Boxers winning with a broken hand?

back when i was training, i used to hate shaking people's hands because of that shit, it's common knowledge that boxers generally give wimpy handshakes and often just offer their fingers because of assholes like that.

Oh, he wasn't an asshole. He was one of the most upright guys that I have ever known and very even keeled. He was and is a pretty neat guy. He joined the paratroopers during vietnam to overcome heights. The guy practices a ryukyu kempo, which is a style of karate that focuses heavily on pressure points, joint locks, and taking out someone's legs. It is like the anti- takewando style of karate. No flash to it whatsoever. But the guy is built like a shithouse, like 5'9 270 with hands the size of baseball gloves and strong. If he got his hands locked on your joints, there is no way you could get him off of you. I wasn't mad at him at the time even just because I know he was just giving a very respectful handshake. Anyways, pretty cool chill dude that works as a prison guard.

when your hand is wrapped correctly, you would have enough packaging to probably not notice the pain from a broken bone as it is packed so tight, if you really feel a broken bone during a fight, its either really serious or your wraps are crap

i've broken bones in my hand and carried on fighting for 30 minutes with mild pain, and then as soon as the wrapping is taken off been like a fucking baby watching my hand swell to 3 times its normal size

Oh, he wasn't an asshole. He was one of the most upright guys that I have ever known and very even keeled. He was and is a pretty neat guy. He joined the paratroopers during vietnam to overcome heights. The guy practices a ryukyu kempo, which is a style of karate that focuses heavily on pressure points, joint locks, and taking out someone's legs. It is like the anti- takewando style of karate. No flash to it whatsoever. But the guy is built like a shithouse, like 5'9 270 with hands the size of baseball gloves and strong. If he got his hands locked on your joints, there is no way you could get him off of you. I wasn't mad at him at the time even just because I know he was just giving a very respectful handshake. Anyways, pretty cool chill dude that works as a prison guard.
sounds like an asshole, especially if he's a prison guard. those guys are almost always assholes. I've known a lot of macho fucks like that, some of them i've seen get really humbled by some of the real fighters i've known.

when your hand is wrapped correctly, you would have enough packaging to probably not notice the pain from a broken bone as it is packed so tight, if you really feel a broken bone during a fight, its either really serious or your wraps are crap

i've broken bones in my hand and carried on fighting for 30 minutes with mild pain, and then as soon as the wrapping is taken off been like a fucking baby watching my hand swell to 3 times its normal size
fuck, i heard those kinds of stories, sounds painful. carmen basilio once said that during a fight you don't really feel pain it's the next day that it all sinks in, that's been true for me when i got injured for the most part. I've gotten my nose broken in sparring but didn't realize it for a couple hours both times, and i had my sternum dislocated, it hurt but I didn't realize how serious until later when it popped back in, same with my ribs, when my ribs were broke, it hurt of course but not like the next day, especially when they went back in place when i was in math class and i let out an involuntary grunt.

you're just a mess aren't sun? ya, i'm getting old but oddly, i think lately, i hurting myself more just doing work for some of my asshole customers than i do working out. Mostly because i get stuck with a lot of stuff no one else can or wants to do. I slipped and hurt my knee a couple years ago and i think it's pretty serious, i also hurt my back pretty bad last year moving boulders, no lie, boulders for a customer, usually because other people are too lazy to pitch in and I take to much on so in that way it's my fault.
I am a fucking mess. If I could tell me at 15 to take it easy fella, I would be a lot better. I literally can’t stay on my toes. I can’t switch and right foot has to be planted.

When I was young I’d say I was fine and take a couple of painkillers and move on. Nowadays I do the same, if a routine causes a strain I move to a new routine, my thumb on my right hand has been broken on the knuckle more than I care to remember and if i was going for a run next week I’d start stretching now.

I’ll still do anything anyone asks me to physically because of the adrenaline vs pain situation but I get really mundane injuries. If I ever met you I’ll make up some bullshit for the scars on my head, why my toe is fucked, why I have a fractured forearm that went undiagnosed and why I seem to be the guy who presses the big button that says do not press.

You're welcome.
Seriously which dinosaur troll are you? I can make a very educated guess because of what you say (nothing) insult people (badly) haven’t been around until a certain someone else got banned and the fact you don’t seem to understand vpns still give up who you are.

Tbh @PUO3 in fairly sure he has given up clues that he is a respawn.

I am a fucking mess. If I could tell me at 15 to take it easy fella, I would be a lot better. I literally can’t stay on my toes. I can’t switch and right foot has to be planted.

When I was young I’d say I was fine and take a couple of painkillers and move on. Nowadays I do the same, if a routine causes a strain I move to a new routine, my thumb on my right hand has been broken on the knuckle more than I care to remember and if i was going for a run next week I’d start stretching now.

