Boxing Discussion VIII

It was crazy how the line on Lejarraga and Lejarraga ITD dropped!

Miller should win, Rios and Arais could lose...

Is Lebedev injured? He went from -6000 to -1500. Mike Wilson has decent boxing skills but does not seem to be a very big puncher. I really don't see him winning a decision in Monte Carlo.

Last edited:
“Despite all his experience, Lebedev admits to having some trepidation about returning to boxing.

“I feel a little bit nervous because of the audience, it’s been a while since I performed in front of a big audience in a big arena,” he said. “Once I step into the ring it goes away, I feel stronger and I’m ready to move forward.”

That don’t sound great.

Last edited:
Gonzalez is a live dog against Yafai in the 6th, his decision line has gone from 18/1 to 8/1. Level or up on the cards.

Lebedev's eye swells shut something horrible in many of his fights- taking a chance on the upset:

Mike Wilson (+950) vs Denis Lebedev $125.00 for $1,187.50

Lost on Gonzalez/Draw in Play, the scores were a joke! Also missed Hunter 10-12 by about a Minute...
I expected Pascal Bivol to go over 5,5, but I also expected Bivol to get a stoppage....

What are your thoughts on Wilder Fury?!

I’m in the comfortable position of having Wilder (at very generous odds) as the last leg in quite a few parlays…

The thing is, I’m not sure whether he will get it done. He’s just so dumb!!! He gets away with all his errors, because of his power and takes that as validation that his style works...

Which it does obviously (to a certain extent), but King Kong looked like 50 and Fury is on another level to the rest of Wilder’s opposition.

The thing with Fury is I’m pretty sure we will never see prime Fury again…

I hedged my Wilder bet (with a guerenteed profit either way), but I’m still on him to win...

Could even see a draw…

The Hearns are scummers though and the bookies knew it, Gonzales’ decision line was steadily going up after dropping half way through the fight.

Think if Fury wasn’t English, these odds would be more realistic. The people backing him are the same who backed Bellew. And when Joshua comes unstuck, those odds are gonna be generous.

I have had this Wilder play circled for a long time. I am just waiting to see if I can get better odds. I believe late money will come in on Fury.

Wilder will beat Fury easily. Fury is living off that Wlad performance where Wlad was completely lost fighting the larger man. Wilder doesnt necessarily solely rely on his length and outside boxing the way Wlad did. He will attack Fury and not let him just stay at his range and outbox him.

Wilder getting knocked down by 40-year old Ortiz is not giving me a lot of confidence in him. I think we can get Fury at arround +150 which sounds good to me. He cam win this with a lot of moving and taging Wilder from distance + he has never been knocked down.

EDIT: Fury is already +150, so maybe in the time of the fight we can bet him at even better odds.

Wilder getting knocked down by 40-year old Ortiz is not giving me a lot of confidence in him. I think we can get Fury at arround +150 which sounds good to me. He cam win this with a lot of moving and taging Wilder from distance + he has never been knocked down.

EDIT: Fury is already +150, so maybe in the time of the fight we can bet him at even better odds.

Fury's been down and hurt a few times

Ortiz hurting Wilder gives me more caution for a matchup with Joshua not Fury. Fury doesnt have anything for Wilder. I'm telling you. This is the easiest big fght for Wilder out there.

Is Wilder decision really as out of the question as many believe? Everyone just says it's either Wilder KO or Fury decision but Wilder was ahead on the cards v Ortiz when it ended. The fight is in the US and Wilder will be the one coming forward/being the aggressor which some judges like.

Fury has been dropped before but is durable and can make it 12. The total is set at 9.5 rounds so books expecting it to go fairly late anyway.

I actually think Fury's best strategy would be to fight on the inside. Wilder can't fight on the inside and Fury is bigger and stronger in the clinch. Fury could jab his way inside and rough Wilder up.

If Fury tries to fiddle around at range like he did against Klitschko I think he gets caught and stopped. The closer Fury gets the more he denies Wilder space for those power shots.

Not saying Fury will fight like that but he is capable of it.

-111 Fury to be knocked down is a good line if you like Wilder in the fight. Hard to see Wilder winning without scoring a knockdown. Can't see Fury's corner pulling him out without being knocked down.

Plus you get the chance Fury gets knocked down and still wins which he has done twice before, and which Ortiz had a decent opportunity to do in March.

Last edited:
Back