Boxing Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
quincy k deserves credit for the Jamal James tip, I read what he wrote a page back and looked into it and tailed myself. Beautiful body shot KO, love to see that.

hedging +250 seldin ko and +2500 draw to ulysse +400 decision.

cletus prettty much only has the right hand, his left jab is more of a range-finder, but yves chin is completely untested. was temped to hedge ml at -150 instead as the new yorker could score multiple kds and win a decision but cletus has pretty much finished everyone he has put down and i think if he hurts yves he will get him out of there.

quincy k deserves credit for the Jamal James tip, I read what he wrote a page back and looked into it and tailed myself. Beautiful body shot KO, love to see that.

thanks, jim, but i dont have an ego so no need for the credit. even though james record doesnt suggest he has power he had proven 140 abreu badly hurt twice and shouldve been credited with a kd in what i remember to be the eigth round

hopefully you jumped on the ullysse jr + 400 decision and douglas +350 10 rd dec, both plays in positive cash flow

on Lemieux DEC +500 too just seems off with the fight being in canada.. i really doubt BJS is going to dominate the fight at all

i ended up betting the dec and im hoping to add more if lemuiex starts fast like in his fight with curtis stevens.

the canadian reminds me of a 160 version of tommy morrison albeit with a better chin. taking out his ko loss to bennt, tommy only lost to two top hws and i dont know if bjs is a top caliber mw with his limited power and limited output. if you think about it, bjs has only beaten a green 18-fight eubank who had a very short amatuer career and andy lee, whereas the two kds were the difference in the fight, a fight that both fighterss probably didnt throw more than 400 punches each

Haven't done a b/d here in awhile. On lemi and fight ends itd here. I do not dislike the Lemi Dec line in Canada, tho. I think Lemi is gonna be hell to deal with early in this fight.

Lemi came out guns blazing against Stevens back in March. Threw 117 punches in the first rd and 95 in the 2nd, 60 power shots and 42 respectively, before knocking the fuck out of Curtis against Curtis's best punch, the counter hook in the 3rd.

Lemieux is probably one of, if not the best p4p puncher in the sport rn, and that early work rate from him is fucking insane for a mw, esp a burly one like him. That's extremely dangerous, but it's also a style that he can't keep up for the whole 12rds, it's just not possible for him to keep up for too long. I see this as first half Lemi, 2nd half BJS starts to get his going.

Lemi will have to be gassed af if he keeps this same approach against BJS, I don't see why he wouldn't either, he's not exactly a multidimensional fighter, so I think Lemi either blasts Saunders out of there or he gasses trying to do so and Saunders starts to light him up later in the fight There's also incentive for BJS to try to finish this b/c there could be hometown cooking on the cards considering the fight's on Lemi's turf. So there's that as well.

I got Lemi +114 early last month which I'm more than content with, and I also grabbed fight ends itd +120 the other day as a quasi hedge if Saunders does run a tired Lemi into some hard shots later in the fight. I think Lemi will force Saunders to fight back here and I for all the hate that I do have for BJS, I think his power is a bit underrated.

This isn't Willie Monroe Jr. in the UK, or Andy Lee after a couple kd's, where he can slow the pace and dictate where and when he wants to engage or not. This is a huge puncher with a ton of aggression coming for his soul, he's gonna have to get Lemi's respect and then some if he wants to make it out of there alive.

I think this will be an early ending very likely in favor of Lemi or a longer, drawn out fight with a big drama show at the end of the day. If BJS takes a Dec in Canada then I'll eat my crow as always, willing to take the gamble here. Lemi ml and fight doesn't go distance covers a Lemi dec, wins both if he gets the stoppage, and also covers a BJS stoppage.

I like these plays a lot. I don't think BJS can just stick and move to a Dec, he'll have to fight, and fighting a guy like Lemi makes for fireworks and damage. Both plays at +money, I like my chances at coming out ahead at the end of the night on this one.

GL boys, whether you're on the same shit as me or not.

Plays for tonight....

