BREAKING: Damien Brown steps up to fight Zabit Magomedsharipov

g9ayfcr1nqnczfd6n678.gif

Nah Zabit should be taking a step up in competition, this is a step back.

I know. I remember following the crusade by some wiki user who’s activity consisted of editing the Americas Next Top Model page. He argued that just about no MMA event carried the appropriate amount of historical significance to command its own Wikipedia page. Rumble in the Jungle was his benchmark. I guess he succeeded because after that a lot of stuff got deleted or moved to one page. UFC events for the most part still have their own page but it’s no longer the case that being in the UFC gets you a wiki page. A lot of fighters were deleted as well. Just don’t understand why anybody could give a shit to want something removed for no reason other than being a busy body.

Although I don't think being in the UFC alone means you should have a Wiki page, I recall some Filipino fighter having 3 fights in the UFC (the benchmark to get a Wiki article), losing and not doing anything beyond that afterwards. But I do think there needs to be more accommodation for other promotions' fighters. There's some really impressive fighters out there.

I also find it frustrating the lack of sourcing information for amateur athletes, especially the Russian scene. Its hard to source regional championship accomplishments when there's no available links, or the website for those events aren't updated in years or goes down. Plus, some well-known orgs like IKF (Kempo) seem to not even make all their results public. WMMAA seems to be incomplete in its results. And so forth. They can spend thousands to organize events but can't even compile results to see, so what's even the point?!

I honestly don't think Brown could make 145. Where did you read that he was looking to drop down?

Zabit is on his way up -- he's one of the biggest prospects in the sport at the moment (in terms of obvious talent and lack of exposure), and Brown is losing fights on the prelims. His contract is on the line. Just because he's tough, doesn't mean the fight makes sense.
He said that in his twitter. He's been fighting with a dad body at 155 and always seems like he barely cuts weight to make it, most of his opponents are either much taller than him or much more muscular, i think he could make 145.

The fight doesn't make a lot of sense, but if no one else is accepting it, better fight Brown than doesn't fight at all, doesn't it?

opponents-damien-brown-of-austrailia-and-jon-tuck-of-guam-face-off-picture-id625788700

6297677.jpg

UFC-221-2.png

Alan-Patrick-vs.-Damien-Brown-639x400.jpg

He said that in his twitter. He's been fighting with a dad body at 155 and always seems like he barely cuts weight to make it, most of his opponents are either much taller than him or much more muscular, i think he could make 145.

The fight doesn't make a lot of sense, but if no one else is accepting it, better fight Brown than doesn't fight at all, doesn't it?

opponents-damien-brown-of-austrailia-and-jon-tuck-of-guam-face-off-picture-id625788700

6297677.jpg

UFC-221-2.png

Alan-Patrick-vs.-Damien-Brown-639x400.jpg

Fair enough. When I was training with him he used to whinge a lot about the weight cut to 70kg. He might have a bit of a dad bod, but he's quite thick.

Maybe now that he's getting paid UFC money, he may have access to nutritionists and such.

Well if he can make 145, and no one else will fight Zabit, I'm down. I think it's a bad move on his part, though. He needs a win and he's calling out what could possibly be a future champ.

As far as champs, it's almost laughable that you can be the title holder and refuse to fight the top contenders. No wonder Dana hates Woodley and MM.

Why would you pick the two most active champions in the UFC?

Who also coincidentally face higher ranked competition than any other current UFC champions?

Why, indeed.....

giphy.gif

They are literally the #1 and #2 champions right now.

Woodleys last 4 opponents were all ranked #1 and he fought them within 17 months, ffs....

There are 10 worse champions to choose from in either activity or rank of opposition....

The ones you chose happen to be the two doing the job best....

In an era where champions can hold belts hostage 450 days without even scheduling a fight...how do the two most active champs have haters?

Fair enough. When I was training with him he used to whinge a lot about the weight cut to 70kg. He might have a bit of a dad bod, but he's quite thick.

Maybe now that he's getting paid UFC money, he may have access to nutritionists and such.

Well if he can make 145, and no one else will fight Zabit, I'm down. I think it's a bad move on his part, though. He needs a win and he's calling out what could possibly be a future champ.
It could be his only and last chance to stay at UFC, i understand it tbh
It's a desperate move

I would rate his stand up over McGregor's to be honest.

Well, I think over all, you might be right...but I think for what conor does, he does it the best...he used to do all those spinning kicks...not what Zabit does, but he did all those fancy spinning kicks...But he stopped doing that in the 2nd nate fight and the Eddie fight...he pretty much just uses basic kicks to set up his punches....

I need to see how zabit does against tougher opponents...then we will have an idea of just how good he is...but from all the fights I have seen of him...the guy is a legit mutant...I saw him ko a guy with a freaken jab...haha

Who also coincidentally face higher ranked competition than any other current UFC champions?

Why, indeed.....

giphy.gif

Woodleys last 4 opponents were all ranked #1 and he fought them within 17 months, ffs....

There are 10 worse champions to choose from in either activity or rank of opposition....

In an era where champions can hold belts hostage 450 days without even scheduling a fight...how do the two most active champs have haters?

Well, first of all, I'm not quite sure if you've noticed, but Tyron Woodley is black.

Why, indeed.....

giphy.gif

stop, no one likes him

Well, I think over all, you might be right...but I think for what conor does, he does it the best...he used to do all those spinning kicks...not what Zabit does, but he did all those fancy spinning kicks...But he stopped doing that in the 2nd nate fight and the Eddie fight...he pretty much just uses basic kicks to set up his punches....

I need to see how zabit does against tougher opponents...then we will have an idea of just how good he is...but from all the fights I have seen of him...the guy is a legit mutant...I saw him ko a guy with a freaken jab...haha

Pretty much agree. Except the fact that he's comfortable on the ground rly opens up his striking and makes defending against his striking harder for opponents because they have the threat of a takedown to worry about. Also I think it was more of a hook if it's the fight I'm thinking of. Oh yeah and I have never seen Conor throw a 2 touch in the octagon. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The only fights, imo, on that list that would benefit them is Allen and Artem - maybe Yair, but I think he's probably focusing on training than taking a fight.

Allen is probably injured. Again.

Artem is fighting Caceres.

Fili would be looking at someone higher up in the "rankings"

Have to wonder why he didn't call someone out earlier. Seems like he's trying to get a fight in before Ramadan (if he is a devout Muslim) but considering he's managed by Abdelaziz, it doesn't mean they all turned down the fight and the timing might not suit them, just as it may not have suited Mago' at the start of the year or end of last year.

The only fights, imo, on that list that would benefit them is Allen and Artem - maybe Yair, but I think he's probably focusing on training than taking a fight.

Allen is probably injured. Again.
Artem is fighting Caceres.
Fili would be looking at someone higher up in the "rankings"

Have to wonder why he didn't call someone out earlier. Seems like he's trying to get a fight in before Ramadan (if he is a devout Muslim) but considering he's managed by Abdelaziz, it doesn't mean they all turned down the fight and the timing might not suit them, just as it may not have suited Mago' at the start of the year or end of last year.

He called out Artem in his fucking debut. That was half a year ago.

He called out Yair in his second fight.

You expect him to call out someone before he even had his first fight? <Huh2>

All I can really say is good on brown for being willing to step up. Hope he gets it

A mismatch on the levels of Valentina vs whoever that girl was.

Bring out Yamasaki <{JustBleed}>

just Glad to see Zabit back in the octagon , hope fighting the larger man won't be a problem as I would hate to see any of his momentum taking because fighter in his division were to afraid to sign on the dotted line .

Back