Body kick turned into knee to the head

Logical Fella C

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
The finish by Moraes immediately reminded me of Hansen's KO against Azeredo.

In both instances, a body kick turned into a devastating knee to the head because of the opponent ducking down for a shot.

Incidentally, Joachim Hansen has scored two additional counter knee KO's (just straight knees, not body kicks landing at the knee) to opponents who lowered their head (possibly going for a clinch / takedown).

Hellboy-Gif.gif

I'm wondering if there have been any other instances of body kicks landing at the knee for the KO.

man i felt bad for sterling. matt serra fucking loves the guy.

Joachim "the ufc couldn't pay me enough to be disrespected or something-original walk-off K.O.(poor Imanari)" Hansen

I believe Dillashaw went for a head kick against Issei Tamura but caught him with the knee instead. KO’d Tamura good though.

As a more recent example, Humberto Bandenay threw 2 body kicks at Martin Bravo. First one landed right to the liver and Bravo ducked right into the second kick, caught a flush knee to the face, and went completely stiff.

Dodson did that to Moraga, but it wasn't a clean KO. Result was eventually a TKO, but the stoppage was a bit iffy.

RXRkdv
John+Dodson+Breaks+John+Moraga%27s+Nose+-+UFC+Fight+Night+Albuquerque.gif

Kick-knee knock outs seem to always result in a walk off, as if the striker is surprised and don't quite know what happened ;)

I did that once in training. Partner tries to throw right cross and left kick. I see the cross and duck straight into the knee. BAM!! Thank God he hit only the side of my head but it still was one of hardest hits I ever took.

I made a thread on that. Kicks seem to result in more lucky KOs than do punches.

Thanks everyone!

Here are some more examples that have been mentioned.

Humberto Bandenay KO's Martin Bravo:

giphy.gif

TJ Dillashaw's headkick lands at the knee against Issei Tamura:

Yea. Reminded me of Hellboy too.

Posted a GIF in some other thread.

Derek Anderson vs Brandon Girtz in Bellator is my favorite version of this particular instance

Back