I’ll still do anything anyone asks me to physically because of the adrenaline vs pain situation but I get really mundane injuries. If I ever met you I’ll make up some bullshit for the scars on my head, why my toe is fucked, why I have a fractured forearm that went undiagnosed and why I seem to be the guy who presses the big button that says do not press.
well, i'm lucky in comparison to some of the people i know, or some of the guys who've been through my gym. alot of those guys don't live very healthy to begin with and then to grind up their bodies with training on top of whatever partying and liquor and drugs they take in just leaves them all fucked up. chris Leben, a guy who fought out of my old gym although after I quit, he supposedly has a bad heart that sounds like it could leave him dead at any time. and other guys my age need hip replacements. You know, when the economy tanked in 2008 and the only thing i could do was physical work, i thought many times of two things regarding my not getting involved with fighting 1. I thought about all the shitty work i was doing in the mud and dirt and think of how Maurice Smith once called me a "Prima Donna" and I laugh at how much he misunderstood me. 2. How lucky I was never to ruin my body doing the stupid shit they told me to do because I don't know how I would have survived to be honest in that recession. I'm blessed overall, physically, i'm lucky, none of us get through life without some pain, the thing you have to be careful with now is not to get involved with the painkillers sun, those will kill you.

well, i'm lucky in comparison to some of the people i know, or some of the guys who've been through my gym. alot of those guys don't live very healthy to begin with and then to grind up their bodies with training on top of whatever partying and liquor and drugs they take in just leaves them all fucked up. chris Leben, a guy who fought out of my old gym although after I quit, he supposedly has a bad heart that sounds like it could leave him dead at any time. and other guys my age need hip replacements. You know, when the economy tanked in 2008 and the only thing i could do was physical work, i thought many times of two things regarding my not getting involved with fighting 1. I thought about all the shitty work i was doing in the mud and dirt and think of how Maurice Smith once called me a "Prima Donna" and I laugh at how much he misunderstood me. 2. How lucky I was never to ruin my body doing the stupid shit they told me to do because I don't know how I would have survived to be honest in that recession. I'm blessed overall, physically, i'm lucky, none of us get through life without some pain, the thing you have to be careful with now is not to get involved with the painkillers sun, those will kill you.
I don’t often take them and I understand the risks. If I go out and try and get wasted and think painkillers will help me sleep you’ll see me not posting anymore. It’s no joke and I’ve lost friends to it. I can live with pain if it isn’t a tear. If I know it is, and be honest we all do, I give it ice and rest. If it’s random someone checks it out. If it’s a bone I broke years ago I understand as well.

A guy from the nobs days gave me a workout routine which I completed and felt like I was going to have a stroke or at the least pass out. I don’t push myself beyond what I need to anymore. I have an unfortunately dead relative from the navy in WW2, he got torpedoed on his ship during the Malta convey and spent a lovely 22hrs treading water before rescue. He died at 55. Life is precious, not a given.

My uncle taught me how to box but I have weird dimensions. I have short legs for a tall person, a hilariously long neck, little to no chin and my reach is enormous. If someone went bodyshots all day I’m spent. And I’ve also told you I have to plant my right foot. Sorry y’all it’s moz vs TBA now.

I don’t often take them and I understand the risks. If I go out and try and get wasted and think painkillers will help me sleep you’ll see me not posting anymore. It’s no joke and I’ve lost friends to it. I can live with pain if it isn’t a tear. If I know it is, and be honest we all do, I give it ice and rest. If it’s random someone checks it out. If it’s a bone I broke years ago I understand as well.

A guy from the nobs days gave me a workout routine which I completed and felt like I was going to have a stroke or at the least pass out. I don’t push myself beyond what I need to anymore. I have an unfortunately dead relative from the navy in WW2, he got torpedoed on his ship during the Malta convey and spent a lovely 22hrs treading water before rescue. He died at 55. Life is precious, not a given.

My uncle taught me how to box but I have weird dimensions. I have short legs for a tall person, a hilariously long neck, little to no chin and my reach is enormous. If someone went bodyshots all day I’m spent. And I’ve also told you I have to plant my right foot. Sorry y’all it’s moz vs TBA now.
i can see the attraction to the pills, i get migraines so bad i think death would be welcome honestly. I used to take pills for them but after Prince died a couple years ago, I stopped and haven't taken anything for them since but I don't have them all the time. Some people live in pain 24/7 and It's a difficult position to be in. I was just watching Frida Kahlo's story, she was deformed and badly injured, of course she was in pain, got addicted to pills, i think i read she got off them but then she killed herself with them. I knew a navy seal who had horrible wounds, i assume he's dead now because he was a heroin/opioid addict and really didn't have any choices about it. I'm glad I always thought about things before I did them, i've been selfish in some ways and been called a lot of names over the years but I never really liked the idea of letting the world mutilate my body or my soul.

