International Brexit News & Discussion v7: British Parliament Rejects Theresa May's Brexit Deal (Again)

52 > 48. All noise to try and ice you into another vote because the first one didn't go as planned. Get it done.

Last edited:
ECJ: Britain can just cancel Brexit if they feel like it. No agreement with EU necessary.

Brexiteers will view this is a move by the pro-EU crowd, but actually this is another tool for hard Brexit fans. Why should MPs agree to Mays deal now? If you are pro-EU or pro-economy, you'd rather cancel the whole thing. And what maximizes chances of cancelling? Impending chaos via hard Brexit. But I don't think any MP could find the balls to do that in the political climate.

Interesting considering the timing of the court.

I don’t follow this closely but when I do it seems to be getting worse.

What stops the UK from pulling out if Brexit and then invoking Article 50 once again? And again and again until they get the results they desire? l@nd0

What stops the UK from pulling out if Brexit and then invoking Article 50 once again? And again and again until they get the results they desire? l@nd0

The EU can suspend a member's voting rights and representation and just ignore them ad infinitum.

"Where a determination under paragraph 2 has been made, the Council, acting by a qualified majority, may decide to suspend certain of the rights deriving from the application of the Treaties to the Member State in question, including the voting rights of the representative of the government of that Member State in the Council. In doing so, the Council shall take into account the possible consequences of such a suspension on the rights and obligations of natural and legal persons."

UK should stay with the EU. It will be better for them.

Well yeah. But then you would really need a second referendum.

May wants to renegotiate, especially the backstop, it seems. I doubt this is gonna happen.

52 > 48. All noise to try and ice you into another vote because the first one didn't go as planned. Get it done.

Good video.

I just am just disappointed May will sign the migration pact with EU that makes migration a human right.

Isn't something as important like that, letting EU set quotas for importing third worlders into the UK, essentially a deal that overrides Brexit and it's ideas (they, not EU decide their own laws/border controls). How can you be "out of the EU" yet EU controls you in this way?

How on earth anyone thought she was ms Hard Brexit? Clever marketing?

I couldn't make it through 2 mins of that video.

I couldn't make it through 2 mins of that video.

.. and? Do you have a short attention span or are you not able to view content presenting opposing viewpoints? It's a rant against the anti-democratic nonsense surrounding brexit. Nothing more nor less.

.. and? Do you have a short attention span or are you not able to view content presenting opposing viewpoints? It's a rant against the anti-democratic nonsense surrounding brexit. Nothing more nor less.

I got to the point where he said that those who opposed brexit oppose the existence of the UK. That suggests that it is indeed a rant and one not worth taking seriously.

I would also like to point to the fact that us leaving the UK is much likelier to break up after leaving the EU than remaining (look at the absolute shitfest in NI).

I got to the point where he said that those who opposed brexit oppose the existence of the UK. That suggests that it is indeed a rant and one not worth taking seriously.

I would also like to point to the fact that us leaving the UK is much likelier to break up after leaving the EU than remaining (look at the absolute shitfest in NI).

Fair enough.

Isn't something as important like that, letting EU set quotas for importing third worlders into the UK, essentially a deal that overrides Brexit and it's ideas (they, not EU decide their own laws/border controls). How can you be "out of the EU" yet EU controls you in this way?

How on earth anyone thought she was ms Hard Brexit? Clever marketing?

No one thought she was Mrs hard brexit though , she was and is a Remainer at heart not her fault all the visionary types that lead the leave campaign have done nothing more productive than snipe from the sidelines since the vote .

No one thought she was Mrs hard brexit though , she was and is a Remainer at heart not her fault all the visionary types that lead the leave campaign have done nothing more productive than snipe from the sidelines since the vote .
Right, two face politician, but there was nothing to indicate from her she didn't want that image as she was the one at the helm to deliver what people voted for. She even talked tough, so some people believed it lol.

pri_42301228.jpg

That is a hardly the main talking point of my post though, just a point at her scheming ways. UK cannot sign this thing and leave the EU, complete with needing to make their own Bill of Rights, because they're not in the EU anymore. It is politically incongruous to sign something that directly affects how they control the border.

