BREAKING: President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks.

Yeah I mean that same logic goes for all gun laws.

Even if all guns were outlawed, people would still find a way to get them if they wanted to.
Well making them legal just means they are more accessible. And bump stocks serve absolutely no purpose so banning them won’t hurt anyone. I can actually picture a scenario where some dumbass mass shooter tries to buy a bump stock, gets busted & his whole plan gets thwarted.

It's a bad line of reasoning though, right? Why have any laws?

Murder is illegal but people get murdered. Selling drugs is illegal but people still buy/sell them. On and on, millions of examples. So the idea that we shouldn't change laws because we're not confident the changes would have the perfectly desired effect is bad reasoning.

Yeah - I never said don't have the laws, just saying criminals are going to criminal regardless.

Cigarettes are bad for you and effect others with second hand smoke. This second hand smoke can cause cancer and other health complications for those who do not even partake. Let's ban cigarettes! Alcohol and driving leads to a crazy amounts of deaths annually. Many of these victims of drunk driving do not partake in drinking alcohol whatsoever. Let's ban alcohol and drunk driving. It's a shame people are allowed to endanger the lives of others with no consequence!!

Well making them legal just means they are more accessible. And bump stocks serve absolutely no purpose so banning them won’t hurt anyone. I can actually picture a scenario where some dumbass mass shooter tries to buy a bump stock, gets busted & his whole plan gets thwarted.

Agreed - not really against having laws, I just don't know if they will have the effect people are hoping for. Criminals don't care about laws, but in your example, if law enforcement can use it to their advantage somehow to prevent these events, that's fine.

Cigarettes are bad for you and effect others with second hand smoke. This second hand smoke can cause cancer and other health complications for those who do not even partake. Let's ban cigarettes! Alcohol and driving leads to a crazy amounts of deaths annually. Many of these victims of drunk driving do not partake in drinking alcohol whatsoever. Let's ban alcohol and drunk driving. It's a shame people are allowed to endanger the lives of others with no consequence!!

Look ladies and gentleman... A caveman

Agreed - not really against having laws, I just don't know if they will have the effect people are hoping for. Criminals don't care about laws, but in your example, if law enforcement can use it to their advantage somehow to prevent these events, that's fine.
Yeah I think a ban will have a minimal impact. Since bump stocks are completely pointless, I don’t see any negative effect from banning them.

I think people that already purchased them will be pissed though. I say offer them a refund or something

28276573_1222167624594632_1478221938852270324_n.jpg

Look ladies and gentleman... A caveman
So you're saying you're not even as smart as a caveman? Because even they would know that gun control is a stupid idea. Oh, I forgot there aren't any shootings in gun free zones right?

Yeah I think a ban will have a minimal impact. Since bump stocks are completely pointless, I don’t see any negative effect from banning them.

I think people that already purchased them will be pissed though. I say offer them a refund or something

For sure, but I guess minimal impact is better than nothing.

Yeah even with a buy back I am sure gun nuts will not be very happy at all. Although, technically it's not taking away their guns so they should stfu.

I don't care if bump stocks are banned. They are designed for discharging a semi-automatic weapon with a rate of high that is similar to an automatic weapon by exchanging aim for rate of fire. Very helpful when shooting into an open field or crowd, less helpful anywhere else. If this is a compromise that will make people happy, cool.

It's a pretty smart move by Trump. It doesn't take much away from gun owners and it looks like progress to the lefties.

For sure, but I guess minimal impact is better than nothing.

Yeah even with a buy back I am sure gun nuts will not be very happy at all. Although, technically it's not taking away their guns so they should stfu.
How many lives you willing to trade for the guns?

Since the shooting there have been 4 or 5 arrests of high schoolers making threats to shoot up their schools. Had we taken the same action with Cruz with the many warnings we had over the past 7 years, 17 people would still be alive. Is this the fault of law abiding gun owners? No. Is this the fault of the NRA? No. Is this the fault of law enforcement for not taking action? Maybe. But the people should not lose their rights by way of bans because some psycho that was on everybody's radar carried out his attack. Don't take these threats lightly, report them!

How many lives you willing to trade for the guns?

Same question to you. Hitler, Mao and the Bolsheviks took around 100 million lives. Many corrupt countries are still taking their citizens lives. How many people thought Trump would be president. What happens if that were to happen to someone that is actually an authoritarian dictator type or corrupt communist type. Not even 100 years has gone by people being rounded up and killed by the millions. Hell America rounded up 100's of thousands of Americans of Japanese heritage during WW2.

"perfectly desired" ?

How about "proven to be ineffective" ? Can we logically be expected to get behind such laws?

Yeah - I never said don't have the laws, just saying criminals are going to criminal regardless.
Cool, however many people do make that leap which is why I mentioned it.

Same question to you. Hitler, Mao and the Bolsheviks took around 100 million lives. Many corrupt countries are still taking their citizens lives. How many people thought Trump would be president. What happens if that were to happen to someone that is actually an authoritarian dictator type or corrupt communist type. Not even 100 years has gone by people being rounded up and killed by the millions. Hell America rounded up 100's of thousands of Americans of Japanese heritage during WW2.
I think you misunderstood my post. I meant how many people will die before they give up their guns? I know I would and pretty much everyone I'm close to that own guns feel the same way. You can pry my firearms from my cold dead hands. The casualties would be horrific in a situation like that. But it seems like we are getting closer and closer to having a civil war in this country. Only this time it's Left vs. Right

Back