BREAKING: Shooting at the NSA, Fort Mead

Even the RSOC at Gordon had security that I thought was overkill. I needed a badge just to get in even though I was already wearing a uniform with my name on it plus my military ID.

Same with me but that's how clearance works. It's a need to know thing. If I have a top secret clearance, I don't get clearance to see all top secret stuff.

Most people don't know that.

Same with me but that's how clearance works. It's a need to know thing. If I have a top secret clearance, I don't get clearance to see all top secret stuff.

Most people don't know that.
Kind of a silly idea when you think about it. I needed to get secret clearance for some security work. It would be pretty laughable to turn up at CSIS expecting free reign to read their shit lol

Making no apologies for rooting for the "terrorist".

Some people believe in the US Constitution, and some are domestic enemies of the US Constitution.

But what's the action? The what, when, and how need to be answered, lest we cede those advantages. It's not just the US being a victim here, the Australians have lost big too.

In what ways are we ceding the lead in innovation? I think we have a lot to do in getting clean energy up to par, but as it stands, America is at the forefront of most technological and medical innovation. American companies like Apple and Amazon are at the forefront of not only tech, but manufacturing and distribution, respectively. Smaller companies pop up in Silicon Valley every day. Most of the disruptive technologies of the last 20 years have been made in America.
Refinement of current technology is not innovation.

US is losing the innovation war — to China
The United States Is Losing Its Competitive Advantage

The U.S. is losing the race on clean energy innovation, despite President Obama’s efforts to boost competitiveness in the sector.
Why China is beating the U.S. at innovation

They all tell much the same story in different ways.

Threat to whom? That's a relative question. The Ukrainians might feel differently...

No, the Chinese have not fought kinetic wars. They have used other tactics. I think the war in Afghanistan was a good idea, although it should have been conducted differently. Going into Iraq was a mistake.

Both are countries with nuclear weapons, ambition, and strategic interests beyond their own borders. Both threaten the world's balance of power and homeostasis. Arguing in a relativist manner about who did what or why really doesn't matter, as we are talking about the future, not the past.

Is the future more CIA color revolutions, and unconstitutional security state being built?

Until that changes, I don't give a shit if Russia and China do all the things we pioneered.

White Guy--3:1
Muslim Guy--5:1
Trump Hater--7:1
Confused Old Person/Veteran--40:1
Woman--10000:1

Place your bets!

Old white islamic female veteran who was protesting Trump.

So these articles talk about a changing trend, not a changed trend. While these certainly give me cause for concern, the sky isn't falling yet. Part of this is China's huge growth pattern that they've had for the past several years, and they continue to emerge as a market leader. But they are also going up against the biggest economic force in the world, and that's not nothing.

Hopefully, everyone is alright. I hope that none of the wounds are serious and that the perp is locked up for life.

Is there any information on the driver and his intentions? It just sends odd considering the facts. Three male occupants. Only shots fired from gate officer(s). Driver rammed something, maybe the gate office or did he hit the gate guard and crash into the barricades? With this little bit of information it also seems like maybe the driver was distracted or hit the gas at the wrong time and the gate officer tried to stop him not knowing it was an accidental. Just based on the limited facts I'm reading, it doesn't make sense as a deliberate attack of some sort. Maybe he was intoxicated or some argument occurred?

Threat to whom? That's a relative question. The Ukrainians might feel differently...

No, the Chinese have not fought kinetic wars. They have used other tactics. I think the war in Afghanistan was a good idea, although it should have been conducted differently. Going into Iraq was a mistake.

Both are countries with nuclear weapons, ambition, and strategic interests beyond their own borders. Both threaten the world's balance of power and homeostasis. Arguing in a relativist manner about who did what or why really doesn't matter, as we are talking about the future, not the past.

Who scares me more than China and Russia? Pakistan. They have around 150 nuclear weapons and dozens of facilities with materials suitable for dirty bombs. Where was Bin Laden found? Pakistan, and right outside one of their major intelligence based too. They give shelter to a half dozen different seriously dangerous terrorist groups including Al Qaeda and ISIS. They've been taking millions of dollars from us in aid and defense while sheltering the Taliban for 17 years during our war against them. They can't be trusted, but if we don't try then they'll just be even worse. How long until they get access to nuclear material? I don't see China or Russia actually letting anything major go down. Pakistan though? What's stopping terrorists from seizing a nuclear facility ou bribing supporters who work in one to help them steal material? Then it's on a boat to America.

The sarcasm is so equi-bias thick ITT my jimmies are both confused and double-pissed as a result.

@FacePunch call out "would Ripskater say that" mind-bender. Would be awesome at that development.

So these articles talk about a changing trend, not a changed trend. While these certainly give me cause for concern, the sky isn't falling yet. Part of this is China's huge growth pattern that they've had for the past several years, and they continue to emerge as a market leader. But they are also going up against the biggest economic force in the world, and that's not nothing.
They're also more than a year old. And no, I agree it's not a done deal but they have the momentum.

I do. I sound like a Cold War relic, but I believe that Russia is the biggest threat to stability in the free world today. I also think that the Chinese are a bunch of imperialist and underhanded bastards. Neither of these countries are our friends in the long term.

China is depressing! Have you seen the chinese knock off toys? That will be the future for our Children.

Well, the Chinese aren’t playing by the rules. It’s a norm for countries to spy on other countries, and that’s probably fine. I think we are all generally pretty cool with that. But when countries spy on companies to rip them off for an economic advantage, that’s a deviation from traditional norms. At least it’s the emergence of a new norm. Ultimately, we need to decide on whether or not to collectively slap the Chinese in the pee-pee for this, or do we all accept this escalation as part of the new norms of the future?

Haha the pee pee!!

Back