Brendan Schaub Goes Off on Dana White: The UFC Is Better Off With A New President - Massive Rant

I watched about 3 mins of it. Reeked of Schaub trying to get his own “I think you’d be surprised” moment. Trying to get deep but came off too preachy, even though he’s right.

Of course is manageable, but, like you said, sometimes unfair. And it matters for some.

My arguments are:

1. It is not fair for some fighters
- Cody getting a rematch after no title defense and winning the belt by decision (meanwhile, fighters like Assuncao are left outside). Stipe not getting a rematch after 3 title defenses. TJ didn't get a rematch right away after 2 defenses and a SD against Cruz.
- Bisping defending against Hendo.
- Chael getting 3 TS in UFC.
- Brock getting a TS after being 1-1 in UFC.
- And I can keep continue...

2. The actual rankings are shit.
- Nate diaz still ranked #9 at LW (he hasn't fought at LW since 2015)
- Conor ranked #2 at LW (1 fight at LW)
- Ngannou (0-2) ranked before Volkov (4-0 in UFC)
- Cain being ranked for more than 2 years, although he was 1-1 three years ago

3. It would stop fighters from cherry picking fights.

I don't understand what do you have against real rankings based on no of wins, win/loss ratio, striking percentage, TDD and so on... Why do you prefer that the media (some of the guys who make the rankings haven't wrote about MMA in months, you can verify) do these rankins?
Dont like your boss? Quit and join a new company.

And this is something new? Dana white has been a smug piece of shit for years now...
kH9mO.gif
<31>

Listened to almost 4 minutes of Schaub criticizing Dana for "shitting on fighters".... when this whole drama started from Schaub criticizing Israel....
Could Schaub be more wrong??? (not about Dana attacking fighters,which he does, but in this case, it all started by Dana PROTECTING a fighter from schaub)

He didn't critize Israel but Saki - which he was right about.

herzog-new.jpg

It's too bad Klaus Kinski is dead. They need someone with his calm demeanor to deal with these crazy fighters missing weight and getting injured.

Dana is similar to Trump in a lot of ways, very childish & throws temper tantrums whenever things don't go as he plannned

Of course is manageable, but, like you said, sometimes unfair. And it matters for some.

My arguments are:

- Cody getting a rematch after no title defense and winning the belt by decision (meanwhile, fighters like Assuncao are left outside). Stipe not getting a rematch after 3 title defenses. TJ didn't get a rematch right away after 2 defenses and a SD against Cruz.

I don't understand what do you have against real rankings based on no of wins, win/loss ratio, striking percentage, TDD and so on... Why do you prefer that the media (some of the guys who make the rankings haven't wrote about MMA in months, you can verify) do these rankins?

I think you (like many others) misinterpret the UFC's position in regards to the sport of MMA. The UFC is to MMA, like the WWE is to actual wrestling. When you view what the UFC/Dana White does from that perspective, it's easier to put up with their BS. While still enjoying combat between to fighters.

My arguments are:

chael didn't deserve the jones fight only, and he only got that because he was willing to step in short notice, and when jones declined there was actually fan interest. as for who gets an immediate rematch vs who doesn't circumstances and other potential opponents matter too. you can't apply a formula. and again, almost universally title shots go to worthy contenders. hendo and gsp are literally the only exceptions and gsp is a legend who of course gets preferential treatment (even if many just claim dana hates him)
the rankings aren't shit and they are more for marketing anyway.
again there's very little cherry picking that happens.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-title-fights-legit.3794639/

because those stats will through out stupid answers.

1. the rankings aren't shit and they are more for marketing anyway.

2. again there's very little cherry picking that happens.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-title-fights-legit.3794639/

3. because those stats will through out stupid answers.

1. they still matter when making fights. and how can you say they aren't shit? nate ranked, conor ranked #2, cain ranked #3 for two years, ngannou before volkov, many old ufc fighters kept at the top, even if they have many losses. Or keeping inactive fighters ranked, while the younger ones are left outside.

2. Interesting thread. And still, you opened threads like this one. You are trying to find a solution too.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/defend-the-title.3695775/

3. Not if you use them right. It doesn't have to be always #2 vs #4 and #11 vs #13. And it's still better than...
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-guys-who-make-the-rankings.3720851/

These are the p4p rankings, according to Christoffer Esping
http://www.ufc.com/rankings?fb_comment_id=6086517324953#f1a4a8af5912e38
1 Conor McGregor
2 Georges St-Pierre
3 Daniel Cormier
4 TJ Dillashaw
5 Cody Garbrandt
6 Dominick Cruz
7 Demetrious Johnson
8 Robert Whittaker

The world would be better off without schaub so... make it happen Brendan.

Brendan sounded butt-hurt initially but then started giving really good and inspirational advice.

He didn't critize Israel but Saki - which he was right about.
That's a BS excuse. We both know he was using Saki as an example, but he meant "also applies to Israel" which was the underlying message.
By the way, even Israel noted he understood that (and there was no need to explain). But the fact is, every time Israel name was brought up, Schaub would undermine and word caution... even picking his opponents to win the fight against him.

But again, the thing is: Schaub goes on a lengthy tirade about protecting the fighter from their Boss when in reality, their boss was the one attacking Schaub for dissing a fighter. Bottom line, Schaub was trying to twist the argument.

1. they still matter when making fights. and how can you say they aren't shit? nate ranked, conor ranked #2, cain ranked #3 for two years, ngannou before volkov, many old ufc fighters kept at the top, even if they have many losses. Or keeping inactive fighters ranked, while the younger ones are left outside.
they don't matter much when making fights. the fights are made and the rankings often align.
2. Interesting thread. And still, you opened threads like this one. You are trying to find a solution too.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/defend-the-title.3695775/
that thread was to highlight how impossible it is to develop a "system".

3. Not if you use them right. It doesn't have to be always #2 vs #4 and #11 vs #13. And it's still better than...
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-guys-who-make-the-rankings.3720851/
again, the rankings are for marketing.
p4p is meaningless. its for marketing.

Listened to almost 4 minutes of Schaub criticizing Dana for "shitting on fighters".... when this whole drama started from Schaub criticizing Israel....
Could Schaub be more wrong??? (not about Dana attacking fighters,which he does, but in this case, it all started by Dana PROTECTING a fighter from schaub)
he said he was the real deal on BTB BEFORE his last fight

Dana White wants to get fired so he can have his golden parachute.

I can’t stand Shaubs voice. How did he make a successful career talking with a voice like that ? Top it off with he’s not even funny or likable. How did he fucking do it? I’m so confused

This whole kerfuffle between Brendan & Dana = Basically "You catch more flies with honey then vinegar" .

The only thing about DW is the fact that like all CEO's he’s a dick but he doesn’t hide it. I like it if dicks are out in the open so I can spot them.......

Wait what…?

<30>

I'm with Schaub on this one. The UFC has gone as far as they can go with Dana at the helm.

Back