BREAKING: President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks.

Not bad, but how about a tier 3 for old style weapons, revolvers, bolt action rifles, break action shotguns that fall under the old system.
Those could easily fall under the Tier 1 category. Or are you talking about an even lower set of requirements for these weapons? I could generally get on board with that. Perhaps you could even qualify for these with some kind of “learners permit” or something. I’ll admit the whole idea hasn’t been totally fleshed out yet in my head. Just a general framework.

The best I can offer is that when the license is suspended, it is confiscated by the legal system until which time it can be reactivated and reclaimed
Might have to have an FFL dealer as a neutral 3rd party. Unless a tier 2 , in your scenario, would be a substitute for a FFL .

Twhen the license is suspended, it is confiscated by the legal system
Wait. So - their guns don't get confiscated at the same time their license gets suspended?

You call that gun control? What exactly is it that makes you hate children sooooooo much?

Might have to have an FFL dealer as a neutral 3rd party. Unless a tier 2 , in your scenario, would be a substitute for a FFL .
Honestly, I'd like to get rid of the FFL as concept if I can. In my scenario, guns can move across state lines because there is a unified set of national laws about what is and isn't good.

Trump is talking about going further than bump stocks. A tweet earlier today:

"I will be strongly pushing Comprehensive Background Checks with an emphasis on Mental Health. Raise age to 21 and end sale of Bump Stocks! Congress is in a mood to finally do something on this issue - I hope!"

Wow, sounds like a fucking Democrat. I wonder how the Trumpsters in middle America will react to this one. That, or he holds these positions for a week or so and totally flips after speaking to NRA leaders or some shit.

"The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72 hours if a potential gun owner has a record."
-Democrat Donald J. Trump, (c)2000

Honestly, I'd like to get rid of the FFL as concept if I can. In my scenario, guns can move across state lines because there is a unified set of national laws about what is and isn't good.
Yeah I was saying your "tier 2" would essentially replace the FFL. So if two tier 1s wanted to make a transaction they would need to have a tier 2 present to certify the transaction. Similar to a notary.

Yeah I was saying your "tier 2" would essentially replace the FFL. So if two tier 1s wanted to make a transaction they would need to have a tier 2 present to certify the transaction. Similar to a notary.
What I'm kind of envisioning is two people showing up in a public place like any time you buy a weapon off ArmsList or something. Instead of asking to see their state ID (assuming they do), you just ask to see their Firearms License. If you are buying something other than an automatic weapon, you just need to see a Tier 1 license, and you're good to go. If you're buying your own M240B, then you will need to see a Tier 2 license. If the police enter your home on a warrant for a crime, see a pile of weapons (like a black market dealer), and you can't produce an appropriate license for the levels of firearms, then you're done. If you're a black market dealer with a bunch of illegal firearms, then you get a firearms charge for every weapon that you have. You're probably going to jail for life...

"As usual, the opportunists waited not one second to exploit tragedy for political gain," said Mr LaPierre, who is head of the National Rifle Association (NRA). "They hate the NRA. They hate the second amendment. They hate individual freedom," he said...

"As usual, the opportunists waited not one second to exploit tragedy for political gain," said Mr LaPierre, who is head of the National Rifle Association (NRA). "They hate the NRA. They hate the second amendment. They hate individual freedom," he said...

Colbert nailed this down pretty hard, funny enough.

That reminds me of when the Las Vegas shooting occurred and Hilary said something about needing to change gun laws, many on the right (including the White House) talked about how it was exploiting a nationally tragedy,but when the NYC terrorist ran over people with his truck, Trump started talking about improving vetting and terminating the diversity lottery program.

Back