Brain supplements?

dudeguyman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am shamefully reposting a thread I made a bit ago in the strength and conditioning section. I don't really know why i thought it would be better then this section, but mods if you've caught on. Please delete the other post as opposed to this one.

Recently got PCS(post concussive syndrome), any advice for vitamins good for my brain? Coupled with a healthy lifestyle of course...

Fish oil, reading, learning a new skill

Fish oil, reading, learning a new skill
Fish oil is a good one. I do read, and I have been meaning to take up shooting and parkour anyway. Though parkour still might jerk my head around to much while I recover. Don't get me wrong though I will come back to Martial arts. I've actually thought this might be a good opportunity to get buff as fuck. I don't mind getting Parkinson's/Alzheimer's, just not until I'm at least 50. Mainly I just don't want crippling headaches.

I have also suffered from PCS, and I found that the most helpful things were drinking plenty of water, getting ample sleep, and limiting screentime on computers, tablets, and tv until my symptoms subsided. Diet is also very important. Try to eat a diet that includes a lot of antioxidant-rich vegetables and fruits, and avoid crap like fast food. As far as supplements go, obviously you should consult with your physician first, but I found the following very helpful:
  • Melatonin- a powerful antioxidant that crosses the blood-brain barrier and helps tremendously with sleep (Often times sleep disturbances are experienced with PCS)
  • Fish oil- may reduce neural inflammation and feeds your brain
  • Magnesium- reduces neuronal cell death
  • Creatine- found to be neuroprotective in animal studies
Good luck bro. How did you get your concussion? I had 2 in one week during training camp and that caused me issues for over a year. The best advice that I can give is to let your brain rest as much as you can.

obviously you should consult with your physician first
I'm afraid that is not happening. No insurance, and I'm poor in America.
Good luck bro. How did you get your concussion?
Was sparring a guy more skilled than me, but with less control or care for my safety. Probably both. He threw a hard spinning back fist as I was closing the distance, ended up turning into a spinning back elbow to the side of my head. I got mad, and all I accomplished was getting peppered with somewhere between 20 to 50 lighter punches to the head.

Last edited:
Essentials:
-Fish oil
-Magnesium
-Melatonin
-CBD oil

Anything that helps with sleep quality and dreaming

Bonus:
-Lions Man
-Bacopa
-Cordyceps/Reishi combo
-Tart cherry juice (Naturally contains melatonin)

Controversial:
-Raw Cacao
-Nootropic drugs:
Aniracetam, phenylpiracetam, etc

Last edited:

Recent studies with small sample sizes that indicate what might be true as opposed to what is.

The overall evidence is comparable to research indicating that intermittent fasting is one of the best ways to diet; recent and small.

Certainly not enough to classify anything related to marijuana as essential.

Recent studies with small sample sizes that indicate what might be true as opposed to what is.

The overall evidence is comparable to research indicating that intermittent fasting is one of the best ways to diet; recent and small.

Melatonin is not essential (your body produces it) but you picked on CBD, why is that?

Idk about oil, but I actually smoked a bowl last night for like the first time since this incident and my irritability and headache subsided somewhat...

Idk about oil, but I actually smoked a bowl last night for like the first time since this incident and my irritability and headache subsided somewhat...

I wouldn't advise smoking bongs to get rid of headaches and irritability, if anything it will make things worse.

It definitely hasn't yet. Why do you say that?

Because it heavily dehydrates you and your brain, which is the opposite of what you need to solve headaches; your brain needs to be properly hydrated not the opposite. Also, every person is different but most people I know who smoke bongs or joints tend to be very irritable for a few days or weeks when they stop or take a break from it.

So to be me it would have the opposite effect of what you're trying to stop; headaches and irritability.

Because it heavily dehydrates you and your brain, which is the opposite of what you need to solve headaches; your brain needs to be properly hydrated not the opposite. Also, every person is different but most people I know who smoke bongs or joints tend to be very irritable for a few days or weeks when they stop or take a break from it.

So to be me it would have the opposite effect of what you're trying to stop; headaches and irritability.
That makes sense. I don't get any withdrawals from it, but it does make me real thirsty. I think if I stay hydrated I will be fine though. To be completely honest I don't know about all that cbd inflammation shit, but it is pretty comforting with these uncomfortable symptoms quite frankly. I'm starting to understand the Diaz way lol.

That makes sense. I don't get any withdrawals from it, but it does make me real thirsty. I think if I stay hydrated I will be fine though. To be completely honest I don't know about all that cbd inflammation shit, but it is pretty comforting with these uncomfortable symptoms quite frankly. I'm starting to understand the Diaz way lol.

You also have to think long term though. I really can't see smoking bowls being good for you long-term. As long as you keep in mind and realise that there are healthier ways to resolve your problems, then I guess it's up to your own judgement.

Don't go getting high as an escape from reality, it's not sustainable my man.

Back