1 Referendum Voted to Leave (in order to no longer adhere to EU mandates, border control etc.)
2 Signs Migration Pact during Brexit process - showing their hand they welcome third world.
3 Leaves EU officially
4 Adheres to importing third world and what EU has decided for your border.

Ok so what was the point in the referendum? People who say that "it's not legally binding" as some sort of indication that the powers that be don't like/want it is laughable. This shows don't intend to deliver Brexit at all, and don't respect democracy. Leave means Leave.

163858.jpeg

Right, two face politician, but there was nothing to indicate from her she didn't want that image as she was the one at the helm to deliver what people voted for. She even talked tough, so some people believed it lol.

pri_42301228.jpg

That is a hardly the main talking point of my post though, just a point at her scheming ways. UK cannot sign this thing and leave the EU, complete with needing to make their own Bill of Rights, because they're not in the EU anymore. It is politically incongruous to sign something that directly affects how they control the border.

1 Referendum Voted to Leave (in order to no longer adhere to EU mandates, border control etc.)
2 Signs Migration Pact during Brexit process - showing their hand they welcome third world.
3 Leaves EU officially

Ok so what was the point in the referendum? People who say that "it's not legally binding" as some sort of indication that the powers that be don't like/want it is laughable. This shows don't intend to deliver Brexit at all, and don't respect democracy. Leave means Leave.

163858.jpeg

** It was advisory and non binding
**The UK has more immigrants from the Commonwealth than from the EU, guess where they're coming from ?
3 Leaves EU officially
** But still wants to keep all the benefits because a hard Brexit is suicidal.
** Like places in the Commonwealth and NI also had a referendum in 1998 and 74% choose not to have a border with Ireland.

As for the pic with regards to the old line of "Ireland made to vote again". I voted no the first time and then when we got the opt outs we wanted, for tax and neutrality I voted yes. It's called negotiating, something Ireland can do but the UK cannot. That's because when we have referendums, it's planned for 2 years in advance of the vote, every household receives a booklet outlining what will happen legally and constitutionally before the vote, so we have all the facts.

BTW The highest Yes vote ever in any Irish referendum was for the GFA in 1998. I along with 94.6% of the voters voted for it, with the full understanding that we were giving up our claim on NI and changing our constitution to reflect that. But it also meant no border, everyone born on the island had a right to an Irish passport and could claim Irish citizenship (800k in NI and counting have one, which means the are EU citizens regardless of Brexit) and an end to the troubles.

** It was advisory and non binding
Brexit?

**The UK has more immigrants from the Commonwealth than from the EU, guess where they're coming from ?
No commonwealth member has any authority over another.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_the_Commonwealth_of_Nations

Is this guilt trip over British rule?

3 Leaves EU officially
** But still wants to keep all the benefits because a hard Brexit is suicidal.
They can negotiate as hard as they want. They still have to leave.

** Like places in the Commonwealth and NI also had a referendum in 1998 and choose not to have a border with Ireland.
This whattaboutism does not show reasons to support signing the migration pact.

That's because when we have referendums, it's planned for 2 years in advance of the vote, every household receives a booklet outlining what will happen legally and constitutionally before the vote, so we have all the facts.
I don't think this helps your argument. Just goes to show how much of an imbecile Cameron was/is. There is no doubt people were ill-informed on Northern Ireland. That is not the fault of the voters, there was no pamphlet describing "what will happen legally with the border in NI", there should have been. There were adverts about how voting is racist though.

349B039100000578-0-Operation_Black_Vote_sparked_outrage_yesterday_after_releasing_a-m-7_1464299538908.jpg

Merkel shat the bed and then people were justifiably concerned. There is no metric showing Merkels EU-wide decision is a success with crime (diversity is strength) and employment (muh pensions).

Back