Boston Free Speech Rally, live: August 19, 2017

The media is slowly trying to make people think that if you're even slightly right wing, you're a neo nazi white supremacist. Here in Canada on the news that's all they've been talking about. They never used to say anything about right wing conservatives being neo NAZIS and racists, but now they are. It's fucking insane how biased these news outlets are and how hard they are trying to push this agenda, and the even more sad part is that pretty much everyone over here who is a clueless liberal actually believes it.

Fuck this is just pathetic
I have not noticed this trend myself. I have seen more than one post saying Canadian news coverage is descending into this but it hasn't been my experience. I guess I will have to watch more. I'm talking about network news, by the way, not the all news channels. I'm interested in examples if there are any online versions.

One of the most cringey parts of this recent trend is how many people are patting themselves on the back these days for "fighting Nazis".

You aren't storming the beaches at Normandy & facing down German pillbox machine guns you fucking pussies, you are hanging out at a park with your friends, and occasionally harassing people.
The worst part about seeing Antifa labeled as the anti-heroes is knowing their history.

People post stuff like this:
fallon_tweet.jpg

It's just moronic. Antifa is the residual of the paramilitary wing of the German Communist party in the 1930s.
17lp.png

So while they may envision themselves as the "Nazi slayers," the truth of the matter is that if they would have succeeded in the first place, there wouldn't have been any successful Nazi movement - real Nazis, not the basement dwellers using Tiki torches. The original Antifa were pretty much pwn3d by the Nazis.

The most intellectual discourse you'll ever see. I promise.

You guys need to put country before party for the greater good.
You guys?
Which "you guys" are you referring to, exactly? I'd prefer if you'd clarify since there are a lot of people on this forum who like to spit "the left" or "the right" as some unified demonic group to which everyone who objects to their posts belongs, and to whom they attribute every ill in society. Is that the case here?
It's facile and stupid. I do not see this as much the other way but it happens.

It's extremists in general that are fucking up my southern neighbour, and their 2-sides are the only sides political philosophy. The binary nature of it seeps into everything. It's sad. So, actually, which ever "you guys" you meant, you're right, but it's also "them guys" who need to do the same.

Unfortunately, due to social media bubbles it's going to be extremely difficult.

Sorry for going off topic.

Last edited:
You guys just did exactly what I was talking about.

@dontsnitch I thought you had a great post. I was right with you until the first amendment line.

@LostSoul are you aware that the first amendment ONLY protects us from government censorship? It has nothing to do with any other type of censorship, corporate, media or social.

I am very aware. I didn't say that antifa had the power to restrict free speech. I said that they are opposed to it. Just like most liberals are anti-gun. They expect government to do their bidding.

What a sad social and cultural development.

Free speech is becoming synonymous with hate speech and being a nazi for the left.

Lie. No one hit her. Someone snatched her flag and ran off with it, she wouldn't let go and ran after the person while still holding onto her handful of flag, and tripped over the flag. She then ran after the flag-snatcher to escalate the situation further and then realized she was surrounded by anarchists and starts crying like a poor victim.
She escalated the situation by trying to retrieve her property?

The worst part about seeing Antifa labeled as the anti-heroes is knowing their history.

fallon_tweet.jpg

It's just moronic. Antifa is the residual of the paramilitary wing of the German Communist party in the 1930s.
17lp.png

So while they may envision themselves as the "Nazi slayers," the truth of the matter is that if they would have succeeded in the first place, there wouldn't have been any successful Nazi movement - real Nazis, not the basement dwellers using Tiki torches. The original Antifa were pretty much pwn3d by the Nazis.

Those antifa or crazy leftists are insane. Some of them are demonic possessed individuals. They have no restraint or self control and just start getting violent over a dude that wants to talk to them.

Lie. No one hit her. Someone snatched her flag and ran off with it, she wouldn't let go and ran after the person while still holding onto her handful of flag, and tripped over the flag. She then ran after the flag-snatcher to escalate the situation further and then realized she was surrounded by anarchists and starts crying like a poor victim.

You mean:

ANTIFA moron saw an old lady holding a flag of the USA (not a Confederate flag), grabbing onto it in an attempt to STEAL it, and dragging her a good distance until it made her accidentally step on it and fell down. Then the old lady, obviously upset tried to go after the guy who tried to STEAL the flag.

Good job blaming the old lady though for getting dragged across the place and getting tripped by an ANTIFA member.

fallon_tweet.jpg

17lp.png

Those soldiers fought for the USA. These ANTIFA hypocrites go around burning US flags and attack fellow US citizens. I don't recall WWI and WWII era US soldiers wanting anarchy and communism either, lol.

Fighting words is an interesting test to the concept of free speech. I'm no lawyer, but I believe that if fighting words are used and you attack someone, the person who issued the fighting words can be held liable for their speech.

But!

The attacker is typically not exonerated of the attack. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my understanding.
The problem with the fighting words clause is that nowadays saying "I will not be removed from these premises just because I'm white" is thought of as fighting words. See Evergreen.

These people are a joke. Replace white with Jewish/Black ... and see how long they get away with this sign.

DHnlrgxV0AA9xtY.jpg:small

Women shouldn't be allowed to vote. When society collapses and the dust settles, if we somehow pull ourselves from the rubble of society and rebuild civilisation, this will be the lesson we have learned.

The problem with the fighting words clause is that nowadays saying "I will not be removed from these premises just because I'm white" is thought of as fighting words. See Evergreen.
Evergreen is a clear abuse of the concept. I disavow.

Back