Brian Ortega Agrees with Doctor Stoppage

I have no trouble believing him when he says he'd die in there. No quit in him

I think that’s why he made the comment about it being a good stoppage. There was absolutely no quit in him last night.

tenor.gif

Good to see he's taking the loss like a man and not coming up with any excuses. I'm happy the doctor stopped it, he was taking way too much damage for his own good
Someone course say the Excuse was “I broke my thumb and nose”

That was a good scrap and good on Brian for giving it to to ref

^If anyone says he’s making excuses, they’re a complete moron. I’m still surprised that’s all that was broken.

Tried to give his neck to Max & Max said eff that

Two broken bones, 290 significant strikes taken, and zero knockdowns. What a warrior. He'll be the 145 champ when Max moves up.
i dont think so, i can not see him winning against Zabit.
Longer reach, better striking, far better wrestling... and maybe even groundgame...
Only problem that Zabit have is his cardio.
If Ortega can endure after the 3 round then he has a chance of finishing Zabit.

I’m just saying that Rory has been the same after that war with Lawler. It could possibly be the same for Ortega who took a similar if not worse beating. Fighters usually look different after beatings like this. (JDS, Rory)
I agree. We've seen this a lot.
Wand after CroCop, Hendo, Rampage, and Chuck all took turns driving an 18-wheeler over him.
JDS is a great example too. He's never recovered.
Overeem ruined his chin by getting back in the ring waaaay too quickly after getting his head rattled multiple times.

Where you been?
He's a cool dude, go look up where the two cops wrestled him and beat him down in the Gracie gym back in the day. Pretty sure that was pre UFC.
He took that in stride too. Hopefully he can get some wrestling in and get the takedown on future opponents where he can then work to his strengths.
I thought 75% Max was going to show up with the events in the last year or so, but 110% Max showed up.

While I agree Ortega is a cool dude (it at least seems like it), that was a training exercise and Brian was in on it. You can clearly see it in the video. They didn't beat him up, they wrestled him down and hand cuffed him. And he had a fake knife. It was a demonstration.

i dont think so, i can not see him winning against Zabit.
Longer reach, better striking, far better wrestling... and maybe even groundgame...
Only problem that Zabit have is his cardio.
If Ortega can endure after the 3 round then he has a chance of finishing Zabit.

Better ground game haha? Zabit lost two fights to armbar. Ortega would submit him in less than 3 rounds.

What kind of retarded post is this?

First, he landed his own shots too, so lets not act like Max didn’t get touched.

2nd, people can improve, you know, like how Max has over the years.

Not sure he was suggesting a rematch take place tomorrow, but, if it does happen a 18 months down the line or something, it can still be a very good fight with perhaps, a different result.
The result will not be any different until Ortega learns how to wrestle at a high level, which will take years.

Hmm why does it look like he’s shooting blood out of his left nipple lol

Back