Boxing will see a great resurgence in 2018, courtesy of an amateur fighter...

Conor's fans won't transfer to boxing...

Conor's fans won't transfer to boxing...
And boxing doesn't need them. i don't see top rank, Haymon, Hearn, golden boy, k2, tmt or any of the big promoters crying if a bunch of casual mma fans don't tune in to watch boxing.

Plus other fighters realizing it's time to fight for money and legacy instead of just to protect a record. Giving credit for ANY of that to Connor is beyond fucking stupid.

Au contraire, it seems like Conor and MMA as a whole are at least partly responsible for this paradigm shift in the boxing world. At the end of the day, MMA and boxing are competitors that target the same demographics, and boxing is becoming more exciting because of that competition.

Boxing was boring as fuck when it didn't have any competition and was the only legitimate PPV combat sport.

Au contraire, it seems like Conor and MMA as a whole are at least partly responsible for this paradigm shift in the boxing world. At the end of the day, MMA and boxing are competitors that target the same demographics, and boxing is becoming more exciting because of that competition.

Boxing was boring as fuck when it didn't have any competition and was the only legitimate PPV combat sport.

Fuck no.

That is like saying the Olympics and the Special Olympics target the same audience and make each other more entertaining. It doesn't work that way. They are both fun and significant in their own right but the differences are very significant. What happens when these two entirely separate sports collide next weekend with Floyd and Connor will be pretty similar to what would happen if a gold medal Olympic champion faced a gold medal Special Olympic champion. Hilarity shall ensue, not competition.

The resurgence to some degree will be mma crossover fights like Aldo, nate, Kevin lee, etc... and boxers coming to the octagon.

It's the HW division that needs to pick it up a notch and get some characters in there.

Let's put the unretired Klitschko to fight Joshua... and win.
Both Klitschkos are retired...

How convenient, especially after both Rogan and White have always talked shit about boxing, even going far as saying the sport sucks and MMA is going to take over

I sometimes pity the rich on how theyre truly not happy and miserable but I think id sing different tune if I had a couple million
White owned a boxing gym before he bought the ufc and Rogan is a self proclaimed boxing fan.

White owned a boxing gym before he bought the ufc and Rogan is a self proclaimed boxing fan.
Just because rogan usually puts a caveat of "I'm a huge boxing fan" before completely trashing boxing in interviews doesn't make it true. It's like saying I'm not racist, I've got a friend from India.

He has repeatedly said mma is the science of fighting whereas boxing is the science of punching, and if questioned says mma is swallowing boxing and ignores people who explain the scoring criteria accurately.

He is not a boxing fan.

He has repeatedly said mma is the science of fighting whereas boxing is the science of punching
This is true though. There's a good reason Conor will lose 90% of his purse if he kicks Floyd.

This is true though. There's a good reason Conor will lose 90% of his purse if he kicks Floyd.
It isn't under mma rules, it's boxing rules. I guess he probably doesn't get paid if he hits him with a mace either?

It isn't under mma rules, it's boxing rules. I guess he probably doesn't get paid if he hits him with a mace either?
Yes, because mma rules are for fighting. Boxing rules are for punching.

It doesn't mean that mma fans don't like or respect boxing. You can't make that claim just because I or other fans point out that punching is only one aspect of actual fighting.

Yes, because mma rules are for fighting. Boxing rules are for punching.

It doesn't mean that mma fans don't like or respect boxing. You can't make that claim just because I or other fans point out that punching is only one aspect of actual fighting.
You realise the scoring criteria isn't punch more = win?

You can't claim mma rules is actual fighting either. But you know that, just choose to ignore it because you seem to be someone who can't appreciate several forms of combat sports for what they are.

You realise the scoring criteria isn't punch more = win?

You can't claim mma rules is actual fighting either. But you know that, just choose to ignore it because you seem to be someone who can't appreciate several forms of combat sports for what they are.
Haha, you are so defensive over any perceived disrespect to boxing. I like boxing but it's punching while mma is much closer to real fighting.

Haha, you are so defensive over any perceived disrespect to boxing. I like boxing but it's punching while mma is much closer to real fighting.
If you see boxing as punching and mma as fighting I can't change your mind but it doesn't mean anyone should listen to your opinion.

I've said at every opportunity I like combat sports, it's weird that people call mma striking boxing, and say it's close to real fighting when it has a set space to take place in, set rules for equipment, a referee and set time periods per round with a scoring system.

Sloppy punching = actual fighting. Which does make sense, as much of the actual fighting is performed drunken.

If you see boxing as punching and mma as fighting I can't change your mind but it doesn't mean anyone should listen to your opinion.

I've said at every opportunity I like combat sports, it's weird that people call mma striking boxing, and say it's close to real fighting when it has a set space to take place in, set rules for equipment, a referee and set time periods per round with a scoring system.
So what? If you took away everything you just mentioned and had guys fighting one on one bare handed the best mma fighters in the world would come out on top 9 times out of 10. Why are you threatened by this?

So what? If you took away everything you just mentioned and had guys fighting one on one bare handed the best mma fighters in the world would come out on top 9 times out of 10. Why are you threatened by this?
I'm not threatened by it, you seem incapable of listening when I'm saying being a multi faceted fighter will be an advantage. I also think you underestimate the use of boxing as a martial art.

How often have you seen a fight out of nowhere end up as 1 on 1 bare knuckle combat with no dirty fouls allowed? I can't remember that ever happening.

Back