Branko Cikatic

Branko was a dirty fighter and made a lot of enemies with his antics in the combat sports world. Here is my favorite fight of his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I3oscYafJU

Fights one of my favorite Kickboxers, Dennis Alexio and gets knocked the hell down hard. It was a clusterfuck of a fight, because the ref told them to fight then mid combo, tries to say stop. But it is great. Branko gets laid down by Alexio.

My favorite Branko moment was in a kick boxing match(might have been against Ralph White) where they start the match out touching gloves in the center of the ring, but right when they touch gloves, Branko immediately hits a spinning back kick to the body. Lol. So dirty.

I showed that to my wrestling teammate in HS and then he started doing it to a lot of unsuspecting people in the locker room and shit. Lol. He was also a dirty fighter and was easily influenced by an evil man like Branko.

Lol. Yep. That was it. Been a while since I have seen that "fight." Don't remember it being so short. I wonder which of my friends kept my Pride 1 DVD.

He did the same thing when he fought Musashi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4kxRuIgczI
Whether you like his "dirty" tactics or not, you have to give him credit, he actually fought to win and do as much damage as possible unlike the majority of kickboxers today who just point fight. And there was no way Ernesto Hoost was ever going to win a GP as long as he was around.

He did the same thing when he fought Musashi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4kxRuIgczI
Whether you like his "dirty" tactics or not, you have to give him credit, he actually fought to win and do as much damage as possible unlike the majority of kickboxers today who just point fight. And there was no way Ernesto Hoost was ever going to win a GP as long as he was around.

I know, if a fighter knocks another fighter out twice in a row, no way he can lose.

6ia1s0_jpg.gif

mma_g_jackson_silva1_576.jpg

Branko was a dirty fighter and made a lot of enemies with his antics in the combat sports world. Here is my favorite fight of his.

Fights one of my favorite Kickboxers, Dennis Alexio and gets knocked the hell down hard. It was a clusterfuck of a fight, because the ref told them to fight then mid combo, tries to say stop. But it is great. Branko gets laid down by Alexio.

Pat Burleson did a horrible job reffin that fight. Now Don Wilson did put a legit whuppin on Cikitic

Pat Burleson did a horrible job reffin that fight. Now Don Wilson did put a legit whuppin on Cikitic

Man, how do so many Branko fights turn into shitshows? He tries to scam more recovery time out of the referee, then his cornerman pushes Wilson off him before throwing the towel in!?!

Well i think Branko's haters will go crazy soon since he has a kid of age 15 that just started boxing and will soon enter the ring.

What happens is that today there are better fighters prepared for those who do not believe just see GLORY. Branko Cikatic and other champions of the past could not compete in today's level!

Today's MMA, Kickboxing and Muaythai champions are the best men of all time

What happens is that today there are better fighters prepared for those who do not believe just see GLORY. Branko Cikatic and other champions of the past could not compete in today's level!

Today's MMA, Kickboxing and Muaythai champions are the best men of all time

Why do you say that? What makes the fighters of today better? I think some fighters of the past are overrated and some fighters of today are underrated, but I'm not sure how you think this generation is the best so far.

Watch the GLORY, UFC and the fights in Thailand. Then you'll know what I'm talking about.

Or do you think that fighters like Branko Cikatic would fight Glory, I do not think

Why do you say that? What makes the fighters of today better? I think some fighters of the past are overrated and some fighters of today are underrated, but I'm not sure how you think this generation is the best so far.

Watch the GLORY, UFC and the fights in Thailand. Then you'll know what I'm talking about.

Or do you think that fighters like Branko Cikatic would fight Glory, I do not think

I watch all of those things, and don't see it. For starters, many guys from past eras still fight today. BJ Penn was only the third Lightweight champion in the UFC and he still fights today. Mirko Cro Cop was a killer in Kickboxing and MMA and... he still fights today; Mark Hunt, Andy Souwer, Peter Aerts, Buakaw Banchamek, you get the picture. And when it comes to Muay Thai-- with participation in the sport lower, the money going into the sport lower, the amount of gyms lower... How has Muay Thai advanced so much since the Golden Age? When did all the fighters get so technical? What advancements were made in hand-to-hand combat in the last ~20 - 15 years that have evaded us for all of time?

The guys of today are very good, but many of them could be taken by past fighters. Many would even argue the level of Muay Thai and Kickboxing has gone down since the respective Golden Eras of each.

I think Branko could compete, a prehistoric Aerts gave Rico a tough fight prime Aerts would destroy him if anything the heavyweights now are weaker then before.

Of course they are not my friend.

I think Branko could compete, a prehistoric Aerts gave Rico a tough fight prime Aerts would destroy him if anything the heavyweights now are weaker then before.

Friend this fighters like Andy Souwer, Peter Aerts and Buakaw Banchamek ~ are from the time of the K1 today he only fight against medium fighters for this reason they are not in Glory.

This is the same reason that Mark Hunt is in the MMA that does not have fighters of change of glopes on top because the fight is smaller the fighter acersta a glope and finishes the fight.

I watch all of those things, and don't see it. For starters, many guys from past eras still fight today. BJ Penn was only the third Lightweight champion in the UFC and he still fights today. Mirko Cro Cop was a killer in Kickboxing and MMA and... he still fights today; Mark Hunt, Andy Souwer, Peter Aerts, Buakaw Banchamek, you get the picture. And when it comes to Muay Thai-- with participation in the sport lower, the money going into the sport lower, the amount of gyms lower... How has Muay Thai advanced so much since the Golden Age? When did all the fighters get so technical? What advancements were made in hand-to-hand combat in the last ~20 - 15 years that have evaded us for all of time?

The guys of today are very good, but many of them could be taken by past fighters. Many would even argue the level of Muay Thai and Kickboxing has gone down since the respective Golden Eras of each.

Friend this fighters like Andy Souwer, Peter Aerts and Buakaw Banchamek ~ are from the time of the K1 today he only fight against medium fighters for this reason they are not in Glory.

This is the same reason that Mark Hunt is in the MMA that does not have fighters of change of glopes on top because the fight is smaller the fighter acersta a glope and finishes the fight.

Buakaw won his first World MAX 14 years ago, Andy Souwer won his first 13 years ago and Peter Aerts won his first World GP 24 years ago... How are they from the K-1 of today? lol

And I do not mean this rudely, but I didn't understand what you said about Mark Hunt in your last sentence there

Branko was a bad man and to me, one of the greatest K-1 champions. Kind of like the Bill Laimbeer of kickboxing but more natural ability. Him and Mirko together, that was a scary sight.

Back