***Brad "One Punch" Pickett SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about this McGregor-Mayweather nonsense?

Hey Brad. Rampage said recently that he regrets choosing MMA as a career. Now that you had your last MMA fight and retired, do you share Quinton Jackson's sentiment ?
not at all, i've made decent cash doing a job I love....i just wish i was 21 so I could do it all over again

and my knock out of Yves Jabouin

that was fucking beautiful

ONE PUNCH indeed!

tumblr_mb5adnB30j1rrwwgco1_500.gif

(Disclaimer this gif was found on google images and is in no way hosted by sherdog forums)

Have you ever had animosity or really disliked an opponent? I remember you & Ian having some beef in the lead up to your fight but he said it was just playful banter between you guys.

Hope you are doing well, Brad.

Went to see you at the 02. It was a great experience to see you fight , the crowd was amazing and hope you have an amazing retirement. You gave everything in the cage and were an amazing ambassador and are a MMA legend.

Just one quick question.

What's your favourite KO and sub by any fighter?

Hey Brad,

Quick question regarding your success in MMA. What is the biggest advice you have for someone who is pursing MMA as a career? Thanks in advance!!
back in the day you had to go to different gyms to better your game ie a boxing gym, a wrestling gym, a BJJ gym to compete in MMA, but now there are many high level MMA gyms around with MMA coaching that would benefit you, so i'd focus on going to a specific MMA gym....for example not all Jui Jitsu moves that you'd learn in a Jui Jitsu gym would translate into MMA, but if you learned them in an MMA gym you'd learn the right techniques to put it all together properly. hope that makes sense?

Thanks for coming to Sherdog, Brad.

I didn't think I'd be online for this today, so just a quick, goofy question: where do you buy your hats? Is it a specialty store, or just a regular clothing store that happens to sell hats as well?

Forgot the most important question!

What choons does Brad Pickett listen to day to day?

I'm listening to the old Demi Lovato album from 2014, her voice :eek: . I'd recommend it.

What is the hardest part of training/training camp? And how do you think training in the future will advance? Do you think hard, Wanderlei Silva sparring is done for in mma?
for me the hardest part was travelling away from home.
the science behind sports is getting better in all sports which obviously translates in MMA. And as for Wanderlei Silva sparring, i still believe sparring is a very key part to fighting as its the closest thing to a fight so i'm always going to be a fan of hard sparring
you look how boxing has been around for years and you ask a boxer how many rounds of sparring he does a week.

Hey Brad.
Would you agree that Paolo Maldini is the greatest defender of all time? If not, who?
I know @Tules loves Ashley Cole but I consider him to be quite overrated (like most english players tbh).

Cheers.
for me paulo madini is an amazing football player, but I love Roberto Carlos (just because of his free kicks lol)

Thanks for the reply Brad! Last questions, how did you prepare for a fight mentally? Did you have any rituals or habits you'd do to calm your nerves? I'm making my MMA ammy debut soon and have been training for years and I'm nervous as hell even though it's a couple of months away. Thanks for taking time out of your day to do this.

Do you like to tell people that you beat the pound for pound best fighter in the world?

Thanks for the all the fights, best of luck in retirement.
thanks mate.

not really, i'm quite a modest guy, im not the guy who brags.....

i'd have to make it slow and painful so id defintely take up the full 5 minutes
probably do an arm bar on each arm followed by a heel hook on each leg and then choke him out unconscious and then drop my pants and lay a cleveland steamer right on his chest
giphy.gif

The Cleveland steamer was a fantastic touch, mate! <43>

The whole scenario has me curious, though. You're surrounded by a lion, a tiger, and Sol Campbell. You're given a semi-automatic rifle with 20 rounds. After you empty your clip, do you run for dear life, or go 1 v 2 against the lion and tiger?

@Carl Drogo @Tules

What do you think about this McGregor-Mayweather nonsense?
i suprised its ever even been discussed seriously, but now the fights looking like its being made i'm really interested....but it just goes to show, money talks

I don't actually have a question, but im damned if I could let this moment go by without saying Brad, thanks for everything you've brought to the British MMA scene over the last decade or so, youre a legend on these shores, happy retirement..

actually sod it, a question...

Q/ One british fighter, the one you think is most likely to succeed

Have you ever had animosity or really disliked an opponent? I remember you & Ian having some beef in the lead up to your fight but he said it was just playful banter between you guys.
never had any animosity towards an opponent....coz it made no difference to how i would fight. you could be the nicest guy in the world to me or an idiot and i'd still just want to knock your head off :)

How's your health? Have the particularly tough recent years taken a noticeable toll?

Brad,

Out of all your opponents who has been the one that surprised you with their punching power.

Like gawd I wasn't expecting that!

for me paulo madini is an amazing football player, but I love Roberto Carlos (just because of his free kicks lol)
Lad!

Out of all the fighters you fought, which one you consider the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back