Paulie Malignaggi broke his hands all the time.

i can see the attraction to the pills, i get migraines so bad i think death would be welcome honestly. I used to take pills for them but after Prince died a couple years ago, I stopped and haven't taken anything for them since but I don't have them all the time. Some people live in pain 24/7 and It's a difficult position to be in. I was just watching Frida Kahlo's story, she was deformed and badly injured, of course she was in pain, got addicted to pills, i think i read she got off them but then she killed herself with them. I knew a navy seal who had horrible wounds, i assume he's dead now because he was a heroin/opioid addict and really didn't have any choices about it. I'm glad I always thought about things before I did them, i've been selfish in some ways and been called a lot of names over the years but I never really liked the idea of letting the world mutilate my body or my soul.

I deal with minor pain same way we all do, ignore it. I’ve been offered operations on various past injuries and said no. I can take the piece of bone floating around in your ankle away but one of the risks is sepsis, yeah i think I’ll cope.

Take it as easy as you can brother.

didn't mayweather break his hand against augustus as well? always thought there was something odd about the way that fight finished...
Possibly, but Floyd and Roger always say Augustus was his hardest fight of his career.

@Sunfish and @mozfonky , You guys are pussies!!!

Good thing you never tried to play Football, ya bitches!

MYYc6cM.gif

MYYc6cM.gif
I did. I played tight end. When I was younger I could do that shit, when I can’t lift my right foot and anyone who is watching properly can notice they know I’m not side stepping off my right foot.

MYYc6cM.gif
i'm sure you're right but you know what? I notice that everyone thinks their sport is the toughest, i was watching a lance armstrong docu and they made a pretty strong case for the tour de france, i guess different things are tough in different ways. oddly though, it's almost always boxing that tops the toughest sports list. or at least it's common.

Who am I kidding!

I can only sleep on one side of my of body at this point and if for some reason I wake on on my other shoulder, I spend the next half hour trying to dislodge it from being stuck in its socket and have a splitting nerve headache up the side of my neck, the rest of the day. My knees hurt when it rains and if I sit too long I walk with a limp for an hour cause my hip is killing me. I used to be able to throw spinning crescent kicks over a 6 foot man's head, now I'd be lucky to front kick you in your chest. Getting older after being and athlete sucks.
I can still throw them hands tho.

Who am I kidding!

I can only sleep on one side of my of body at this point and if for some reason I wake on on my other shoulder, I spend the next half hour trying to dislodge it from being stuck in its socket and have a splitting nerve headache up the side of my neck, the rest of the day. My knees hurt when it rains and if I sit too long I walk with a limp for an hour cause my hip is killing me. I used to be able to throw spinning crescent kicks over a 6 foot man's head, now I'd be lucky to front kick you in your chest. Getting older after being and athlete sucks.
I can still throw them hands tho.
how old are you? i haven't lost much flexibility but.., as i said, i limited how much i worked with meatheads when i saw there was a lot of stupid shit going on. sometimes, especially lately, i wake up with a lot of numbness and aches so i can relate. It's nothing severe though thank god, i'm blessed. Most men my age and even younger i can outwork on my labor jobs in general. Very seldom am i in situations where anyone works harder than me.

how old are you? i haven't lost much flexibility but.., as i said, i limited how much i worked with meatheads when i saw there was a lot of stupid shit going on. sometimes, especially lately, i wake up with a lot of numbness and aches so i can relate. It's nothing severe though thank god, i'm blessed. Most men my age and even younger i can outwork on my labor jobs in general. Very seldom am i in situations where anyone works harder than me.
44. In all honestly it's a matter of making an honest effort at stretching more. When I do that my flexibility comes back... a little, haha.
I coached High School football last year, and running around with these Varsity guys I saw I still have some movement and had to stay stretched to not hurt myself..lol. Ended up racing some cats and didn't do too bad (you know stupid shit coaches do to motivate the dudes). Anyways the aches and stuff though, that's the past catching up with the abuse I put myself through as a young man. All the banging, minor injuries that you just ignore and push through. The over-training, lack of taking care of yourself cause you're young 19-32 work hard, then work hard in the gym, kill yourself during games or tournaments, eating whatever and drinking heavy when the day is done type of shit... It all adds up.

Last edited:
Broken hands are no big deal. Danny Williams KOed some guy with a dislocated right arm hanging by his side. Ha !

That's pretty badass.

Jeff Fenech practically his whole career

How could I forget the Marrackville Mauler, was watching some of his old fights on youtube the other night, absolute beast.

As for injuries to myself, being in my late 30s now I did my calf skipping at the gym not so long ago, the "old man" injury, so now I just stick to the bike. Still go all George Foreman on the heavy bag though of course :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back