Brabo Choke

goatfury

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://howtheyplay.com/individual-sports/Brabo-Choke

The gi brabo choke has a number of different varieties, but they tend to have one thing in common: they all sort of suck for the person having them done to them. Here, we'll look at a sequence that will help you set up your brabo choke series, with the fundamentally important concept of continuing to look for a better position simultaneously while looking for the submission. This cornerstone of advanced jiu jitsu is nowhere more obvious or ripe for the taking, and we'll explore this via the knee cut guard pass coupled with the brabo choke series.

Thanks for this. I need to work on the x choke option you talk about. I love the no gi brabo and the 'brabo of brabos' in the gi as you call it. But the x choke threat isn't strong enough for me to get them to defend so I can pull their arm across. I'll work on the x choke tip you showed.

Gui Mendes was all about that baseball grip. As soon as he got that lapel it was donezo. He'd just be killing poor bastards left and right with that bat choke knee slide combo attack. Just driving a road grader over them until they just give up on life.

That was pretty much his A+ go to from day one to the day he retired, and it was never not on point.

Gui Mendes was all about that baseball grip. As soon as he got that lapel it was donezo. He'd just be killing poor bastards left and right with that bat choke knee slide combo attack. Just driving a road grader over them until they just give up on life.

That was pretty much his A+ go to from day one to the day he retired, and it was never not on point.

hell yeah

Last edited:
Back