Boxing Discussion VIII

Thank god!

Massively wide cards, far too wide! Moderate loss for me.... which sucks but hey, sometimes you have to cover your ass.

wow way to wide imo but the right winner at least

wow way to wide imo but the right winner at least

Yeah, that's madness... on all 3 cards too.

Never know unfortunately, sometimes you think a guy will get the hometown decision and the judges give the away fighter a fair shake.... other times you get that kind of thing. Britain in general are up there in terms of home cooking but not as bad as it used to be. Germany gets a bad reputation for it but you can actually get a fair shake in general these days there; from what I've seen in recent years Australia is very bad for wide hometown decisions.

Anyone like anything for the rest of the night?

Not really many markets at all, going to take a stab on the Under 8.5 rounds in the Berchelt vs Barros bout, that's all for me, intrigued to see Steven Butler up at 160 but Carson Jones is durable and has forward pressure so not touching that one.

Thank fuck had 3.5k on taylor doubled him with shane young. During r7 thought i was toast. Lb taylor dec too

Anyone like anything for the rest of the night?

Not really many markets at all, going to take a stab on the Under 8.5 rounds in the Berchelt vs Barros bout, that's all for me, intrigued to see Steven Butler up at 160 but Carson Jones is durable and has forward pressure so not touching that one.

Berchelt wins in round 3, nice way to top off the night.

you guys have anything on the carroll vs geraghty fight?

did not watch tape yet but apparently geragthy was up on the scorecards before getting dq'ed when they fought about 4 years ago.. both of them recently fought quigley and carroll only got a split decision despite having two kd's and fighting in his backyard while geraghty won by 3 rounds in quigleys backyard

what happend with pytytrys and CROW? thread completely dead this week :cool:

I'm on Catteral ML, Tyrone Mckenna looks awful. Bad fundamental and can't control range very well. Might be a stoppage. Also expect Sauced to stop Zappa, no bet yet though.

Last edited:
I'm on Catteral ML, Tyrone Mckenna looks awful. Bad fundamental and can't control range very well. Might be a stoppage. Also expect Sauced to stop Zappa, no bet yet though.

Not a bad shout the catteral ko. But catteral looks great close but vs rangy guys he is cumbersome at closing distance and mckenna is a tall fighter

Not a bad shout the catteral ko. But catteral looks great close but vs rangy guys he is cumbersome at closing distance and mckenna is a tall fighter

Hopefully it won't be a problem against this opponent. McKenna is tall but has shaky mechanics & doesn't control the range very well. He got hit plenty against Garrido & that guy has 16 losses. Ohara Davies also predicted Catteral to stop McKenna inside of 5 rounds. I threw him into an open parlay.

Hopefully it won't be a problem against this opponent. McKenna is tall but has shaky mechanics & doesn't control the range very well. He got hit plenty against Garrido & that guy has 16 losses. Ohara Davies also predicted Catteral to stop McKenna inside of 5 rounds. I threw him into an open parlay.

Yea but garrido will leap in with hooks. Hes a chin down gloves up, march forward type of fighter. Catteral isnt. Catteral is content with a slow pace whereas garrido always pushes it.

Watched footage of roamer angulo. Very good fighter. But the one split decision in 2012 vs guy with a bad record is a bit worrying. But that was while ago and footage of him shows very good power, timing, tactical awareness and seems to have fast hands but this is versus limited opposition so its hard to tell and inplay is available

Jono Carroll should beat geraghty. DG is a fancy Dan backfoot counter puncher but Carroll has the footwork and hand speed to catch him and throws combos. He is definitely the tougher of the two. DG been stopped before and was hurt in their fight. Also hurt badly by Osejo in rounds 1 and 2. Does the wrong things when hurt and temperament seems pretty immature overall. 3u Carroll win. 1 u Carroll KO/TKO

Jack Catterall is different level to McKenna who is sloppy, punches with terrible technique, fights with zero gameplan. Catterall decided to take this on short notice. They have sparred before and he got the better of it. He is much smoother all round. Only a 10 rounder but the gulf in class warrants 2u Catterall ITD.

Johnny Coyle at dog money vs Benson is a mandatory bet. Take a look at Benson on YouTube. Very amateurish. Coyle has pedigree. Beat paddy Gallagher and eggington as a pro,albeit in prizefighter. He's a better fighter from range and much better overall technique. Should win this going away.

Jono Carroll should beat geraghty. DG is a fancy Dan backfoot counter puncher but Carroll has the footwork and hand speed to catch him and throws combos. He is definitely the tougher of the two. DG been stopped before and was hurt in their fight. Also hurt badly by Osejo in rounds 1 and 2. Does the wrong things when hurt and temperament seems pretty immature overall. 3u Carroll win. 1 u Carroll KO/TKO

Jack Catterall is different level to McKenna who is sloppy, punches with terrible technique, fights with zero gameplan. Catterall decided to take this on short notice. They have sparred before and he got the better of it. He is much smoother all round. Only a 10 rounder but the gulf in class warrants 2u Catterall ITD.

Johnny Coyle at dog money vs Benson is a mandatory bet. Take a look at Benson on YouTube. Very amateurish. Coyle has pedigree. Beat paddy Gallagher and eggington as a pro,albeit in prizefighter. He's a better fighter from range and much better overall technique. Should win this going away.
I also think Carroll will beat Geraghty here, 2,5u on his ML @2,2 and 0,5u Carroll ITD @6,5

Don't have time to look deeper into the Catterall - McKenna fight, maybe I'll tail you on Catterall ITD

Lost a lot last week due to holiday and not being able to LB. Time to get it back.

2u Geraghty dec @ 2.30

0.72u Caterall-McKenna goes to dist @1.83
1.666u Caterall dec @ 2.20

2u Coyle @ 2.275

1u Conlan-Dos santos goes to dist @ 3.50

1.2u Zappavigna three way@ 5.45

1.4u Angulo-Ramirez goes to dist @ 1.75
0.3u Angulo three way @ 17.5

0.3u Coyle DNB, McCullagh, Geraghty dec, Caterall dec, Conlan dec, Ramirez dec, Zappavigna to return 211u, cash back if one loses.

Coyle fighting like a dumbass :( he looks like the better boxer but he just walking into punches non-stop becourse he is chasing him

Back