Breaking: Dillashaw Going DOWN in Weight; Will Fight Cejudo For Flyweight Title @ UFC 233

Who Wins?

• TJ Dillashaw

• Henry Cejudo

Results are only viewable after voting.
What’s the point still either way you’re promoting a division and title fight that won’t exist at this point in a year.

Have Cejudo fight for the 135 belt then, not tough

So they should stop all fights and let the flyweights sit on their asses for a year? The show goes on, and when it's time they will remove the division and re-sign some of the fighters to BW.

TJ has a chance to become 2-weight world champion, that's great for promotion.

I don't mind people that go down. If they can go down, then it means they're likely already one of the smaller guys in their division and they've been fighting bigger guys the whole time. Edgar's career is a great example of that.

If they can make the weight and put on a championship level performance, then I don't think it should be frowned on. Also, sometimes the better fighters are below you not above you.

That said, it doesn't make any sense for TJ to go down in this situation

I agree that there is no shame in a not champ going to a weight class that is a better fit.
I'm only questioning the validity of a champion going down in weight to fight a smaller champ. Its like the opposite of testing yourself imo.

I agree that there is no shame in a not champ going to a weight class that is a better fit.
I'm only questioning the validity of a champion going down in weight to fight a smaller champ. Its like the opposite of testing yourself imo.

Typically yeah, but not always. Sometimes the longstanding champ in the weightclass below you is the harder fight and IS the test. Again, that doesn't apply to this situation. When Pettis wanted to drop down and fight Aldo, for example, we all thought that was the fight to really test Pettis, who looked amazing at the time.

Typically yeah, but not always. Sometimes the longstanding champ in the weightclass below you is the harder fight and IS the test. Again, that doesn't apply to this situation. When Pettis wanted to drop down and fight Aldo, for example, we all thought that was the fight to really test Pettis, who looked amazing at the time.
But that should have been Jose's challenge. Pettis' challenge should have been the WW champ if he felt his division was too easy for him.

Feels so much like a consulation prize fight.

An overweight Tj wins by stoppage.

I don't understand the going down in weight to take smaller people's belts.
Only in going up are you proving anything to yourself and others. IMHO.

I'm taking Cejudo. He's faster, has better wrestling, his striking is improving in leaps and bounds.
I would have favored TJ over MM due to power & MM's lack of it, but I'm picking the Lilliputian Olympian for the W.

Maybe they are the ones who are normally fighting in the right weight class?

Not that this applies to TJ.

But that should have been Jose's challenge. Pettis' challenge should have been the WW champ if he felt his division was too easy for him.

Would GSP have been a bigger challenge for Pettis than Aldo? of course, but aldo was still considered a bigger test than other lighweight contenders for Pettis at that time.

I don't know. I don't have a problem with it.

giphy.gif

TJ, Left; Henry, Right

Back