BREAKING: President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks.

Give 'em an inch, and they'll try to take a mile...

Get most to agree on bumpstocks then sneak in a bunch of other shit while justifying it with support for banning the stocks. Scummy.

For someone who swore to defend the Constitution in the military you don't seem to understand it.

Homie just said what he needed in order to cash in on the sweet GI Bill deal. :D

Most states will have you undergo training in order to carry a concealed weapon (ie carry in public).

What I'd actually favor is creating a two-tiered national licensing system. Tier 1 is buy any semi-automatic firearm you want and concealed carry in all 50 states. Once you get your license, no more background checks when buying firearms, no waiting period, no silly shit like magazine capacity. In order to get your license, you need to qualify on a pistol and rifle, assemble and disassemble the firearms, and demonstrate competency in regards to safety (no flagging, can safely load and reload, fix and clear a jam). All your background checks happen when you get your license, and if you are convicted of a crime, you lose your license or have it suspended as appropriate. Go ahead and cross state lines with your weapon, carry in all 50 states, and all person-to-person sales simply require that you show your license to one another. Tier 2 gets you any item you want, including automatic weapons. Basically, the same stuff applies.
sounds legit

One of the bills that I’m not sure if passed was restrictive of cleaning your own firearm.

Most state “rate increasing device” which could be interpreted as a lightened bolt, adjustable gas block, trigger job, reflex sights, muzzle brakes, different magazine.

Just write a law that says “we ban bumpfire stocks, everything else is okay” not hard at all

Especially Hawaii -they tried to use Marijuana licensing as a makeshift gun registry for mass confiscation for fucksakes lol

Especially Hawaii -they tried to use Marijuana licensing as a makeshift gun registry for mass confiscation for fucksakes lol

And they succeeded at putting us gun owners on the federal rap-back list so they can come confiscate.

Most states will have you undergo training in order to carry a concealed weapon (ie carry in public).

What I'd actually favor is creating a two-tiered national licensing system. Tier 1 is buy any semi-automatic firearm you want and concealed carry in all 50 states. Once you get your license, no more background checks when buying firearms, no waiting period, no silly shit like magazine capacity. In order to get your license, you need to qualify on a pistol and rifle, assemble and disassemble the firearms, and demonstrate competency in regards to safety (no flagging, can safely load and reload, fix and clear a jam). All your background checks happen when you get your license, and if you are convicted of a crime, you lose your license or have it suspended as appropriate. Go ahead and cross state lines with your weapon, carry in all 50 states, and all person-to-person sales simply require that you show your license to one another. Tier 2 gets you any item you want, including automatic weapons. Basically, the same stuff applies.

How often do you have to retest for your license?

Do you think it should include a psych exam?

How often do you have to retest for your license?

Do you think it should include a psych exam?
Probably treat it like a drivers license. You don’t retest unless something happens.

Not sure. I’m very sceptical of giving an unelected doctor the ability to determine whether or not you have access to a Constituitonal right. But I’m not totally dismissive of a test up front.

You're certainly partisan though.
Really? You know me well apparently haha, oh wait
Im pro choice, voted to legalize marijuana and gay marriage, and have never voted for a Republican candidate besides Arnold...

Mad partisan bro

Really? You know me well apparently haha, oh wait
Im pro choice, voted to legalize marijuana and gay marriage, and have never voted for a Republican candidate besides Arnold...

Mad partisan bro

latest

I didnt say i instead voted for a DEM...

Ive never voted for President as i didnt like any candidate
Im from Cali, 1, so why bother unless really adament, and i feel state proposition votes have a much higher direct impact on my life so i do vote for those

I didnt say i instead voted for a DEM...

Ive never voted for President as i didnt like any candidate
Im from Cali, 1, so why bother unless really adament, and i feel state proposition votes have a much higher direct impact on my life so i do vote for those

I was commenting on you voting for Arnold.

It's so weird how in the pre-Trump era that was such a silly candidacy. Now, in retrospect and compared to Trump, Arnold looks like George Washington.

Anyways, I thought Gray Davis was a pretty good governor and got a bit of a bum wrap due to sleaze bags on the right.

I was commenting on you voting for Arnold.

It's so weird how in the pre-Trump era that was such a silly candidacy. Now, in retrospect and compared to Trump, Arnold looks like George Washington.

Anyways, I thought Gray Davis was a pretty good governor and got a bit of a bum wrap due to sleaze bags on the right.
well in my defense, i was like 18/19 the first time he ran and it was that or IIRC Bustamante and a bunch of celeb cans?that or Angelides, can't remember exactly

plus he was hilarious in the debates

Probably treat it like a drivers license. You don’t retest unless something happens.

Not sure. I’m very sceptical of giving an unelected doctor the ability to determine whether or not you have access to a Constituitonal right. But I’m not totally dismissive of a test up front.

Not bad, but how about a tier 3 for old style weapons, revolvers, bolt action rifles, break action shotguns that fall under the old system.

i can dig it but how will those involved in the person-to-person sale scenario know that the others license is valid?

Small numbers die and we gotta upend the 2nd. Supposedly our whole system was subverted by foreigners and zero talk of restricting the 1st. How we gonna stop that interference with unfettered free speech. Rights aren't unlimited. Time to not let anyone publish an opinion anonymously.

i can dig it but how will those involved in the person-to-person sale scenario know that the others license is valid?
The best I can offer is that when the license is suspended, it is confiscated by the legal system until which time it can be reactivated and reclaimed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back