Braveheart ruined Robert the Bruce for me

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
There's a new movie out on Netflix called the outlaw King. It looks great. Directed by Taylor Sheridan who made hell or high water (which I still need to see) and wind river (which I loved).

So I was looking forward to this movie but I just saw the trailer and discovered that it's about Robert the Bruce.

I have this image in my head about Robert the Bruce being a pussy who's cowardice led to William Wallace's death. Sure he eventually did the right thing but had he done it earlier he could've saved many lives including Wallace's.

How can I get this image of Bruce out of my head so I can enjoy this movie?

Edit: I was wrong about Taylor Sheridan directing this. The trailer said it was from the same director as hell or high water and I mistakenly thought that was Sheridan. In fact Sheridan wrote that movie but didn't direct it.

There's a new movie out on Netflix called the outlaw King. It looks great. Directed by Taylor Sheridan who made hell or high water (which I still need to see) and wind river (which I loved).

So I was looking forward to this movie but I just saw the trailer and discovered that it's about Robert the Bruce.

I have this image in my head about Robert the Bruce being a pussy who's cowardice led to William Wallace's death. Sure he eventually did the right thing but had he done it earlier he could've saved many lives including Wallace's.

Maybe it’s a redemption story? About him atoning for letting Wallace & Friends die?

Directed by Taylor Sheridan who made hell or high water (which I still need to see) and wind river (which I loved).

Taylor Sheridan has nothing to do with this movie.

You bled with Wallace! Now bleed with me!

That's redemption at the end of braveheart

Gets you hard when you get to point out someone else's mistakes, doesn't it?

Hey man, don’t blame me just cuz you don’t know your Taylor Sherdians from your David Mackenzies.

It's perfectly possible for both movies to be accurate in their facts and simply have been set from opposing points of view.

I'm going to go with both being factually flexible entertainment vehicles though.

Edit: I was wrong about Taylor Sheridan directing this. The trailer said it was from the same director as hell or high water and I mistakenly thought that was Sheridan. In fact Sheridan wrote that movie but didn't direct it.
braveheart was horseshit and about as historically accurate as the Inglorious bastards

I just watched Outlaw King last night. Now i’ll have to rewatch Bravehart as I haven’t watched it in a long time.

Outlaw king was better than i expected.

Whatever happened to this dude?

braveheartbruce.jpg

You need to see Hell or High Water.

Maybe the best movie I’ve seen in 4-5 years.

the score on this part always makes me want to cry forever
9JByn9O.jpg

I can't be the only one who wanted to see Uncle Arygle in action!
HPNW7fI.jpg

You need to see Hell or High Water.

Maybe the best movie I’ve seen in 4-5 years.

Great movie.

Did you see Wind River? Personally I rank it a little higher, but they are both fantastic

Back