Crime Bomb threats across the nation demanding Bitcoin payments.

Kowboy Karl

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Crazy! I’m snowboarding In beaver creek Colorado and I come back to my hotel and it’s roped off for a bomb threat

“The Eagle County Sheriff’s Office and Avon Police Department have responded to Falcon Point Condominiums in Avon and Post Montane in Beaver Creek.”

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/crim...are-across-vail-beaver-creek-area-businesses/

How come I can’t upload a photo?

***Mod merge***
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/147435005/
Turns out this didn't just affect one hotel. Merged OP with expanded story linked above (Post #9)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/us/email-bomb-threats/index.html

(CNN)Dozens of institutions across the country received email threats Thursday afternoon, prompting evacuations and sweeps of buildings.

At this time it unclear if the threats -- which have been received at locations throughout San Francisco, at the University of Washington in Seattle, and at Penn State University in Pennsylvania, among other places -- are connected. The FBI said it is aware of the threats and is working with law enforcement to provide assistance.
"As always, we encourage the public to remain vigilant and to promptly report suspicious activities which could represent a threat to public safety," the FBI said.
In Seattle, UW noted in a campus-wide alert that the FBI had "advised that the email is not a credible threat."
The university concluded sweeps of possibly affected buildings.
The Thurston County Courthouse in Olympia, Washington and the Park Record newspaper in Park City, Utah also received similarly threatening emails. People have been allowed back inside buildings at those locations, according to tweets on their verified Twitter accounts.
In California, the Riverside Sheriff's Office had "an influx of email threats" and is taking them seriously, although no threat has been substantiated.
The San Francisco Police Department responded to reports of bomb threats at locations throughout the city.
"We have received information that several other cities across the United States have received similar threats," police said.
Pennsylvania State Police are "investigating some bomb threats in the eastern part of the state," a spokesman for the department tells CNN.
"Penn State University Police, in conjunction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, is investigating a message received by individuals in multiple locations on campus and across the state," the university said in a statement. "Police say this does not appear to be a legitimate threat, however, an investigation is ongoing."
University police later said the threat appears to be a hoax.
Email threats have also been received in Canada.
Vancouver Police Department Sgt. Jason Robillard tells CNN that businesses have received threats. He is not aware of any buildings that have evacuated.
The Chicago Police Department received 15 to 20 reports of emailed threats in the past few hours, according to Officer Jennifer Bryk.
Director of Communications Anthony Guglielmi tweeted, "#ChicagoPolice are working with federal partners on the investigation, and at this time there is no elevated threat level for the city of Chicago."
Threats were also emailed to locations in New York City and Atlanta; the Charlotte News & Observer and the Raleigh News & Observer newspapers in North Carolina; and three sites in Miami.

Probably some disgruntled employee. Those resorts treat their workers like shit.

Beaver Creek? Probably some incel who thought it was a hookup resort only to get shot down left and right by mediocre snow bunnies

This guy is live talking about this now

Our corporate office just sent out an email that they received one and asked anyone else to forward it to IT for tracking. We aren't a big name company or anything either, I'm more curious now how they sent out the email to so many buisnesses

They sent this shit everywhere. My mom texted me saying her hospital is on lockdown cuz of it. Big hoax supposedly.

Bagholders are getting desperate.

Dozens of businesses and institutions across the United States and Canada received email threats Thursday afternoon, prompting evacuations and sweeps of buildings.

At this time it's unclear if the threats -- which have been received in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Miami, Washington, DC and other locations nationwide -- are connected. The FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said they are aware of the threats and are working with law enforcement to provide assistance.

There have been 5 or 6 in my area alone. Hundreds in total. It is all over the country. Could be an automated email sent out. More criminals are going to start demanding ransom in crypto.

Probably from hacking groups that are trying to be like the lizard squad.

Bitcoin (it's use and users) and crypto in general being this brazen for illegal transactions is what will get it shut down for good by some US law

i feel bad for my buddy that invested close to 100k in bitcoin in november. hes still rich as fuck, but that would seriously suck.

terrorism for monetary gain....

someone just rewatched the first Die Hard

Bagholders are getting desperate.

Dozens of businesses and institutions across the United States and Canada received email threats Thursday afternoon, prompting evacuations and sweeps of buildings.

At this time it's unclear if the threats -- which have been received in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Miami, Washington, DC and other locations nationwide -- are connected. The FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said they are aware of the threats and are working with law enforcement to provide assistance.

There have been 5 or 6 in my area alone. Hundreds in total. It is all over the country. Could be an automated email sent out. More criminals are going to start demanding ransom in crypto.

We had about 15 today. Definitely interested to see some details on this.

*Correction* 36 bomb threats

Last edited:
terrorism for monetary gain....

someone just rewatched the first Die Hard

What about the Die Hard with all the bomb threats as a distraction for a bigger plot? A ton of resources and manpower are being used on this.

What about the Die Hard with all the bomb threats as a distraction for a bigger plot? A ton of resources and manpower are being used on this.

Heres hoping it’s all cherry syrup and no one is at Fort Knox.

Beaver Creek? Probably some incel who thought it was a hookup resort only to get shot down left and right by mediocre snow bunnies
That's the name of a federal lock-up near me. Totally different type of hook-up going on there.

Back