Brendan Schaub explains backstage blowout with Nate Diaz at Mayweather vs McGregor fight

It seems Schaub did disrespect (and is lying?) Nate:
@ :14 Diaz: "It's all good though. It's just your lack of knowledge though."
@ :18 Schaub: "He tee'd off on you."
@ :26 Schaub: "I think you're wrong"
@ :28 Diaz: "F*ck you."

Diaz seemed to be semi-cordial (for himself) until Schaub's insult @ :18.

In the following video, Schaub to Rogan @ 2:34:

(However, in the above video, it appears Schaub's remark at :18, "He tee'd off on you" "is what triggered him." @ :28, Diaz, "F*ck you.")

Edit: Additional footage appears to support the "He tee'd off on you." comment.

@ :32 Schaub, ". . . f*ckin' a** beat."
@ :33 Diaz, "Remember your carreer? P*ssy."

Thank you , Shaub for the most part can be entertaining but he invested too much and showed his bias , nate called him, granted the comment that Nate told Shuab he didn't know what was seeing was triggered by Shaub insisting with sherdog logic refusing to see what really happened

Brendan says "yea but I didn't see you(inaudible), he tee'd off on you."

Nate was having more like a friendly gesture, avoiding eye contact during the first part of it until Brendan says something below the belt. If you watch during the conversation, mates kinda looking around and Brendan's like staring him down the whole time with a bully mentality until nate realizes this dude is trying to one up him big time. It is what it is.
Good observation. I got that feeling, too. Nate had a more friendly, spirited, realz debate attitude.

While Schaub got embarrassed (whether rightfully so) and insulted (while slightly out of control) Diaz; trying to save his own face in front of the "Showtime executives."

marvin88 said:
@ :14 Diaz: "It's all good though. It's just your lack of knowledge though."
@ :18 Schaub: "He tee'd off on you."
@ :26 Schaub: "I think you're wrong"
@ :28 Diaz: "F*ck you."
@ :32 Schaub: ". . . f*ckin' a** beat."
@ :33 Diaz: "Remember your carreer? P*ssy."

(Maybe, Diaz made a quick comeback joke, implying Schaub got his "f*ckin' a** beat" in his career, too.)

Last edited:
Schaub is the president of Conor's groupie club, and Nate shut his groupie ass down.

That's all.

Already posted.

Nate just being a bitter bitch... Brendan has nothing to gain trying to argue you with some who wants to fight for free in public! Brendan has a career outside fighting Nate has fuck all outside it

Ok orange belt. Nate has nothing outside? Yeah there aren't tons of marijuana companies and other companies endorsing him and keeping his pockets thick. Nate kept it real, he's as real as it gets. You're a fucking idiot.

LOL you are getting upset.

Brendan talked it up on Rogan's podcast and made it seem like it was more than what it really was. Schaub got on his nuts and Nate just herb'd him off, Schaub said something snarky so Nate called him a bitch and flipped him off. You'll see shit like that at bars and clubs on any given night.
To be fair I hate Brendan but Nate started the shit. Instead of using words to articulate his opinion he attacks Brendan about his knowledge of boxing and shit when the discussion goes past Nate's 3 sentence limit. Where Brendan replys with "well you got pieced up by Conor" to which Nate begins to act like every ghetto "tough guy" I know in my town.

Lets start a fist fight over some words and a difference in opinion. Love watching a Diaz brother fight but damn are they trashy.

Plus Nate was too small for WW so fights at LW, Rumble was way way too big for WW he had no business fighting at anything other than LHW. He was way more successful once he fought in his proper weight class.

Exactly. Using him as an example of a WW is literally a 1 of 1 exception

Has anyone tweeted Brendan the video with the subtitles showing that he said "tee'd off" and has he responded? He says he didn't say "tee-d off" but he clearly did say that.

Has anyone tweeted Brendan the video with the subtitles showing that he said "tee'd off" and has he responded? He says he didn't say "tee-d off" but he clearly did say that.
Yes, I just did. Waiting for response . . .

Last edited:
Here's a new posted video titled Corrected. However, it is 4 seconds shorter than the original, at 40 seconds duration. (Possible coverup/edit?)

At :18 seconds, the subtitle is "I think you're off on that." While in the original video @ :18, the subtitle is "He tee'd off on you."

Edit: Listening to it again @ :18, Schaub seems to be saying, "He's off on that," addressing the crowd. Not sure though.

XETINFO MMA
Published on Aug 31, 2017
(CORRECTED SUBTITLES) What Nate Diaz and Brendan Schaub Argued about backstage after MayMac Fight
Plus Extended Footage which shows Nate Diaz take shot on Brendan Schaub's Career
Video Credit- @ojentertainment on Twitter:

Original unedited with subtitles, 44 seconds duration.

The MMA Beatdown
Published on Aug 29, 2017:

Last edited:
Brendan tried to lie.

He gets butt-hurt because a smaller man calls him out on his bullshit, then he tries to say "well he tee'd off on you".

Mate, Nate Diaz is 1000% a better fighter than you can ever dream of being, with your sugar-glass chin and overrated BJJ.

Schaub is the president of Conor's groupie club, and Nate shut his groupie ass down.

That's all.
Probably some kind dichotomy-thinking like that behind Nate's reasoning in the situation, "neither you with me or against me, and since Conor is guest from Ireland and you are an American you should be loyal with team Diaz".

Nate acted pretty aggro in the video - but I agree with him.

He didn't have to say " thats just because you dont know boxing " or something like that.

Brendan just said "I think you're off on that" and Nate starts disrespecting him about his career like a child. I'm a smaller guy and I just don't see how Nate, who is lucky there are weight divisions to even allow him to have a career, can go talking shit on a guy who would easily beat his ass.

Honestly, Nate Diaz's career hasn't even been that great. He got lucky to talk himself into the Conor fight, went one and one, and really just has a couple impressive wins outside of that. Now he refuses to fight anyone but Conor because he knows his chances of beating the guys at top of the division are slim. It's impossible to take him seriously.

Brendan just said "I think you're off on that" and Nate starts disrespecting him about his career like a child. I'm a smaller guy and I just don't see how Nate, who is lucky there are weight divisions to even allow him to have a career, can go talking shit on a guy who would easily beat his ass.

Honestly, Nate Diaz's career hasn't even been that great. He got lucky to talk himself into the Conor fight, went one and one, and really just has a couple impressive wins outside of that. Now he refuses to fight anyone but Conor because he knows his chances of beating the guys at top of the division are slim. It's impossible to take him seriously.

You got it twisted. Nate is refusing to anybody except Conor because he wants the payday. He knows Conor doesn't want to defend his belt against the other sharks of the division so Nate has nothing to prove. The second Conor won the title and counting; Nate Diaz has been the number one contender. No matter what line the UFC tries to sell you they can't make Conor change his mind.

You got it twisted. Nate is refusing to anybody except Conor because he wants the payday. He knows Conor doesn't want to defend his belt against the other sharks of the division.
I get that. He's protecting himself from losing his position as McGregor's most compelling matchup. If he were confident in his ability to win against Ferguson, Nate's matchup with Conor as an interim champion would make the fight even more compelling and an even bigger draw. But instead, he's taking the safe route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back