Crime BREAKING: Orlando Gay Night-Club Attacked (50 Dead, 50+ Hospitalized) Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omar was apparently a closeted homosexual.
Every Afghan is a homosexual. Fucking little boys is an old tradition there. I guess he was feeling guilty because his attraction to men continued on with adult men, not just little boys.

Do you have your PAL?

I have not idea what that is, so probably not. I have no idea about guns, but I am seriously considering educating myself on them, learning to shoot and safely handle a gun and eventually buying one.

I doubt there were any misses early on. Think of how tightly packed clubs get; it's just a wall of people that's rows and rows deep.

That is a big part of it, yes.
Are you aware that statistics prove that handguns are vastly more used in homicides in the US? To the tune of something like used in 90% of gun homicides.

Virtually zero automatic weapons have been used in mass shootings in the US since the North Hollywood Bank Robbery in 1997.

One round can injure multiple people, especially in a club setting. If it just hit soft tissue and no bones, it isn't hard to see it hitting 2 people. Also, richochets can help salvage some missed shots. It was a popular club on a Saturday night. Person density was probably insane. Its a shame that no one tried to rush him, because they probably could have overwhelmed him easily.

I will admit I am not proficient in the topic of guns, but people here

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1116771

say they can reload in a span of a couple seconds. Also, if there was a second shooter, some of the survivors would have said sonething along those lines by now, no?

I don't know how large this club was, but if it was tightly packed, there probably were not that many misses in the beginning...

I heard an interview where someone said that a second person was blocking the door.

Predictable.

Other predictable outcomes that go against logic: Trump gets vilified further (done) and The LGBT community form closer ties with the "marginalized" Islamic community (done).

Not violence itself, just societal repulsiveness that can deal to things like hatred or in this case extreme repression of oneself.
That may be true to an extent, but the repulsion I think comes more from a place of knowing your kid will never make any grandkids more than actually hating gays as people. It's disappointment rather than vitriol. I would venture to say that having a monogamous lesbian daughter wouldn't be more disappointing to the parents than having a straight, slutty daughter. Gay guys are different though, so I think it's the thought of your kid getting used up and discarded by dudes that created this stigma.

I have not idea what that is, so probably not. I have no idea about guns, but I am seriously considering educating myself on them, learning to shoot and safely handle a gun and eventually buying one.
Possession and Acqusition License. Without it you can't just walk into Canadian Tire and purchase a firearm. It's a 5 hour safety course for unrestricted, and another 5 hour course for restricted guns, after that they do a background check. It's a good system imo.

I replied to this thread highlighting two ways Islam could be defeated like all other religions. You replied saying that approach won't more or less ever happen and because of how the western populace would react.

I agree. However it's still possible. I replied saying that anything is possible. The bit about "studied propaganda bro" was just for laughs but my point is that I feel it could be possible in a sort of global war scenario to see mass suppression of people's beliefs. And often the common folk have no say.

It's not likely but still.

After analyzing your suggestion, I regret to inform you that it will not work. I've extensively studied "Braveheart" and "Independence Day", and destroying symbolic entities/objects actually reinforce the will of the very people you are trying to destroy.

I think you're better off hopping on to the brain altering religion drug the other guy was talking about.

Because maybe, just maybe, if people loved each other a little bit more and focused less on hate, things like this would happen less often?

While I understand the impulse to write the "Love always wins" message as being superfluous and empty , I think about what I want to teach my nieces and nephews about the Orlando tragedy (They are all 6 and under).

I could teach them to not trust muslims, and that the religion is evil and vile, OR, I could tell them that the measure of a man is in his actions, not what God he prays to. Be tolerant and accepting of others beliefs, but never follow anything or anyone blindly.

If this terrorists father had sat him down one day and taught him it is wrong to hate homosexuality, even if you don't understand it, maybe he wouldn't have gone off the handle this way? (and by the sound of it, the guy was a closeted homosexual).

I could be wrong, maybe love isn't the answer (but then all of the uber religious people in this thread would have to concede that their belief system is fundamentally flawed) - but if hating or loving has no bearing on a given outcome, then I would rather live my life loving my fellow man than hating them. Less stress that way.

It is certainly important to encourage others to love one another. I completely agree with Roger Scruton who wrote, "I have no doubt that St Paul was right to recommend faith, hope and love (agape) as the virtues that order life to the greater good."

I find the mindless chanting of these slogans through the media is merely a naive and empty gesture. The version of love they are putting forth is more of a tyrannical silencing. If you criticize Islam or ask too many questions, then you are being hateful. Also, what is this "Love Wins" slogan supposed to achieve in a practical sense? Giving love and peace a chance is great, but how will that stop Islamic terrorist from killing people on a mass scale? It is brutally naive to go on about love and understanding while completely ignoring the fact that there is evil in the world and sometimes violence is necessary to combat that evil. Love is only part of the answer.

Here is Roger Scruton's quote in full: "I have no doubt that St Paul was right to recommend faith, hope and love (agape) as the virtues that order life to the greater good. But I have no doubt too that hope, detached from faith and untempered by the evidence of history, is a dangerous asset, and one that threatens not only those who embrace it, but all those within range of their illusions."

- from The Uses of Pessimist (2010) page 7

Welcome to the extreme right where Donny said the guy was born in Afghan (whatever that means), where posters in here were saying the creep had a bomb at the nightclub, where you actually think banning muslims is a real thing, where you think Donny will build a wall and make Mexico pay, where you think Donny is correct in complaining about a Mexican judge in his own civil suit and then suggested he would go after the judge if he was elected.

Then you go to the gun bullshit where people on the no fly list can still purchase firearms ( you know because the powerful NRA lobbied to keep that way), where a suspected radical that was interviewed by the FBI 3 times can still purchase a firearm and all the ammo he wants, and when someone brings up the debate, it turns to..."Obama is coming for your guns".

There is no common sense left and some of you have lost your fucking minds. (welcome to the extreme conservative way). A reasonable candidate can't even get close to getting through the primaries because you guys are nuts, Donny is giving Sara Palin credibility. I still think the brand building bullshitting con artist will run into another Mexican judge problem and realize his brand is taking a hit and will eventually take his ball and go home. He is the biggest liar to run for public office EVER, and he is making fools of you extreme people. He is basically outing the freaks.

Most of you get your "news" from basement blogging fools and think its real, some guy posted a satire website last night and thought it was real, only to have follow up posts agreeing.

Tell us more about what we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back