Breaking: Dillashaw Going DOWN in Weight; Will Fight Cejudo For Flyweight Title @ UFC 233

Who Wins?

• TJ Dillashaw

• Henry Cejudo

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is so fucking dumb

the only reason to do this is to attempt to be a 3 weight class champ. I doubt if he wins he would ever defend it.

UFC is catering to TJ.

His last ppv with Cody did 700k ppv or something right ? He wants two belts badly. They can make him a bigger star.

A month later they will say tj unified the belts and close the division.

First of all, that is an absolutely idiotic way to measure effective striking. Second of all both of DJ's injues were from something that he did, not Henry. His foot broke from kicking Cejudo repeatedly. His knee got fucked up when he failed a TD attempt. DJ clearly outstruck Henry and you are being ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

DJ was faster everywhere. Clearly out paced Cejudo. Henry is just a top tier wrestler and was stubborn with his TDs. That had nothing to do with speed. That was all technique. DJ was clearly a step faster.

1) Henry went 3 for 11 on TDs throughout the entire fight. Failing the vast majority of TDs that he attempted on DJ.

2) He was also taken down by DJ round 3.

3) Henry landed a total 3 strikes on the ground. All of which were in round 4. None of these did any significant damage.

4) Henry was inactive on top and succeeded only in maintaining position.

The wrestling was extremely close with Cejudo edging it through solid positional control.

And striking at distance. And landing a much higher percentage of his strikes. And landing the more damaging strikes.

The strikes and pressure Cejudo brought were better than DJ's ineffective kicks. Cejudo threw harder shots, his right hand was landing heavy. More strikes landed doesnt always win a fight.

Cejudo didnt land 3 takedowns and attempt 11. DJ didnt complete a TD in the 3rd either. He escaped takedown attempts with granby rolls. DC even said the stats were wrong.

You need your eyes checked if you think he only had 3 GNP strikes. Even in the first, he landed a bunch of knees from front headlock on the ground. I bet you got your numbers from Fightmetric.

He claims those foot and knee injuries, but the xrays didnt show anything broken. The boy was shook from having a tough fight. He even claimed he couldnt sleep at night. And after saying he wanted a rematch did nothing to pursue it. Just like him saying he'd fight TJ and doing nothing to make it happen.

Last edited:
Anyone with half a brain knows TJ wins this, and then they can close the division cleanly. All the people that are like "wah but it's a dead belt"...

that's the fucking point. This is the nail in the coffin, TJ moves down, takes the belt, they kill the division for good, and he moves back up. TJ has been waiting for this for a while, but Mighty Mouse knew he would lose and went out like a bitch instead. A lost to Cejudo is way worse than a loss to a bigger and better TJ.
<WellThere>

ok, so what happens if tj loses? does henry then go HA I WANT A SHOT AT 135 NOW

this is a bs fight. bring on tj vs moraes or assuncao

Gives Cejudo a slightly better chance, especially if TJ has a rough weight cut.
yea but tj is a pro, so he for sure can make the weight or else he wouldnt be campaigning for this for a year now. no doubt he will make weight and prob have the best cut possible

It seems to me that the reason Cejudo didn't go up in weight was because he wasn't getting compensated enough for it, confirmed by his manager Ali

If Cejudo beats TJ for the 125 belt that would mean he gets his ppv points which means TJ ain't getting ppv points and is actually doing it for his legacy (props to him).

However if Cejudo wins, how are they going to axe the FlyW division where the champ has a title defence. I thought the whole point of getting this fight done was so Cejudo could be champ at BW and not lose legitimacy. They waited so long for DJ to lose to get rid of the division because of title defences but they are playing the same hand if Cejudo retains (in mma anything can happen). If Henry loses the division dissolves, no issues and TJ ends the division as champ and goes back to defend the BW belt.

However i have to believe that Cejudo has a much better chance at FlyW than BW and favour him in this match up. If he wins that means the division sticks around and this whole axing of fighters was done for nothing. It's hilarious because there are no FlyW matches scheduled for four events straight from UFC 231-ESPN+ card (4 cards)

Wtf kind of matchmaking is this.

Lol well The UFC is bat shit crazy now days. Cut the division, have a guy go down to fight for the belt that doesn’t actually exist now, Brillant.

TJ that scared of Marlon is wild

Wasn't the announcement that the division will be removed in 2019? Who knows if it will be early or late 2019, they still have a lot of flyweights under contract. I don't know if most people know this, but there's actually more fighters in the flyweight division than DJ and Cejudo.

Stupid decision.

Love TJ but it would be pretty funny to see it blow up in WME's face.

I think it's even worse than that they can't rewind closing 125, so if Henry defends his belt vs tj, obviously he gets an immediate title shot at 135 so this puts the division on hold for another half year before a BW contender can fight for the belt. Moraes, Assuncao and cruz all waiting till winter 2019.

Was about to clik then I saw Ali's stupid smiling face...
step-back.gif

If Cejudo wins then he will move up and have an instant rematch with TJ at 135. Which means the entire division gets screwed and top 4 will have to wait even longer for their shot at title bout.

literally nothing about this makes sense, other than to benefit Dillashaw and the UFC's PR spin to justify canning the tiny man division.

1. HC wants to move up immediately to fight TJ
2. TJ wants to be a 2x weight champ
2. FW division is getting scrapped - MM has been released, and lower tier FWs have already been given their walking papers.

The only reason I can possibly see for this is that the UFC have decided points 1 & 2 make the PR nightmare of putting 30+ fighters out of a job much simpler. MM had no intention of moving up, which would have made canning the longest reigning champ in history - and his division - a PR nightmare. With Henry winning the belt and wanting the TJ fight immediately, then releasing MM; that made shit infinitely easier for them.

Henry wants to challenge for the 135 belt anyway, but TJ is becoming quite marketable...therefore, if they hold the final fight at 125, it's win-win for the UFC and TJ. If Henry wins - that's a wrap. He needs to go to 135 and they can market an anticipated rematch at TJ's 'natural' weight. If TJ wins, he's a double champ, becomes more notorious, and Henry can waltz on off to ONE if he likes anyway, seeing as his contract purse likely exceeds his worth at 135lb. They probably have little faith in him being able to make the same waves at 135. Two birds with one stone.

So even if TJ loses, it can be blamed on the weight cut, and the division is scrapped anyway, and Henry had already gone on record saying he wants the 135 belt next.

None of this could have happened with MM around as champ, and now that HC/TJ is at 125, they protect the bigger asset in TJ as he doesn't lose the only 'real' belt.

Total bullshit, side-blinding tactics, but that's Ari for you. The fight is at 125 to save their bigger asset in case he loses. He gets bigger if he wins, and loses very little if he loses.

It just means hes the last survivor of the midget race in the UFC.

Are WME retarded?

I'm still trying to figure out WTF they're doing.

Confirm they're getting rid of the FLW division, yet Cejudo/TJ is for thr FLW title?!?

<{vega}>

Why are people so mad? TJ gets to prove he can make 125 to shove it MMs face and it gives Cejudo a possible fighting chance. Looks fine to me.

TJ wins EASYYYYY

They'll make this the last fight in the division and scrap it. (not really]

Back