BREAKING: President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks.

proof positive. No matter what regulations are put forward, there is always going to some people who want more. Will never be satisfied.

If you give the gun grabbers an inch, they take a mile.

Don't even give one centimeter to the gun grabbers.

Only now are some of the gun grabbers coming out with their true desires, think of how many articles you've read in the last week talking about repealing the Second Amendment.

What did you two think of the 94 - 04 AWB?

(That is, if you were old enough to own guns at the time)

I did own a few guns then, but they were hunting and sporting "Brown" guns and not subject to any kind of weapons ban.

If you give the gun grabbers an inch, they take a mile.

Don't even give one centimeter to the gun grabbers.

Only now are some of the gun grabbers coming out with their true desires, think of how many articles you've read in the last week talking about repealing the Second Amendment.

You sir are a lunatic. Your boy Trump wants to ban bump stocks, make background checks harder to pass and increase the age to buy an assault rifle from 18 to 21. This is just the beginning son. Now is the time for common sense gun reform.

I'll bite.

As a recreational shooter and with regards to magazine capacity, I propose we stick with original design specifications. Fot instance, if a gun was designed around a 30 round magazine, a 30 round magazine should be legal. Inventors, innovators and designers spent lots of time, money, research, development and testing to arrive at the number which they did and it's usually intended to strike a balance between weight, form factor, reliability and durability.

So gun manufacturers can figure out how to re-design the weapons for a 5 round mag or 8 round mag. Other industries change with the times and it's time for the gun industry to do the same

I was strictly talking about bump stocks. Did Obama attempt to ban bump stocks like Trump is doing now? I heard that the NRA actually tried to encourage the Obama administration to ban bump stocks. The Obama administration chose not to because the current law didn’t allow regulation on bump stocks. Seems like that should’ve been a hint that the current regulations weren’t good enough.

I guess in Obama’s fairness, this is all easy to say after the Vegas shooting. Although if it’s true the NRA did warn the Obama administration about bump stocks & he chose not to put effort into banning them, that could be considered negligence.
Obama simply said that they couldn't be regulated by gun laws, I believe. But that's some legal shit I'm not familiar with.

My point is lawmakers are supposed to pass laws for the president to sign, so blaming the president is silly. I think most people would agree that Obama's stance on guns was too strict for right wingers' tastes.

You sir are a lunatic. Your boy Trump wants to ban bump stocks, make background checks harder to pass and increase the age to buy an assault rifle from 18 to 21. This is just the beginning son. Now is the time for common sense gun reform.

This right here is why so many gun owners don't want to have any kind of conversation about gun control. Good job proving the point that has been made by many.

What did you two think of the 94 - 04 AWB?

(That is, if you were old enough to own guns at the time)
didnt own any at the time. im against semi auto restriction.

i think if something is worth outright banning there should still be hoops to jump through to acquire.

full auto tax stamps ect.

You sir are a lunatic.
Insults confess the fact that you don't have good arguments. If you had better arguments, you wouldn't need the insults.

Your boy Trump wants to ban bump stocks,
We'll see ;)

make background checks harder to pass
That doesn't mean a universal background check.

So long as the right of private sale is preserved, President Trump is still serving his pro-individual rights base well.

and increase the age to buy an assault rifle from 18 to 21.
No federal legislation has been proposed to do any such thing (as of Feb 21).

You're getting confused with a proposal in the Florida state legislature.

I wouldn't support any such proposal. If a person is old enough to serve their country with a firearm, they are old enough to own a firearm privately.

This is just the beginning son.
If you say so. The NRA's long game is far superior to its opponents.

Now is the time for common sense gun reform.
What you may define as "common sense" may be completely unreasonable to me.

You're never going to make any meaningful policy change using subjective terms trying to get people to sacrifice objective, self evident rights.

This right here is why so many gun owners don't want to have any kind of conversation about gun control. Good job proving the point that has been made by many.

Too bad... It's happening whether you like it or agree with it or not. The gun control debate is LONG overdue. It's time for the 2nd amendment to be implemented the way it was written in 1791. Guns for a well regulated militia, not guns for everyone who wants them including assault rifles to be handed out to mentally ill teenagers

Too bad... It's happening whether you like it or agree with it or not. The gun control debate is LONG overdue. It's time for the 2nd amendment to be implemented the way it was written in 1791. Guns for a well regulated militia, not guns for everyone who wants them including assault rifles to be handed out to mentally ill teenagers
Never. Gonna. Happen. Keep dreaming though silly tard

Obama simply said that they couldn't be regulated by gun laws, I believe. But that's some legal shit I'm not familiar with.

My point is lawmakers are supposed to pass laws for the president to sign, so blaming the president is silly. I think most people would agree that Obama's stance on guns was too strict for right wingers' tastes.
The president has a lot of influence. Just like how Trump is bringing this to attention now. There’s a reason the NRA warned the Obama administration about bump stocks. I guarantee when the Vegas shooting happened, Obama looked back I regretted not doing more.

To be honest if bump stock were always illegal, the Vegas shooting still could’ve happened. Criminals don’t follow laws. And people can still achieve that fire rate without a bumb stock anyway.

Too bad... It's happening whether you like it or agree with it or not.
Whether you like it or not, no conversation about firearms in America will occur without the NRA having the most prominent seat at the table.

a well regulated militia,
This doesn't mean what you think it does.

Believe it or not, nomenclature changes over 200 years. "Regulated" wasn't synonymous with "subiect to state edicts" until shortly after the civil war.

Before that, someone who had a very well-balanced and nutritious diet would be said to have a "well-regulated diet".

Glad I could clear that up for you!

You have no idea what you are taking about.

A little reading to help you.

https://www.lectlaw.com/files/gun01.htm

I support guns, but I’m against people owning bump stocks. I think they should be illegal. That being said, I’m sure if a mass shooter wants a bumb stock, they will still be able to buy one or make one.

Yeah I mean that same logic goes for all gun laws.

Even if all guns were outlawed, people would still find a way to get them if they wanted to.

The president has a lot of influence. Just like how Trump is bringing this to attention now. There’s a reason the NRA warned the Obama administration about bump stocks. I guarantee when the Vegas shooting happened, Obama looked back I regretted not doing more.

Of course, but most people dramatically overstate the president's power. We'll have to wait and see if Trump can get progress on this but I suspect he'll hold one good position only to be talked out of it like he did with prescription drug prices and DACA. He is not principled so his positions change with the tide. He also doesn't seem to have an agenda at this point. And he doesn't have to political savvy to get things he wants included in bills, he just signs whatever is in front of him.

To be honest if bump stock were always illegal, the Vegas shooting still could’ve happened. Criminals don’t follow laws. And people can still achieve that fire rate without a bumb stock anyway.

I'm not a big gun owner type so I couldn't tell you what's possible or not with the bump stocks, so I'll take your word for it here. Sounds like you want to see the bump stocks illegal, which makes sense to me as well.

Yeah I mean that same logic goes for all gun laws.

Even if all guns were outlawed, people would still find a way to get them if they wanted to.
It's a bad line of reasoning though, right? Why have any laws?

Murder is illegal but people get murdered. Selling drugs is illegal but people still buy/sell them. On and on, millions of examples. So the idea that we shouldn't change laws because we're not confident the changes would have the perfectly desired effect is bad reasoning.

Back