Branding: The Country Of Origin Effect

danboxing

Boxing / Boxeo / Pugilato / Boxe / ...
@Yellow
Reaction score
I d like to know what do you think about:

· - Headquarter: Does country of origin affect your gear brand associations? US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Italy, Thailand, Russia, Ireland, etc.

· - Production: Where is the gear produced affecting your purchase intentions? Mexico, US, Pakistan, China, Thailand, Italy, etc.

made-in-italy.jpgbrand.gifíndice.png

'We thank to all our friends, employees, customers and suppliers for their trust and loyalty and we reiterate our commitment to continue to provide the best boxing equipment in the world synonymous with Mexico, and to continue to support our beloved sport.' https://www.cletoreyesboxing.com/about-us/

'We thank to all our friends, employees, customers and suppliers for their trust and loyalty and we reiterate our commitment to continue to provide the best boxing equipment in the world synonymous with Mexico, and to continue to support our beloved sport.' https://www.cletoreyesboxing.com/about-us/

Cleto Reyes Gloves are really " Hencho in Mejico " if that's what you mean. Winning is Made in Japan. Fairtex and Twins etc. Are made in Thailand. Title gloves and Ringside are typically made in Pakistan. Everlast gloves has many suppliers mostly China. But some of their higher end stuff like the MX line is really made in Mejico I believe.

<Fedor23> .

Cleto Reyes Gloves are really " Hencho in Mejico " if that's what you mean. Winning is Made in Japan. Fairtex and Twins etc. Are made in Thailand. Title gloves and Ringside are typically made in Pakistan. Everlast gloves has many suppliers mostly China. But some of their higher end stuff like the MX line is really made in Mejico I believe.

<Fedor23> .

I know <{jackyeah}> but does it matter to you? If it is japanese, chinese, etc brand.

For me ...

Mexico = boxing, tradition, durability, etc.
Russia = soviet school of boxing , hardness, pain
Thailand = hand made, muay thai ( not boxing)
Italy = luxury, craftsman, design, etc.

No. It doesn't matter to me. I think Winning is the best overall. But I have gloves from all the Major brands in my collection. Expensive and cheap. The best glove is the one that works for you.

And Thailand has a rich history in Thai and Western Boxing. Get familiar son...

<34> .

It matter to me.

When I buy a glove made in Thailand, I know it will be flawless.

I really like the look of Rival's gloves, but the "made in China" part is scaring the shit out of me. Good thing I live close the the Store so I can go and see the product before buying. Most of the time I ask the employee to get 3 pairs from the back store and I make my pair with the ones that have no "defects".

It matter to me.

When I buy a glove made in Thailand, I know it will be flawless.

I really like the look of Rival's gloves, but the "made in China" part is scaring the shit out of me. Good thing I live close the the Store so I can go and see the product before buying. Most of the time I ask the employee to get 3 pairs from the back store and I make my pair with the ones that have no "defects".

Made in China ?? Rival Fight gloves are made in Pakistan. ( I only use their fight gloves) And to be honest they are pretty damn good. Nice profile and thumb placement.

Made in China ?? Rival Fight gloves are made in Pakistan. ( I only use their fight gloves) And to be honest they are pretty damn good. Nice profile and thumb placement.

Did not know their Fight gloves were made in Pakistan. I know most of their bag and sparring (if not all) are made in China....unless it changed lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back