Boxing shoes sizing.

karatefoo

they trained me wrong, as a joke!
@Blue
Reaction score
I wear a women's 7, and when I wear men's shoes that is equivalent to a 5.5 . However, I've noticed boxing shoes seem to come in whole sizes. Would I be better off getting a men's 5 or men's 6 in boxing shoes? Which brands run big and which run small?

I destroyed my shoes training boxing because I move a lot back and my leg stay on ground just like Thompson in MMA so now I more like Tyson style plus Lomachenko still with little bit MMA pushing back with left leg after combination and little bit Floyd jr. defense style

I wear a women's 7, and when I wear men's shoes that is equivalent to a 5.5 . However, I've noticed boxing shoes seem to come in whole sizes. Would I be better off getting a men's 5 or men's 6 in boxing shoes? Which brands run big and which run small?

its probably not what you want to hear, but the best thing would be to try them on prior to buying. if thats not possible, order from someone that will exchange for a different size if need be. You want your boxing shoes snug so you dont trip over your feet if they are a little too big. I train muay thai and cross train boxing, so im used to being barefoot all the time and dont like wearing shoes. When I finally got some boxing shoes, the ones that "felt" good on my feet with ample toe room, were too big and clumsy feeling while training. So I had to get a smaller size. Training in the new shoes felt great.

its probably not what you want to hear, but the best thing would be to try them on prior to buying. if thats not possible, order from someone that will exchange for a different size if need be. You want your boxing shoes snug so you dont trip over your feet if they are a little too big. I train muay thai and cross train boxing, so im used to being barefoot all the time and dont like wearing shoes. When I finally got some boxing shoes, the ones that "felt" good on my feet with ample toe room, were too big and clumsy feeling while training. So I had to get a smaller size. Training in the new shoes felt great.
Yeah, I cross train in MT, BJJ, MMA so I'm usually barefoot as well. Seems kind of cumbersome to go somewhere to try them on because all I have in my area for sports items is Dick's Sporting Goods. I might be better off finding an online store with a good return policy.

Yeah, I cross train in MT, BJJ, MMA so I'm usually barefoot as well. Seems kind of cumbersome to go somewhere to try them on because all I have in my area for sports items is Dick's Sporting Goods. I might be better off finding an online store with a good return policy.

yeah i actually got mine from dicks or maybe it was big 5 or whatever. anyways, you can use wrestling shoes for boxing. They seem to make some wrestling shoes with thicker soles, maybe designed more for boxing or as a hybrid shoe. I got these nikes, they were labled wrestling shoes at the store, but when i google them, they come up as nike lo pro boxing shoes.

656ce690034f4cc845ee0fd81f2a6e0d.jpg

Go with the 5. They will stretch. Boxing shoes should be snug. That's kind of the whole point. Giving you the right amount of tightness and stiffness in the ankles and feet to let you pop and glide.

Last edited:
You can absolutely use wrestling shoes. However you need to also think about the surface you train on. If its dollamur or vinyl wrestling mats, then the wrestling shoe might be a little too much grip on the surface to let your foot pivot and slide for boxing.

Stiffer boxing ring canvas is better with the wrestling shoe.

If its the wrestling mats, then I really feel the boxing shoes are the way to go because of the "give" in the padded mats feeling like you're in sand already. Need a little more "slide" in your shoe. Hope that helps

I destroyed my shoes training boxing because I move a lot back and my leg stay on ground just like Thompson in MMA so now I more like Tyson style plus Lomachenko still with little bit MMA pushing back with left leg after combination and little bit Floyd jr. defense style

What the heck are you on about

What the heck are you on about
Training. Monday Wednesday Friday. 3 years. 2 month past shoes destroyed. Because a lot of movement. Yeah buddy

Training. Monday Wednesday Friday. 3 years. 2 month past shoes destroyed. Because a lot of movement. Yeah buddy

What the fuck does that have to do with sizing?

Well it interesting to know because people will buy better shoes

Really all it did was showcase your "style" by throwing a bunch of fighters names and saying you wore out some shoes... Didn't really offer anything interesting.

KTJ.gif

Really all it did was showcase your "style" by throwing a bunch of fighters names and saying you wore out some shoes... Didn't really offer anything interesting.
It is interesting because if you just standing and hitting bag you will never destroy shoes and me moving a lot destroyed them and now I am being careful to not left foot on floor to much because I hate when I see destroyed shoes one day and must go to training. Just want to say to people to be careful

It is interesting because if you just standing and hitting bag you will never destroy shoes and me moving a lot destroyed them and now I am being careful to not left foot on floor to much because I hate when I see destroyed shoes one day and must go to training. Just want to say to people to be careful

Tell us more

Tell us more
There was time I wish there was iron or other stuff on shoes just to let me move my foot like I want when I am moving back after combination. It was big problem. You are sarcastic but I don't care

You didn't mention the brand, you didn't mention the size. You didn't mention anything helpful or interesting.

I wear my shoes out by wearing them. What a surprise.

<Huh2>

You didn't mention the brand, you didn't mention the size. You didn't mention anything helpful or interesting.

I wear my shoes out by wearing them. What a surprise.

I was about to make all these points and then I scrolled down... I'm glad you saved me the time and effort.

It's just beyond belief. Can you imagine actually having that guy's thought and then deciding to post it on a public forum?

Back