LB:

0.25u Meinke @ 8.60
1u Langford dec @1.90

2u Liebenberg @5.00
6u Lowe dec
5u Walsh dec

1.5u Draw Lowe - Walsh @ 13.00
Lost about 1u on Eubanks - Groves

Yeah. About 5u up, but feels like shit with that Liebenberg robbery. Also wish I went bigger on Meinke, only watched from 5th round onwards, she got a KD and was a pure scrap, had no idea what happened during the first rounds for her to be such an underdog. Germans gave her a wide decision, hehe. Could have been 15u up. Well, win some, win less others lol.

0.5u Ronnie Clark +1000 vs Zelfa Barrett.

Two bums, I'll take the bum that is +1000. Also, he was in prison for a few months for terrorizing his girlfriend which always sounds good.

Last edited:
0.5u Ronnie Clark +1000 vs Zelfa Barrett.

Two bums, I'll take the bum that is +1000. Also, he was in prison for a few months for terrorizing his girlfriend which always sounds good.

Ronnie on his day can cause most domestic level guys problems. Ward had a difficult time with him, but not sure we'll see the best version of him here.

Also, Zelfa Barrett is no bum, not sure where that's come from? He's very highly thought of by a lot of respected figures here who think he could be a future world title holder. Remains to be seen how far he can go but I certainly wouldn't say he's a bum.

Can't help but feel Braehmer DEC @ 12.00 is far bigger that it should be for this fight with Smith, especially with it being in Germany.

Don't get me wrong, the most likely scenario is the younger, fresher Smith most likely breaks down the older Braehmer as the fight goes with his thudding bodywork, possible a late stoppage.

But Braehmer looked good against Brant albeit Brant wasn't that experienced and was undersized. His only loss in the last 10 years is to Cleverly but that was due to an injury and him retiring on the stool. If this weight cut goes well and he's injury free he has a good chance of an upset in Germany.

I'm a fan of Smith, been watching him progress over the years, love his body work but he does still have some holes in his game; he's a typical Gallagher trained fighter, forward in straight lines, high guard, little head movement, try and tire the opponent with pressure. Skoglund was game and gave Smith a good fight but in the end was just a level below Smith, but for me it seems Smith only really has one game plan, or lacks the ability to switch it up when he needs, not to knock him because he's a fantastic boxer, just what I take away from watching him.

He's not faced anyone as slick as Braehmer, or a top level Southpaw in his career. Braehmer has clever footwork, loves to fight at range with his sharp straight punches and will make Smith work to close the distance and land his hooks and body shots. Smith has the height and reach advantage but he doesn't fight at range and utilise it in straight punches so that advantage is almost negated in this fight. Smith has has trouble with lesser opponents than Braehmer and Braehmer has schooled harder hitters so the ML and DEC are both well off for me so I'll be playing both. As I mentioned it could be that Smith is just too fresh for Braehmer at this point but at these odds I'll happily play Braehmer.

Last edited:
Great breakdown CR0W I feel much the same way about that fight.

Not as high on Smith though, I don’t think any of them are as good as the hype.

Great breakdown CR0W I feel much the same way about that fight.

Not as high on Smith though, I don’t think any of them are as good as the hype.

Agree there, I like his bodywork and think he's a solid boxer but limited somewhat in what he can do, against a stationary guy he can look fantastic but against someone who moves a lot and isn't there for the uppercuts and body shots he can look limited and unimpressive.

Some UK fans do think he has world title potential and I don't agree with that.

The draw at +3300 also worth covering in the Smith-Braehmer fight.

I think Smith does have world title potential in as much as the two likely guys he'd fight for a title are Groves and DeGale who are both guys with proven weaknesses.

I think Eubank got knocked down at least three times in this fight if we count his glove touching the canvas slightly or not.

absolutely horrible that a fight of this magnitude and the ref with an unobstructed view not calling that a kd.

possibly three-point swing

Last edited:

absolutely horrible that a fight of this magnitude and the ref with an unobstructed view not calling that a kd.

possibly three-point swing

Only thing worse than the potential no-call of that knockdown is that .gif which ends too soon to show the glove touching or not, lol!

Jurgen Braehmer expected out of the fight this weekend due to sickness, replacement to be announced in the next couple of hours...

Jurgen Braehmer expected out of the fight this weekend due to sickness, replacement to be announced in the next couple of hours...

Just read that, gutted! Nieky Holzken rumoured, would love to see him step in purely from being a big fan of him in Kickboxing.

Nieky Holzken confirmed!

Smith will be a massive favourite but could make for a fun fight with some wild exchanges in close.

Over 5.5 @ 2.00
To go to distance @ 6.00

Hmm..what do you think, @CR0W ? Holzken is pretty tough and he should try to take advantage of this chance. Anyone got any info related to his training, etc? The short notice will surely affect him, the only question is how much.

Over 5.5 @ 2.00
To go to distance @ 6.00

Hmm..what do you think, @CR0W ? Holzken is pretty tough and he should try to take advantage of this chance. Anyone got any info related to his training, etc? The short notice will surely affect him, the only question is how much.

I quite like the over.

He fought recently albeit it was a small show in a gym. He boxes like he fights in kickboxing, forward pressure, high guard, similar to Smith himself.

The only question is with that high guard he's open to the body work of Smith which could be his undoing. He's tough as hell and will want to give a good account of himself and I think Smith will slowly aim to break him down and not take any big risks. Smith is of course levels and levels above though.

Over 5.5 @ 2.00
To go to distance @ 6.00

I think he was supposed to face Dimitry Chudinov on the undercard so he already was in training camp.

Nice. Will hit the over.
I think it will be tricky for Smith as well to have a new opponent and he might spend a few rounds trying to figure him out. He does not have to risk anything..

Don’t hold your breathe for Dubois under odds, Betfair have round group betting up and 1-2 is priced at 1/8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back