Brad Tavares Injured & Out Of TUF Finale vs. Israel Adesanya; Thiago Santos Potential Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santos will get broken down and picked apart. Adesanya is a much better striker.

Thats not a bad replacement. Hope they can keep Adesanya on the card. He needs the experience.

De rail this hype train . another mike perry
Adesanya is an actual world class striker, and Santos is a sloppy guy.

Most likely a finish for Israel here, he'll sit back and then land an accurate punch that drops Thiago.

I FUCKING KNEW IT!! I am feeling so smug right now because I fucking predicted it.
I predicted Tavares would magically become injured.
So, therefore, it's bullshit. He didn't injure himself. He just didn't want any part of Israel Adesanya and who can blame him. Tavares is on good momentum and has to fight Israel who is lower ranked and also on a streak.

If I can find it in my older posts I'll quote it here.
......(fucking knew it).
Adensaya is easy pickings for Tavares, and the win would catapult him further, as he has so much hype. This ain't Zabit or something, this is a wildly one dimensional fighter who had his chin snatched up in kick boxing, now comes over to MMA and gets outstruck by a 24 year old Italian who picked up MMA a few years ago and had no martial art base.

That being said, Santos is a good fight for him, as he is pretty much only a striker and has gotten his chin snatched up a few times over the past few years. It will be a fun fight but it certainly is a cherry picked match up for the hype train to continue.

It is indeed a great replacement. Liking Izzy quite a lot and this should put some heat to the metal.

Santos is good replacement, dude throws heat and kicks like a mule. He is a bit chinny and has doesn't have the best fight IQ though, so I can see why they made this matchup. Winnable fight for both guys, Santos might actually be a worse grappler than Adesanya as well.

Will never forget Santos getting choked out by Eric fucking Spicely after what looked like a guard pull out of fear, such a wtf moment for me. One of the most underrated upsets as well imo.

Santos is an easier fight for Adesanya

Tavares would have grinded him and been a test

Santos is going to try and strike and get blasted

Interesting replacement. Stylistically a better match up for Israel imo. Think he takes a decision

Adensaya is easy pickings for Tavares, and the win would catapult him further, as he has so much hype. This ain't Zabit or something, this is a wildly one dimensional fighter who had his chin snatched up in kick boxing, now comes over to MMA and gets outstruck by a 24 year old Italian who picked up MMA a few years ago and had no martial art base.

That being said, Santos is a good fight for him, as he is pretty much only a striker and has gotten his chin snatched up a few times over the past few years. It will be a fun fight but it certainly is a cherry picked match up for the hype train to continue.

He got "outstruck" by vettori? Lmao...

I bet you think Maia "outstruck" Colby too because he landed a couple good straights in the first round huh?

It's funny how both of those fights were stand up fights yet somehow the guy who "won" the standup, according to Sherdog logic, lost both fights..

This post is pure trash you should be ashamed of yourself.

Man, I like Santos in this fighter better. Good stuff.

That sucks. Tavares is one of those workers that won me over, and I was looking forward to his main event.
IMO this is a better outcome for both guys. Tavares probably would have gone on to lose in workmanlike fashion. This way he doesn't get derailed.

Santos will bring it but he is tailor made for Israel to turn into highlight fodder.

Santos has zero chin and his wild style only works against it

LOL, he looked like absolute SHIT against Vettori. Hopefully Santos works his leg then nukes him. What's the deal though, is Tavares back in?

LOL, he looked like absolute SHIT against Vettori. Hopefully Santos works his leg then nukes him. What's the deal though, is Tavares back in?
Why did you bump an old thread to fuck with us? I actually would rather have santos but tavares is a good test as well/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back