Bones Jones Fires back at Chuck

Jones is such a doofus. It´s Chocolate L.

Liddell has cemented his own image as the new Ken Shamrock on blogs. We all seem to acknowledge Liddell as a shadow of his former shelf.

Except Chuck would have same issue as everybody else in just trying to get past the near foot long difference in reach, eating jabs that would screw with his accuracy and taking leg kicks that would hobble him, keeping Chuck from being able to plant his weight and generate the type of stopping power you're talking about. The combination of fight IQ, reach, wrestling and versatility in his striking from range and the clinch is something Chuck has never seen. While we're both just assuming how well one fighter would do against the other, there's nothing about Chuck that shows he would be any different from many fighters Jones beat.
Have you ever watched a jones fight? He gets tagged all of the time by guys with way less reach than Liddell. However, most of those guys aren't known for their knockout power. Cormier, who is not known as a "striker" was able to tag jones at will in both fights. Give Liddell just a couple of chances for his shots to land and it will be a very different story. Plus, jones is not known for his KO power so Liddell would just walk him down and take the chance to go shot for shot with him. I don't think that jones would want to get close enough to clinch because he would be afraid of getting tagged but then, that would leave him exposed to get bombed from a distance. You can "teep kick" all you want but it only takes one shot to get through and we have seen jones get popped more than once (no pun intended.... ah fuck it, that was a good one).

Chuck honestly benefitted greatly from the UFC being what it was at the time of his prime. He really doesn’t have a particularly great record overall when it comes to top-notch competition.

He has a loss to Randy. He has two losses in Dominant fashion to Rampage. He has one win over Wandy which is a good win. He has a knockout loss to Shogun. He never fought Dan Henderson. He also has a knockout loss to Rich Franklin who was not really a 205 pound fighter. Honestly his biggest rival and when I say rival it was really marketability was Tito. His career is largely overrated to me.

Back