Brian Ortega Discusses Saving UFC 222, New UFC Contract & Frankie Edgar

smart move signing a contract before this fight bc he's abt to lose

Much respect for Ortega. But I think Edgar is taking a huge risk here too by taking this fight against a dangerous dangerous guy like Ortega when he could´ve just said "No thanks, I´ll wait for my TS against Max" . But he had the balls to put his TS aside and accepted to fight this young and hungry kid.
Edgar is the man!

I can't wait for this fight... I'm getting more and more confident in Brian catching Frankie in a sub, crazy as it might sound.

Hoping Ortega Nooses Edgar!

Ortega is awesome. Gonna go out on a limb and say he finishes Frankie. Huge stretch but I'm on board the bandwagon.

I like Ortega and hope he continues to improve but Frankie is going to pepper him up! It feels like another Yair situation. Too much, too soon

Anyone can KO anyone if they land on the right sport
Yeah but that's basic physics. Locking in subs in a high level MMA fight is different. You don't really see fluke subs in MMA.

I like Ortega and hope he continues to improve but Frankie is going to pepper him up! It feels like another Yair situation. Too much, too soon
How is it too soon if Ortega's next fight was for the title?

If Frankie had beaten Holloway this fight would have been made anyway.

Much respect for Ortega. But I think Edgar is taking a huge risk here too by taking this fight against a dangerous dangerous guy like Ortega when he could´ve just said "No thanks, I´ll wait for my TS against Max" . But he had the balls to put his TS aside and accepted to fight this young and hungry kid.
Edgar is the man!

agreed

that said, sherdog double standards are stronk

I'm a fan of both guys, just hoping for a good fight. I think it will deliver.

Ortega hasn't cycled off the anabolic steroids yet....he's taking a big risk....

Hasn't been caught in 3.5 years.....once a cheat always a cheat

Edgar is the man!
have said this before , completely agree with this post .
can't wait for the fight , still hoping Frankie wins this so we can get Max V Frankie ASAP mainly because Frankie is due to decline any time now and Ortega is young/good enough to make another run at the title .

Back