Boxing set ups and tactics

Ilk

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So I have a procrastinating day at work and my boss is not around so I have been watching some boxing.

I would like to share few set ups from today and see if there are more.

Jab body to left hook - few jabs to the body and keeping a lower stance. Then start as a body jab and launch the left hook. After landing a couple of body jabs, they should lower their guard to block it, and with a good fake body jab, to left hook up you can land a nice powerful lead left hook, that can even explode to right hand.

Jab head, right cross or hook to the body into a 1-2 head. Same exercise as above after a successful jab head, cross or hooh to the body, their hands a prone to be lowered to land a good 1-2 or jab - right hook.

Jab head - counter a jab with slip right to head. Probing a jab and if the oponent responds with a jab once try to trow another probe jab and slip right their counter jab and land a cross.

Any other simple tactics you want to share?

So I have a procrastinating day at work and my boss is not around so I have been watching some boxing
Story of our lives...

I like setups in setting patterns, its basic but I like them and have had success with them. But my exp is purely from MT and MMA so maybe against purr boxers they'd see it from a mile away and it won't work, who knows. Anyways :

1,1,2. Repeat ocassionally, then when its sold the 2 becomes a short hook followed with a 2.

I like playing a bs game of my usual walk down tactic, then when they get excited I step back and counter with a 2 when thry jolt in. With the posture and stance its a power strike even though I'm backstepping

I like to play possum- let them walk me back to the ropes with their jab and then slip and pivot the right hand and throw a counter left. (Southpaw) I need to work on being busier after I counter though. I’m usually just so god damn pleased with myself that I let them off the hook.

Attachments

• E94499DD-B9FC-4357-AE5E-7B3D96F0951A.gif
    E94499DD-B9FC-4357-AE5E-7B3D96F0951A.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
How to hell do gou post gifs from giphy? Anyways I’m the tattooed white kid in that clip

I like to play possum- let them walk me back to the ropes with their jab and then slip and pivot the right hand and throw a counter left. (Southpaw) I need to work on being busier after I counter though. I’m usually just so god damn pleased with myself that I let them off the hook.
Pun intended??

How to hell do gou post gifs from giphy? Anyways I’m the tattooed white kid in that clip
c6d7UyU.png

Result
giphy.gif

e94499dd-b9fc-4357-ae5e-7b3d96f0951a-gif.402807

You like to get run over by a car and eaten by a hillbilly?

I like that. The only problem I have is if the cross is bullshit and I eat afterwards a nasty body hook or uppercut as I am way slower and unexperienced.

Back