Brendan Schaub Goes Off on Dana White: The UFC Is Better Off With A New President - Massive Rant

he said he was the real deal on BTB BEFORE his last fight
did you hear Israel's side of the story? It seems you did not.
Question is: why are you so invested in defending Schaub?

Schaub was being really disingenuous about Francis. Schaub talked so much shit about him after the Stipe fight. I remember him saying that Francis is to old to learn anything new and how Francis could be beaten by a crossfitter who knew how to wrestle.
Schaub also repeatedly has said that Dana White is the only one that could do that job.

lol schaub isn't gonna be the one to bring down dana hahahaha

And this is something new? Dana white has been a smug piece of shit for years now...
kH9mO.gif
he apparently takes advantage of bi curious/gay ufc fighters. the girl ones anyways.

part of the ufc culture is open communication with the fans. that includes giving real feedback. that's what they want. dana brings that. when he's critical of fights, it's almost always universally felt by the fans as well. he's saying what the fans are thinking. is it wrong to come from the president? i can't say it's wrong. it's how they choose to interact with the public. can he be a dick? of course.

the cain jds fight he wore his emotions on his sleeve. was it fair to cain (or jds)? no. was it a real reaction in the moment? yes, and that's part of the deal.

people think that a "commissioner" type spokesman would be better - that's simply not their model. he's not a commissioner.

i agree that when dana goes offensive it's usually not a good look but again, it's part of the package.
How can you expect someone to get over when the president of the company is shitting on its own product? Whatever positives gained from him doing this are disproportionate to the negative today.

How can you expect someone to get over when the president of the company is shitting on its own product? Whatever positives gained from him doing this are disproportionate to the negative today.
what does get over mean?

the president doesn't shit on his own product. when a fight sucks, it's ok for the public face of the organization to acknowledge it sucked. everyone else knows it sucked. the idea that the better approach is to not acknowledge what everyone knows is silly. make believe the boos weren't real?

maybe there's a different example i'm not thinking of...

This whole kerfuffle between Brendan & Dana = Basically "You catch more flies with honey then vinegar" .

The only thing about DW is the fact that like all CEO's he’s a dick but he doesn’t hide it. I like it if dicks are out in the open so I can spot them.......

Wait what…?

<30>
you sure you meant to say "spot" them??

<{yearp}>

what does get over mean?

the president doesn't shit on his own product. when a fight sucks, it's ok for the public face of the organization to acknowledge it sucked. everyone else knows it sucked. the idea that the better approach is to not acknowledge what everyone knows is silly. make believe the boos weren't real?

maybe there's a different example i'm not thinking of...
Get support from fans. I'm not asking for him to deny reality, only that diplomacy is far more beneficial for everyone involved because the fans and the media will be tearing those fights/fighters apart with or without a soundbyte from him. He's only giving them more ammunition to deride his own assets.

Get support from fans. I'm not asking for him to deny reality, only that diplomacy is far more beneficial for everyone involved because the fans and the media will be tearing those fights/fighters apart with or without a soundbyte from him. He's only giving them more ammunition to deride his own assets.
give me an example.....

sound bites saying that ngannou shit the bed against beast is letting the fans (and fighters) know that is not the product they want to present. it's not additional ammunition. it's the type of thing they want to avoid.

give me an example.....

sound bites saying that ngannou shit the bed against beast is letting the fans (and fighters) know that is not the product they want to present. it's not additional ammunition. it's the type of thing they want to avoid.
I'll try to get you a signed affidavit with graphs and shit. Christ.

I'll try to get you a signed affidavit with graphs and shit. Christ.
Ok. More specifically do you object to calling out ngannou after his last fight? Acknowledging he sucked.

I’m beginning to sound like a broken record, I agree with Schaub’s long winded repetitive idea that a man of DW’s status feeding and fueling negativity through social media is way below where he needs to be and is a really bad look.

Again I can’t believe Shutdown Schaub is a real thing again...!
<{you!}>

This kind of shit is so annoying. Fuck off, call the dude a scumbag, and he says go do your homework and he comes abck all upset and hurt because of it. Fucking kids now a days think they can spew whatever nonsense they want but go home crying to mommy when they get called on it or have to face the reprecussions of trying to act big.

"you are such a scumbag"

"go to bed"

"OMG I can't believe you just said that wha wha wha wha"
/end rant sorry lol

Ok. More specifically do you object to calling out ngannou after his last fight? Acknowledging he sucked.
Acknowledging the fight was disappointing is fine. It would be insulting to say anything else. But he didn't stop there, did he? He also rambled about Ngannou's ego and how it ran wild. Completely unnecessary.

Acknowledging the fight was disappointing is fine. It would be insulting to say anything else. But he didn't stop there, did he? He also rambled about Ngannou's ego and how it ran wild. Completely unnecessary.
that's your opinion. but just saying a guy was terrible without any other context doesn't give any indication as to why we should expect anything different next time. again, you can have the view that all he should say is acknowledge that he was terrible, but there's reasons to say more. for better or worse his job is to give more. that's the contract he has.

Back