***Brad "One Punch" Pickett SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you are doing well, Brad.

Went to see you at the 02. It was a great experience to see you fight , the crowd was amazing and hope you have an amazing retirement. You gave everything in the cage and were an amazing ambassador and are a MMA legend.

Just one quick question.

What's your favourite KO and sub by any fighter?
thanks mate, it was a crazy night and glad you got to be there.

wow....thats a tough question. i'm goign to have to have a think about that one and get back to you....if thats ok.

Thanks for coming to Sherdog, Brad.

I didn't think I'd be online for this today, so just a quick, goofy question: where do you buy your hats? Is it a specialty store, or just a regular clothing store that happens to sell hats as well?
my original hat was my grandad's but that got chewed up by a friends dog

so i now i like to get old ones from vinage stores in Brick Lane in London. they've got to be proper trilby's too...

While Im here, if anyone didnt see the video the UFC put out it was top banana

so i now i like to get old ones from vinage stores in Brick Lane in London. they've got to be proper trilby's too...

Did the hat have any sentimental value? I ask this because I once too lost a hat that belonged to my dead Grandfather, and I felt horrible about it.

Brad this is a bit of a random question but I know you are mates with the greatest octagon girl ever, Miss Carly Baker.

Just wondering if you know what football team she supports?

Forgot the most important question!

What choons does Brad Pickett listen to day to day?

I'm listening to the old Demi Lovato album from 2014, her voice :eek: . I'd recommend it.
i like all types of music, mix tapes have always been good for me. DJ's like girl talk, super mash bros white panda, but recently i've been getting into my UK Grime with people like Stormzy, Skepta, Giggs, Kano and Section Boys

While Im here, if anyone didnt see the video the UFC put out it was top banana

True pioneer for the MMA scene over here

nothing but respect for Brad

Will always be a fan for life.

Thank you.

Actually...

Favourite curry house (and curry)

Thanks for the reply Brad! Last questions, how did you prepare for a fight mentally? Did you have any rituals or habits you'd do to calm your nerves? I'm making my MMA ammy debut soon and have been training for years and I'm nervous as hell even though it's a couple of months away. Thanks for taking time out of your day to do this.
obviously the nerves get better over time , but also you've got to remember nerves are a good thing as they keep you on your toes. Just remember the other guy is in the same boat as you too...so i'd just train as hard as i possibly can and make sure the best version of me turns up on the night

good luck for your debut mate and let me know how you get on

i like all types of music, mix tapes have always been good for me. DJ's like girl talk, super mash bros white panda, but recently i've been getting into my UK Grime with people like Stormzy, Skepta, Giggs, Kano and Section Boys

I'll check them out! Stormzy's album was legit. Cigarettes and cush was lit

Give this a play

See if you can spot Jimi Manuwa in there

BANGER

Brad, one more from me.

In a fight, Khan or Brook?
Canelo or Golovkin?
Klitschko or Joshua?

Thx.

giphy.gif

The Cleveland steamer was a fantastic touch, mate! <43>

The whole scenario has me curious, though. You're surrounded by a lion, a tiger, and Sol Campbell. You're given a semi-automatic rifle with 20 rounds. After you empty your clip, do you run for dear life, or go 1 v 2 against the lion and tiger?

@Carl Drogo @Tules
id defintely use the full clip on Sol Cambell as id never want to hurt the wild animals LOL....so then i'd have to run!

Nice. I like trilbys, as well, although I love a good Churchill style bowler.

I don't actually have a question, but im damned if I could let this moment go by without saying Brad, thanks for everything you've brought to the British MMA scene over the last decade or so, youre a legend on these shores, happy retirement..

actually sod it, a question...

Q/ One british fighter, the one you think is most likely to succeed
thanks alot mate, thats really kind

thats an easy question for me to answer.....Marc Diakase

Hey Brad, thanks for coming on to do this.

1) Why did you use Chas & Dave for your walkout music? Why did you choose to switch back to "Wallop!" instead of using "Gertcha" for your last fight?

2) If you could fight any celebrity, living or dead, who would you fight?

I'm going to springboard off this, lol.

Is there anything that could get you to come out of retirement for another go, @Brad Pickett ? I know you just called it a career...but BJ has done it like three times now :D

honestly matey no :) im very happy with what i have achieved and ready for the next chapter in my life

Brad,

If you could choose a fantasy fight between any fighters of any era, who would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back