Boxing Discussion VIII

Round 1 - A boxing lesson by Adamek, if he can keep this up for another 3 or 4 I think he's relatively safe, maybe even a mid-late stoppage.

Yeah, going against the grain here, may end up regretting it big time but I'm backing Broner.

I had over 4k in total on Garcia against Broner, just a horrible matchup for him. I'm not purely banking on Broner being motivated because that's silly, we just don't know what we're getting with him at this point. But Vargas doesn't necessarily possess all the traits to out hustle Broner like I've read all over the place. Sure on paper you could look at it and say "all he needs to do is a push a pace, Broner hates having to work the whole round, he'll win most rounds and take a clear decision." Although that is totally something that could happen if we get the Broner that fought Garcia. Vargas' best punch for me is his straight which Broner should be able to cope with, he (Broner) completely has the tools to win here and now he's dog I'll be playing him for sure.

Like I say, could end up regretting it; I've gone against Broner recently but I think most are fading Broner here rather than looking at Vargas game and 'backing him'.
thank you for the write-up. im passing, then. good luck w your plays :)

Alright good start overs with the under and over for Khan and Tete respectively. Vintage Narvaez, playing out almost identically to the Donaire fight years ago. Was hoping he'd fight like a pussy.

Expecting Adamek to get the job done in Poland but wouldn't be touching him at all at his price so stayed well clear, far too many questions at that price although in theory his footwork although it has slowed down along with his clever jab and cross should be enough to get it done.

However, the size of the evidently roided Abell along with the questions around an aging Adamek's chin of course present a clear danger. Adamek got caught often early in his last fight, he'll need to be a lot sharper at the start of this fight.

Yeah I'm on the un9.5 for this fight. Not betting a side here, either. Abell could get a ko against an old and less durable Adamek or he'll run himself into some punches against the old Pole and get himself ko'd. That's usually Abell's m.o. so I took a shot for a unit a -115.

glad to win the bet. but man that was possibly the most boring fight i have ever seen =/ hopefully nobody will ever book Navaez for another fight again

On paper it looks like Frampton DEC is the play, not a big fan of the odds though and after seeing Donaire on the scales I'm taking the risk on Frampton TKO @ 3.50, a layoff for Donaire, looked every part of 35 on the scale, I could be reading into it too much but hey ho, we'll see.

glad to win the bet. but man that was possibly the most boring fight i have ever seen =/ hopefully nobody will ever book Navaez for another fight again
He's the worst. Whenever he steps his comp up he just covers up and tries to avoid an ass whooping b/c he's got no confidence against the elite. Goes to show how much of a savage Inoue is to be able to stop a guy who's main goal is not to get stopped. I love Inoue.

Both Adamek and Abell looking slow in round 3, close round...

hate being on the other side of Crow =/ but took some Frampton DEC 1.76 on betfair (before commision)

Have some on Wallin too, if that lands it'll be a solid nights work so far, most of that thanks to Khan.

hate being on the other side of Crow =/ but took some Frampton DEC 1.76 on betfair (before commision)

DEC is the most likely outcome to be fair, I'm just looking for a little more value in this fight.

Abell looking very very slow now, Adamek technically lightyears ahead and it's showing.

Most likely 4-0 up.

Abell bloody and battered at the end of round 5, round 6 finish for Adamek looks very likely!

Abell down again from a body shot but gets back up just before 10..... end looks like it will be coming soon.

Significant swelling on Donaire's left eye already, TKO looking a little more likely than before.

Wallin wins as 1.90 dog, good night so far.

Probably take Bet365 4 or 5 years to settle it as usual with these non televised bouts.

More dominant than I thought, didn't need to chase the finish, especially after being caught with the uppercuts, congrats DEC backers.

Back