BIG Play: BJS ML
Medium: Ulysse Jr ML
Small: Douglas vs O'Sullivan Under 8.5

Could end up being a huge night!

Hmmm was just about to take a shot at Lemieux then I saw CR0W's big on the other side :s

Plays for tonight....

BIG Play: BJS ML
Medium: Ulysse Jr ML
Small: Douglas vs O'Sullivan Under 8.5

Could end up being a huge night!
How do you personally see the fight going? Lemieux tiring and Saunders taking over?

How do you personally see the fight going? Lemieux tiring and Saunders taking over?

People putting too much into BJS last 2 fights, he's in great shape now he's had the rounds in and too much is being made of him "slowing" in the later rounds, Lemieux will hardly be a cardio machine in the later rounds and he's slowed down late before too, Reyes landed some clean and solid shots in the 2nd half on their fight.

Overall I see Lemieux in stalking mode, trying to land the big shots but BJS evading the majority and returning a few stinging shots in return and landing the cleaner shots too. You can of course argue the case of Lemiuex catching him clean and putting him out but I personally don't see it playing out like that but wouldn't critisise anyone that does. Just hope if it does play out the way I expect that he doesn't get robbed, always the risk being in Canada but I like the odds for this so happy to take the risk.

People putting too much into BJS last 2 fights, he's in great shape now he's had the rounds in and too much is being made of him "slowing" in the later rounds, Lemieux will hardly be a cardio machine in the later rounds and he's slowed down late before too, Reyes landed some clean and solid shots in the 2nd half on their fight.

Overall I see Lemieux in stalking mode, trying to land the big shots but BJS evading the majority and returning a few stinging shots in return and landing the cleaner shots too. You can of course argue the case of Lemiuex catching him clean and putting him out but I personally don't see it playing out like that but wouldn't critisise anyone that does. Just hope if it does play out the way I expect that he doesn't get robbed, always the risk being in Canada but I like the odds for this so happy to take the risk.
Thanks mate, I got Lemieux decision at 6/1 now 4/1 just incase. I think Saunders went off the rails cause fame got to him maybe, got a bit fat so last few performances ya can’t focus on too much. Looks more focused than ever. Small on Saunders round 10-12 also at 28/1! Just incase the unthinkable happens

Thanks mate, I got Lemieux decision at 6/1 now 4/1 just incase. I think Saunders went off the rails cause fame got to him maybe, got a bit fat so last few performances ya can’t focus on too much. Looks more focused than ever. Small on Saunders round 10-12 also at 28/1! Just incase the unthinkable happens
I actually wouldn't be shocked to see that BJS 10-12 hit. I think if it hits that part of the fight then BJS might be having to fight to get a stoppage or Lemi is just so out of it from blowing his wad, Saunders puts a bit of steam on him late and stops him. Reason I didn't take the under instead of fight ends itd, actually. Might play that just for fun too.

I actually wouldn't be shocked to see that BJS 10-12 hit. I think if it hits that part of the fight then BJS might be having to fight to get a stoppage or Lemi is just so out of it from blowing his wad, Saunders puts a bit of steam on him late and stops him. Reason I didn't take the under instead of fight ends itd, actually. Might play that just for fun too.
That would really make my weekend aha hate the guy but 28/1 is insane so stuck some on. I know Saunders doesn’t carry KO power but like some pointing out, if Lemieux gasses it wouldn’t take much.

lemuix claimed to have hurt his left hand early in the reyes fight. iirc, he said this in the post fight interview inside the ring while holding his son. its also the reason he could not make this fight in september and bjs alluded to lemuiexs injuries as well.

lemuiex never gave excuses in his ko loss to both golvkin and rubio so i think his left hand injury was legit, unlike rigos which was not legit

David Lemieux (+105) vs Billy Joe Saunders ~$513.00 for ~$538.65
David Lemieux wins by decisions (+400) $50.00 for $200.00
David Lemieux/Billy Joe Saunders Draw (+2500) ~$38.00 for ~$950.00

Yves Ulysse Jr. (+197) vs Cletus Seldin~$190.00 for ~$374.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back