***BREAKING***Donald Trump BTFO!!![Ethics]

You've asserted, not pointed out.

It's a thread about Trump and his hotels. If this comment wasn't intended to relate to that then I can only take it as nonsense.

Sigh . . .

Cubo, look bro. You said a president writing a book violates the clause. The comment I made that you quoted is in reference to the clause itself

Once again.

The Title of Nobility(Emoluments) Clause-

No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.

juan-williams-trump-is-failing-as-president.html

From FOX NEWS....

Juan Williams: Trump is failing as president

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/17/juan-williams-trump-is-failing-as-president.html

"So it’s no wonder Trump now walks alone. He remains a celebrity figure for his hardcore base. But 10 months into his presidency, Republicans are starting to drift away as he fails to deliver on nearly every major campaign promise he made.

That’s not my opinion. That’s a demonstrable fact.

The only way not to see Trump as a failure is to close your eyes to what all of us can see."

Trumps family business (which he is no longer involved in, it's run by his sons)

You do know this makes you seem retarded.

Any righties want to defend this assertion?

Last edited:
I guess we'd have to look at how this law has been applied in the past. Haw anyone ever been accused/impeached over it?

Well Newt was accused; obviously no president has ever been impeached over it.

Really comes down to these transactions being at fair value and largely unchanged from before his presidency.

If all of a sudden a Trump hotel becomes the foreign diplomat choice its pretty clear. Additionally if they are paying above market rates it would be a pretty clear attempt to sway favour thru Trump's personal profit.

But if neither are true no harm no foul.

juan-williams-trump-is-failing-as-president.html

From FOX NEWS....

Juan Williams: Trump is failing as president

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/17/juan-williams-trump-is-failing-as-president.html

"So it’s no wonder Trump now walks alone. He remains a celebrity figure for his hardcore base. But 10 months into his presidency, Republicans are starting to drift away as he fails to deliver on nearly every major campaign promise he made.

That’s not my opinion. That’s a demonstrable fact.

The only way not to see Trump as a failure is to close your eyes to what all of us can see."

He's a democratic strategist and one of the worst debaters in the history of cable news. They literally have Juan around to make other people look smarter on The Five

You do know this makes you seem retarded.

Any righties want to defend this assertion?

I believe that is legally the case. He signed over the buisiness to his kids.

What would their legal argument against that be? His kids can't own the buisiness?

This is it, ladies and gentlemen. Let’s all hold our breath!

I believe that is legally the case. He signed over the buisiness to his kids.

What would their legal argument against that be? His kids can't own the buisiness?
He still owns it. They are just running it.

If Trump is impeached for anything he's done up to this point, A LOT of other politican's heads would roll too--democrats and republicans alike. I just can't see any of these lawsuits or investigations going anywhere for that reason alone.

If Trump is impeached for anything he's done up to this point, A LOT of other politican's heads would roll too--democrats and republicans alike. I just can't see any of these lawsuits or investigations going anywhere for that reason alone.
Wouldn't it be glorious, though?

Back