Bret Hart Shawn Michaels

Hart was white-hot coming off of Montreal; WCW could've brought him, and pushed him right off the bat, and it would've drew money. Instead, they brought him in a month later, to work an angle against 50yr old Flair. And no offense to Ric, but that was a huge wasted opportunity by WCW. And that's just the first in a line of questionable booking. WCW booking just continually got worse after '97.

Hogan and Nash were definitely in Bischoff's ear which cooled off Hart's momentum for sure

Hogan and Nash were definitely in Bischoff's ear which cooled off Hart's momentum for sure

I remember being in like 6th grade when NWO took over Nitro, and they brought Hart out (this was the same night, right?), and just being like "HOLY SHIT, Bret Hart is in WCW!!!" Then they did jack shit with him, insisting upon Hogan's old ass, and not Hart wrestling Sting. That was what I wanted.

I remember being in like 6th grade when NWO took over Nitro, and they brought Hart out (this was the same night, right?), and just being like "HOLY SHIT, Bret Hart is in WCW!!!" Then they did jack shit with him, insisting upon Hogan's old ass, and not Hart wrestling Sting. That was what I wanted.

From what I remembered, they didn't even bring him out right away. They waited a couple of weeks, and by then his momentum had cooled off, they gave him REALLY SHITTY entrance music (which was one of the biggest parts of what made him badass), then they made him a REFEREE in his debut.

HUH?! You have the absolute biggest free agent in the industry, the WORLD CHAMP from the enemy and that's how you use him?

WCW absolutely sunk their ship at the end of 97, WWF/Stone Cold never looked back as soon as 1998 began.

From what I remembered, they didn't even bring him out right away. They waited a couple of weeks, and by then his momentum had cooled off, they gave him REALLY SHITTY entrance music (which was one of the biggest parts of what made him badass), then they made him a REFEREE in his debut.

HUH?! You have the absolute biggest free agent in the industry, the WORLD CHAMP from the enemy and that's how you use him?

WCW absolutely sunk their ship at the end of 97, WWF/Stone Cold never looked back as soon as 1998 began.

I remember seeing Bret in that Limo. He was probably like "aren't I a professional wrestler?"

They sunk WCW for the nwo. The horseman carried them for the better part of a decade, then they simply discard them, especially when Malenko and Benoit were ascendant.

I remember seeing Bret in that Limo. He was probably like "aren't I a professional wrestler?"

They sunk WCW for the nwo. The horseman carried them for the better part of a decade, then they simply discard them, especially when Malenko and Benoit were ascendant.

They did a LOT of stupid shit to be fair lol

They did a LOT of stupid shit to be fair lol

You dont say
Jeff+Jarrett+makes+Mongo+pin+him.gif

smile.gif

Hart Austin survivor series 96 is as great as their mania match but not mentioned nearly as much

Agree 100% on the SS match, all of their work together was brilliant. Including the night after Wrestlemania 13 when Austin took Bret out in a street fight. That feud was done very well and gave us anti-American Hart and face Steve Austin.

Back