International Brexit News & Discussion v7: British Parliament Rejects Theresa May's Brexit Deal (Again)

Already happened. Their most well known party members have either resigned, left the party for others or are considering leaving.

Farage was easily their most recognisable leader, but he seemed to show his true colours when the country actually voted Brexit. The party is dead as dead can be. Their only MP quit the party last year and they've underwent several (4 or 5) leadership changes since Farage quit in 2016.
yeah but thats whats funny, Farage was their most recognisable face.... but he's never been elected to Westminster. Also one year he got less votes than a guy dressed as a dolphin lol
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/may/07/nigel-farage-ukip-john-bercow
Election results: Ukip's Nigel Farage finishes behind John Bercow and Flipper
Farage wanted to overturn the Speaker who had enraged the electorate by flipping his second home, but in the end he himself was flipped by a candidate dressed as a dolphin

So May and the Tories did have a plan all along, which was the same as near enough everyone else in the political/corporate establishment - no Brexit.

And what's the alternative at the next election? A Jeremy Corbyn lead Labour Party where we would have Dianne Abbott as Home Secretary, John McDonnell (a self described Marxist) as Chancellor of the Exchequer, Nia Griffin (a loony lefty former teacher with a degree in modern languages) as head of defence, Shami Chakrabati as Attorney General and so on.

What an absolute shower of shite.
they cant be any worse than this current joke of a government

There are slow-moving trainwrecks, and then there's Brexit.

Projects like these needs to maintain momentum with strong leadership, not constant backpedaling and second-guessing from everyone.

Last edited:
You think the general public could even tell you any details regarding Brexit talks since the vote 2 years ago? I'd wager a large percentage of UK population couldn't even tell you the names of the leaders of the main political parties in the UK, let alone UKIP. The Daily Mail, The Mirror and the Sun are the three largest news sources in the UK across print and digital readership. You really think people are well informed enough to make a serious judgement call when it comes to policy?

If you want to see the trajectory of UKIP, look at their most recent election results. It's all down hill. Their party and leadership doesn't inspire confidence in anyone.

"The most powerful argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
-Winston Churchill;)

The rationale is simple and compelling we were at best indifferent about Europe , who knew the name of their MEP or even bothered to vote in a Euro election , precious few .
No best all round that we leave so they can find someone that really loves them , while we whore about for a bit .

The fact I can't tell if you support brexit or are mocking those that do says a lot.

Exactly what I said. The main parties are clearly not going to allow a Brexit to happen. So do the voters turn someone that would? Brexit remains a very popular idea, and I know for a fact that there is dramatic growing discontent with the British establishment parties. I honestly have no idea how things will turn out but it is interesting.

Exactly what I said. The main parties are clearly not going to allow a Brexit to happen. So do the voters turn someone that would? Brexit remains a very popular idea, and I know for a fact that there is dramatic growing discontent with the British establishment parties. I honestly have no idea how things will turn out but it is interesting.

Actually both parties are committed to brexit, it just wasn't defined as to what it would actually involve so now the parties have to do something to please a largely ignorant group of the electorate, despite it not being in the best interest of the country as a whole.

The idea that a leave vote somehow entails a hard brexit is as farcical as a a remain vote entailing adopting the euro, joining schengen and replacing all the road signs with metric distances.

The remain advocates consistently said that leave was going to be chaos, with no defined goals and no plan in terms of delivering timely and tangible benefits. And surprise surprise, it's complete chaos. You all got what you voted for. To now complain is the height of stupidity.

Brexit : expectations v reality

GsJSEuc.gif

this pleases me lol

Last edited:
Interesting to see Raab emerge on the scene he's been touted as an eventual leadership candidate in some quarters , though it seems like May is reasonably safe from her own party at the moment Rees-Mogg isn't going to be able to get enough support force a leadership contest .

Back