{ladylike blush and graceful curtesy}

I'm a habitual CME listener. They have a clutch of alternative nicknames — "Sweet and Sassy" Mousassi, Ilir "the Bricklayer" Latifi, Pretty Tony Pettis etc. But Bobby Knuckles is the only one that's caught on in the wider world.
Whoops, I mean good job ma’am!
Didn’t realize female. Kinda rare around here.

@Arkridge Anik did NOT make it up. On the Co Main Event Podcast, the hosts invited their listeners to come up with a better nickname than the Reaper. One of their listeners submitted "Bobby Knuckles", and they ran with it.

EDIT after a little quick Googling: the listener's name was Colby Hentges.

correct. i recall that podcast. here's ben fowlkes recollection:

"First of all, when you accuse me of “weasel(ing) one of (my) little podcast inside jokes” onto the broadcast, what you really mean is playing a small role in popularizing a nickname to the point that UFC commentator Jon Anik wanted to use it. And why did he want to use it, Danny? Because it’s fun. Because it works. That’s not some weaselly little trick, my friend. That’s the marketplace of ideas doing its thing.

Second, I’ll admit I’m a little conflicted. We at the Co-Main Event podcast didn’t invent the “Bobby Knuckles” moniker – a guy named Colby Hentges came up with it – but we liked it as soon as we heard it and we didn’t give much thought to how Whittaker would feel about it if one day he showed up for the biggest fight of his life and everybody was calling him some name he’d never heard before."

https://mmajunkie.com/2017/04/tradi...her-not-be-bobby-knuckles-whats-in-a-nickname

Bobby Knuckles is absolutely one of the best nicknames I've ever heard

Jon Anik made it up and it stuck. I like it. Better than "The Reaper". That shit sounds like a stage name they'd give some stereotypical roided out MMA fighter in a terrible C ranked movie about street fighting.

Bobby Knuckles sounds like an enforcers name that worked for John Gotti, or possibly Tony Soprano.

Bobby is a shit version of Robert. Rob is okay, hell even Robby.

Bobby is a girl's name, but I guess it is 2019...

I love it! Go tell Bobby Knuckles he sounds like a girl to his face.

He actually seems like such a nice guy he would tell you that you’re entitled to your opinion and have a nice day. Mate.

Its a funny nickname. I didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me. By this way of nicknaming, Jon Jones' nickname should be "Johnny Eye-Pokes."

Back