Media Brian Ortega Submits Yair Rodriguez GIFS

Ortega after nearly being killed as usual for him,decided to actually wrestle instead of die. Epic submission. Dont know why he didnt break it right away but didnt seem to have anything against Yair so ill forgive him.

Threatens its on sight with Topuria lol thats the only way you'll fight him.
Yair, a steel hammer but a rusty nail :)

I remember years ago when I started BJJ watching him show that choke on the gracie channel, I was always surprised people don't use that RNC grip more, it feels so fucking tight

What a comeback, thought he was a wash after that round 1 mugging. Once Yair slowed to human speed and Ortega got his clutches on him it was a wrap.

Pity Yair couldn't keep up that superhuman tempo!

He held that a tad bit long, no? Goddard was pissed.

4fa.jpg

Brian btw rds last night

What a gritty performance from Ortega.

It's a shame he has missed so much time during his prime. Seemed a little rusty out there tonight but still got it done.

I am wondering do any of you stats nerds know the answer to this question? Has any fighter in the ufc ever won the belt after losing his first two attempts?

I can’t think of any but maybe I’m forgetting someone
Has any fighter in the ufc ever won the belt after losing his first two attempts?

Not sure.

Has any fighter in the ufc ever won the belt after NOT WINNING his first two attempts?

Yes. BJ Penn.

Lost his first title shot to Jens Pulver then had a draw vs Caol Uno, if my memory serves me correctly, in the finals of a LW tournament, and as it was a draw, no belt awarded and the UFC scrapped the division for 2 years.

BJ won his next title fight beating Matt Hughes for WW gold.

Yair shit the bed hard. T City literally twisted his ankle an injured fighter served up on a silver platter and Yair still blew it.

Last edited:
Back